News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I tried Boner's suggestion and played some more as a minor Mick.

Greedy neighbors were forging claims on my shit right and left.  Is there anything I can do to mitigate this?  At least in the old CK as long as you didn't get excommunicated you were safe against Christians.  Frankly it seems the ease with which claims can be fabricated makes playing a free minor nigh impossible.

Also, what are the repercussions of raising taxes and/or levies?  Again, in the old one it was right there on the screen: build a court house and up your burgher tax, no problem.

Ed Anger

Send your chancellor and forge a claim on them. Jump 'em before they can act.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

With my 600 guys?  I'm talking about the King of the Northern Chavs eating my lunch, not some local idiot.

Maximus

Yea I'm not sure an independent minor is the best place to start. Try something that has a big guy backing you against foreign kings.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 31, 2012, 09:01:21 PM
With my 600 guys?  I'm talking about the King of the Northern Chavs eating my lunch, not some local idiot.

Yeah, you might be ready for a big boy duchy now.

Bohemia is fun, unless the horde assrape that far in the 1200's.

Admiral Yi

I've already started a Bohemia game.  Carefully saved up my ducats to create a kingdom, then found I needed 200 piety on top of the lucre.  :yucky:

Plus Bohemia has this bonehead seniority inheritance law. :weep:

I do get the impression playing as the Holy Roman Emperor is no walk in the park.  Nonstop independence wars, eh?

What are the new rules on fighting pagans and Musselmen?  I can see Poland fighting somebody, and it looks like the the province no longer gets automatically taken over when conquered.

Ed Anger

You play a Empire, you are gonna have a civil war for each Imperial reign. more if the emperor is a dick.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 31, 2012, 09:44:01 PM
You play a Empire, you are gonna have a civil war for each Imperial reign. more if the emperor is a dick.

Not necessarily. Before I got downgraded back to a duke, I had a very peaceful transfer of the Byzantine Empire from my gay one to my dwarf one.  The dwarf one was well respected and with my large treasury surplus had an entirely peaceful reign (sans conquests of Saracen lands). :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I tend to be a Dickish player. :blush:

Razgovory

I ran a fairly tight ship as the Russians until Johnny Mongol showed up.  I even managed to become king of Jerusalem.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 31, 2012, 09:37:31 PMI do get the impression playing as the Holy Roman Emperor is no walk in the park.  Nonstop independence wars, eh?
Yes, but you are the most powerful ruler in the game and will be able to destroy all the Italian and Burgundian dukes.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on December 26, 2012, 12:48:38 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 22, 2012, 03:01:07 PM
Faction system sure makes it easier to take on lieges. My gay king of Serbia was able to rouse half of the Empire for his mother's claim to the throne. My event granted doomstacks steamrolled those of the then Emperor.

Ugh I had 4 decades of good emperors (even the gay one was good after he paid everyone off to ignore what was happening in his bedroom). However my next emperor ruled for 10 days before succumbing to the great pox. My current ruler is a 14 year old girl facing down a faction revolt for the rule of her aunt who has been Queen of Scotland for some 20 odd years. :yucky:

Poor Anthe lost the throne and had to be content with a few dukedoms. Just recently took it back with her son who'd been born in the purple. Oddly when my faction only had 40% strength of the Emperor, said emperor gave in to my demands and abdicated.  Now facing down a powerful faction that wants to see my emperor's brother in charge.

Also, dwarfism got into the genetics of my family at some point and now everyone keeps popping out as dwarves. Tired of having dwarven Byzantine Emperors! :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: garbon on January 02, 2013, 11:32:14 PM

Also, dwarfism got into the genetics of my family at some point and now everyone keeps popping out as dwarves. Tired of having dwarven Byzantine Emperors! :D

Ruling in Constaninerebor?

Martinus

In my current game as Burgundy, my uber-stats King Henri the Great (all stats above 15) became at one point the most influential man in Christendom, serving as the Steward and Regent of the Holy Roman Empire, Guardian of the young Emperor, and also pretender to thrones of France and England (two civil wars there trying to put him on the throne).

One surprise though. For some reason both the young emperor whom King Henri tutored, and each of his own sons (he has two) turned out to be gay.  :hmm:

It seems there is something in the water in the royal court of Dijon.  :ph34r:

garbon

Read the latest dev diary. Sounds like they put a lot of thought into the mechanics for Republics, but still unconvinced that it'll be fun to be a non-ruling family.