And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2013, 10:13:14 AM
Quote from: Martinus on January 04, 2013, 10:10:16 AM
Yes, but before you can restart the war, you will have to disband your levies (and if they are outside of your own territory, you will first want to move them to your own territory, so that you do not get "lost troops" due to disbanding outside of your realm).

I forgot about this new wrinkle.  Biggest advantage in CK I was lining up all your troops before you declared war.

Well there are ways around this. Retinues, mercs and holy orders don't count as raised troops and you can position them - though I know as of at least 1.08, you can't have troop stationed in enemy territory when you declare war.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on January 04, 2013, 10:14:50 AM
Yes, but before you can restart the war, you will have to disband your levies (and if they are outside of your own territory, you will first want to move them to your own territory, so that you do not get "lost troops" due to disbanding outside of your realm).

I forgot about this new wrinkle.  Biggest advantage in CK I was lining up all your troops before you declared war.

Well there are ways around this. Retinues, mercs and holy orders don't count as raised troops and you can position them - though I know as of at least 1.08, you can't have troop stationed in enemy territory when you declare war.

Well, holy orders are unlikely to be useful against your own liege. :P

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on January 04, 2013, 10:16:19 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 04, 2013, 10:14:50 AM

Well, holy orders are unlikely to be useful against your own liege. :P

True. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2013, 10:09:13 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 04, 2013, 10:07:16 AM
Claim or use holy war function. The latter can be more dangerous as they will likely get more of their co-religionists to join in

Oh yeah that is why it is a little better to fight for claims.

I usually get carried away with holy wars and suddenly find myself being jihaded by both caliphates as soon as I make myself king.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

How are things regarding claims at the beginning of the Reconquista?  Do the Spicks have claims on all Mulsim Iberian counties?  Do the towelheads have claims on all Christian Iberian counties?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2013, 04:26:26 PM
How are things regarding claims at the beginning of the Reconquista?  Do the Spicks have claims on all Mulsim Iberian counties?  Do the towelheads have claims on all Christian Iberian counties?

No.  Just ones that are part of their de jure territory.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2013, 04:41:55 PM
No.  Just ones that are part of their de jure territory.

Do Muslims hold higher de jure titles in CK II?  In CK I they generally didn't.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2013, 04:45:54 PM

Oooooh.  I think how they are handled changed alot with the Muslim expansion.  Their titles are different than Christian ones I think.  Like the realms are usually named after the Dynasty (the Seljuks, the Fatimids, etc....)
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on January 04, 2013, 04:13:33 PM
I usually get carried away with holy wars and suddenly find myself being jihaded by both caliphates as soon as I make myself king.

It gets kinda silly when every Muslim from Morocco to India suddenly forget all their disputes and unite to stop you just because you cannot have Nicaea, dammit!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2013, 04:58:29 PM
Oooooh.  I think how they are handled changed alot with the Muslim expansion.  Their titles are different than Christian ones I think.  Like the realms are usually named after the Dynasty (the Seljuks, the Fatimids, etc....)

But how about the bottom line issue of whether or not their titles give them de jure claims on counties that start out Christian-held?

If the answer is no it seems that takes a lot of pressure off the various Spick kingdoms.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2013, 04:45:54 PM

No actually it most cases their titles are the same, they are just named differently - as you said after the dynasty. If you go to the title screen (the one that you also see when trying to usurp) - it shows in brackets what the title actually is.

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on January 04, 2013, 05:03:45 PM
It gets kinda silly when every Muslim from Morocco to India suddenly forget all their disputes and unite to stop you just because you cannot have Nicaea, dammit!

You know what I hate?  How the Seljuks always come to the Rumites aid no matter what kind of war you declare on them.  Man what a pain.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2013, 05:04:36 PM

But how about the bottom line issue of whether or not their titles give them de jure claims on counties that start out Christian-held?

If the answer is no it seems that takes a lot of pressure off the various Spick kingdoms.

I don't recall offhand but I can tell you that such is definitely not the case in terms of less pressure. What I generally see is one or two muslim states consolidate there and then wipe out the Christian kingdoms. Later, France takes the lands back when a crusade is declared.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on January 04, 2013, 05:07:41 PM
I don't recall offhand but I can tell you that such is definitely not the case in terms of less pressure. What I generally see is one or two muslim states consolidate there and then wipe out the Christian kingdoms. Later, France takes the lands back when a crusade is declared.

Which independents do you think have the best starting position then? 

In CK I my short list was Poland, Apulia, and Leon (if the assasination attempt fails, just restart).  Easy access to conquerable pagans or muslims.

Valmy

I think it works better to do the 'Alexiad' scenario if you want to do a Spain game.  The Castillians have gotten a few of the pieces back together at that point.

A big personal favorite for Pagan conquering for me is always Denmark.