News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

This is funny. Someone started a thread thanking p'dox for the new searchable character and title filters that they added. And then a rain cloud comes in:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?658167-Dear-Paradox-Development-Studios-THANKYOU-(cont)

QuoteYou know funny enough I disagree with all filters for my own enjoyment.

Already it is extremely easy to find top commanders, spymasters etc for your realm using the search function. But do the AI do this? I can't be 100% sure. But either way I see it as an artifical barrier in finding the best of the best who are willing/able to come to your realm. If you want to find the best who will come, then be prepared to search for them. When I do this I imagine my character either using agents to actively search for the best roaming commander willing to serve the crown or meticulously looking for documents of the best commanders and then choosing which are willing to come.

I'm not saying everybody should be barred from them, of course I am not, simply stating why I don't mind the simple filters and why I would dislike optimum filters which will allow me to find this people in seconds.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Well, if you play for max. outcome, then yes. Myself, I go with the flow, and try to make decisions my current ruler would make, even if they're not the best.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 15, 2013, 09:42:26 AM
Well, if you play for max. outcome, then yes. Myself, I go with the flow, and try to make decisions my current ruler would make, even if they're not the best.

yeah I don't go overboard with stat-whoring either.

garbon

Kinda rough how much activity the bug forum is seeing after this DLC.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2013, 10:28:35 AM

what I hate though, is the "I tried to continue my game after the patch installed and its fubared in all kinds of ways"

well, yeah, duh.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on January 15, 2013, 11:57:58 AM

what I hate though, is the "I tried to continue my game after the patch installed and its fubared in all kinds of ways"

well, yeah, duh.

It does seem that some are new to steam auto-patching as well.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2013, 12:09:45 PM
Quote from: Tamas on January 15, 2013, 11:57:58 AM

well, yeah, duh.

It does seem that some are new to steam auto-patching as well.

this is what, the 9th patch for CK2?

garbon

So apparently p'dox added those new succession laws but then promptly forgot to assign them to any nations? How slapdash was this patch/DLC? :hmm:

Razgovory

Damnedest thing happened.  I was just minding my business keeping my Realm in order, arresting traitors, and looking for an opportunity to pick up a couple of provinces in the middle East and I get this message:  "Oh Hey, we decided to overthrow our king and put you in his place.  Wish us luck!"  The next moment I end up Ruling France, Denmark, the Baltic and Hungary.  There was no war, or anything.  I just got all this territory. I didn't even start as Sweden or anything.  Go me, I guess.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I wonder if replacing the Pope will end his stupid ass crusade against the Mongols.  I got excommunicated by the previous head of France (not the one I replace, the guy before that), and so I set up a rather dimwitted anti-Pope.  Then I sent my armies to conquer Rome.  There currently a pointless crusade to give the Holy Roman Emperor back Poland from the Golden Horde, I wonder if me replacing the Pope will stop that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

I like that as I'm now in Europe, steam wants to sell me the DLC for 9,99€. I think I'll wait till next week and save my 3 bucks. :)

Phillip V

Play with this patch or wait for 1.09b?

Tamas

Quote from: Phillip V on January 16, 2013, 02:33:35 AM
Play with this patch or wait for 1.09b?

play with it.

garbon

I'd also say with it as there are a lot of things that they fixed and nothing that I've seen reported is game-breaking. Caveat is that not all the new features of the patch and/or DLC seem like they'll be up to snuff till at least 1.09b though. :)

Tamas

QuoteOk so I was playing a republic obviously. Things where going well, I had quite a few trade posts. Most of my trade post where in the HRE but I didnt really think anything of it. Then suddenly HRE declares an Embarko war on me. I tried to fight but it is not like I could do anything against the HRE... Eventualy, and unavoidably I got crushed by a few 20k armies. Within a year I surrendered.
But then I noticed ALL my trade posts in the HRE where gone... That was like 95% of them. So all my money gone, all my income gone, and basically reset to nothing.
I can't belevie that happened... I lukily lost the war pretty quickly and could reload an earlier autosave then. Now I'm trying to reload everytime they declare war, trying to improve their opinion of me to stop it from happening, I don't know if it'll work yet.
Anyway this is just BROKEN and needs to be reworked... And what is I wasn't the dodge, then I wouldn't even have been able to imporve his opinion? Anyway I don't see the point in continuing that save and I'm not that entusiastic about starting over as a republic if that can happen...

So PLEASE fix this in a patch SOOON!

:lmfao: