News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Are you guys basing your answer on a tooltip, an inference, or what?

I've only changed realm laws once so far, but it was definitely 3/9, then a little bit later it passed, and I don't think there was much in the way of activity that would have improved my relations.

garbon

I'm forgetting but that's what it is. AI realms are staggered/delayed in responding - so it probably just bumped up without you knowing.

http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Laws

Some mistakes in that link though as I don't think kings have less votes than dukes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 11, 2013, 04:35:31 PM

I've only changed realm laws once so far, but it was definitely 3/9, then a little bit later it passed, and I don't think there was much in the way of activity that would have improved my relations.
Each person has different number of votes according to their rank power and vote at different times. "A little bit later", someone probably voted to approve the proposed law, thus providing the simple majority.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 11, 2013, 04:35:31 PM

I think their votes change as their opinions of you change.  You start of with 3/9 but over time two people increased their opinion of you and voted for what ever it is you wanted them to do.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I guess I'll install the patch after I finish my Toulouse game.  The world has evolved in to large superstates.  I rule most of Iberia along with Greece and parts of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.  The HRE now rules Poland, France rules the Netherlands, Hungary, most of the Balkans and of course France (sans Toulouse).  Norway rules most of England, Sweden and all of Finland.  Cumania controls most of Southern Russia and the Rus rule northern Russia.  Ruthenia exists but is mostly just a rim of bordering western Cumania.  The Muslims are a mess, but that should be sorted out as the Mongols have shown up recently.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Sheilbh

Any recommendations of interesting places to play? Normally go for Ireland, Iberia or Apulia. But I fancy a new sort of game.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Denmark might be fun or a Duke in  the Holy Roman Empire or Byzantine empire.

Queequeg

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 12, 2013, 06:27:42 AM
Any recommendations of interesting places to play? Normally go for Ireland, Iberia or Apulia. But I fancy a new sort of game.
Sweden is pretty fun. You are hemmed in by powerful Norway and Denmark, but can expand across the Baltic. I like the Komneni, or Rostov a lot.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 12, 2013, 06:27:42 AM

Wait until Monday, get the expansion and play as Venice. ;)

Tamas

The patch alone worth waiting for imho.

All this talk made me want to play CK2 again, but there is no point in starting until the patch and expansion arrives on Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTts-iGixU

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on January 12, 2013, 04:44:41 PM

All this talk made me want to play CK2 again, but there is no point in starting until the patch and expansion arrives on Monday.

:yeahright:

The patch has some interesting bits but hardly seems groundbreaking.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

ah, the eternal optimism of the paradox player... the hope that the next patch will make the game playable.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 04:52:27 PM

:yeahright:

The patch has some interesting bits but hardly seems groundbreaking.

:rolleyes:

Where did I say that? It has fixes and additions which I would like to try, and since I have no time to get anywhere in a new game until Monday, there is no point in starting one.

But hey, don't let me ruin your negativity!

garbon

What was your point in saying it was worth waiting for then?

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 05:33:18 PM
What was your point in saying it was worth waiting for then?

as opposed to starting a new game two days before its out.