News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: Syt on December 28, 2012, 03:35:06 AM
Probably mentioned before, but GG has the complete CK-bundle (CK1+2 plus all DLC) for €22.50.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-CKC/crusader-kings-collection-bundle
Good deal. I bought it. :)

Though, it is $11.25 for Americans...

Martinus

I tried CK2+ and while I like a lot of new options it offers (e.g. plots to kindap someone or fabricate evidence of treason against someone have been something I supported for a long time), I have the same problem with it as I have with all mods - I just don't like some of the choices the mod developers made and some of the changes to the rules imposed (while I like some of the others, mind you).

For this reason I rarely, if ever, play with mods, preferring the original experience.

So I will revert back to vanilla, hoping we get these new things in future patches (I hope kindappings and accusations of treason and heresy are something that will make it to the Republic, as this very much fits with the idea of patrician families plotting against each other).

Martinus

Quote from: Phillip V on December 28, 2012, 03:39:27 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 28, 2012, 03:35:06 AM
Probably mentioned before, but GG has the complete CK-bundle (CK1+2 plus all DLC) for €22.50.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-CKC/crusader-kings-collection-bundle
Good deal. I bought it. :)

Though, it is $11.25 for Americans...

They will probably cancel the deal in the few days. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Faeelin on December 27, 2012, 03:31:13 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 27, 2012, 02:59:27 PM

You just need to build the cash producing buildings early on. After about 10-20 years you will be raking in cash.

So only build city stuff at first?

Not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean the Castle village/city improvements or do you mean the improvements in the City-type holdings (i.e. the ones held by mayor)?

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on December 27, 2012, 11:29:25 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on December 27, 2012, 03:31:13 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 27, 2012, 02:59:27 PM

You just need to build the cash producing buildings early on. After about 10-20 years you will be raking in cash.

So only build city stuff at first?

I just build the city / village improvement in my baronies. You get a lot from having that improvement upgraded throughout your demesne.

Assuming you start at a Duke level, so are capable of having more counties than one at the outset, do you prefer to just hold castles in several counties or hold all holdings (including cities and bishoprics) in your home county?

I go for the former, but I know some people have been advocating the latter.

Admiral Yi

Is the pimp, er.. marriage screen filterable?  How can I get rid of the 3 and 39 year olds?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 28, 2012, 08:54:53 AM
Is the pimp, er.. marriage screen filterable?  How can I get rid of the 3 and 39 year olds?

No, but there is a search function that is filterable and you can go to marriage from there.  You can also set the marriage screen so that all potential partners are ordered by age.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

How does the search function work?

Martinus

Plus the default pimp screen (before you sort them
by any trait) is supposedly sorted from the best to the worst.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 28, 2012, 11:11:52 AM
How does the search function work?

Click on your portrait in the upper left of the screen, that should open up the character window.  In that window you'll notice there are a bunch of tabs at the top.  Click the one on the far right.  It now lets you scroll through at all the characters in the game.  You can filter the results from there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

I have to say, I think the Mongol conquests break the game, at least as long as I stick to early game start easterners.  I think it's ridiculous that half of Russia and most of Persia becomes Tengrii and culturally Mongol.  All of the Mongols in Europe migrated in the 16th Century or later.  They should have some kind of bonus to recruiting in Turkic and Tengrii provinces, but some kind of huge penalty to cultural and religious integration.  I think it's pretty nuts that as Armenia I have to deal with 100k+ Ilkhanate armies more than 75 years after their conquest of Persia, too. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

I've made it through about two weeks now, and managed to get my imbecile heir married off to a genius, with Raz's help.  Not  a real looker though.

I chose the wife mostly because of her monster stewardship, but when I try to replace my current dude she doesn't show up as an option.  Is a certain rank required before you appoint someone to the council?

Looking at the tech screen I don't see a lot of income-generating improvements.  Am I missing something?  And are roads no longer a part of the game?

Syt

Women can't serve in all adviser roles (only spymaster) unless you have agnatic law. I think your ruler still gets a bonus from her, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Ah.  Bummer.  Paradox seems to have a thing about giving chicks better stats than dudes.

So I saved up my shekels and declared myself Duke of Meath.  Now I can "press a de jure ducal claim."  Does that mean I can invite Kildaire to join my duchy, or steal his land from him, or what?  Is it like CK I where if I invite him I get a bad boy hit but he will eventually ask to join if my prestige is high enough?

Maximus

You can ask him without having a claim, although a claim may may him more likely to accept. Pressing a claim is a declaration of war, however. If you win you force him to swear fealty to you.

Also be aware that claiming a duchy requires 50% of the provinces, this means if it is a 2-province duchy and you are not his liege, he can usurp it from you.