And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Solmyr

Admiral Yi

Can't figure out how to see the relationship between taxes and peasant/burgher/clergy contentment.  The only thing I can see is how much the mayor or the bishop like me.  Help?

I tried to start a new game as Ned Flanders, but ditched it when I found out I was stuck with gavelkind until the Emperor made some change.  Gavelkind:  :yucky:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 29, 2012, 08:03:30 PM
Can't figure out how to see the relationship between taxes and peasant/burgher/clergy contentment.  The only thing I can see is how much the mayor or the bishop like me.  Help?

I tried to start a new game as Ned Flanders, but ditched it when I found out I was stuck with gavelkind until the Emperor made some change.  Gavelkind:  :yucky:

You get demense bonus with Gavelkind. But I'd ditch it as soon as possible.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I think most people start out with gavelkind.  It's a strange set of laws that technically means inheritance is decided by these weird narrow-snouted crocodiles who carry little wooden hammers.  Since crocodiles are rare in Europe they just decided to just split the inheritance between surviving sons.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

My current game as Lombardy/Italy highlights two biggest problems with the game right now.

First, due to a rapid imperial succession, the HRE not only did not collapse, but emperors raised the crown authority out of wazoo with little to none opposition - I was able to create Italy only by grabbing the last three provinces during an odd rebellion befofe the emperor could crush them.

Then (as a King of Italy I managed to keep my own authority low, which trumps the imperial authority and allows me to DoW Italian minors in my de jure area), as I was getting ready to declare independence, came the Fatimid invasion of Italy and only thanks to the imperial armies I managed to survive - so I will stay in the HRE for a bit more.

Btw, Fatimids have been at 95-100% of decadence for a while now and nothing happens...

Queequeg

I generally just dig in to the save file to nerf the Fatmids. It annoys me, even when I'm playing Barcelona or Toulouse.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Mart, have you tried CK2+? Some of the silliness is toned down there. Only realized how much when I recently started my first vanilla game.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Lost the password for my ancient Paradox forum account, CCR_of_the_Code.  It's connected to my ancient Yahoo account.  Can't access mod forum.  Goddamn it.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Jaron

What does CCR_of_the_Code mean anyhow?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Phillip V

CCR_of_the_Code is widely missed.

Queequeg

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on December 30, 2012, 06:37:50 PM
Mart, have you tried CK2+? Some of the silliness is toned down there. Only realized how much when I recently started my first vanilla game.
I did - it has some nice things but, like with most mods, it feels like I am not playing the real game.

Fireblade

Quote from: Martinus on December 31, 2012, 04:25:24 AM
I did - it has some nice things but, like with most mods, it feels like I am not playing the real game.

Somewhat More Historic Mod is alright. It mostly just adds new counties.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on December 31, 2012, 04:25:24 AM

In this instance, the real game has glaring flaws that p'dox shows no desire to correct.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.