Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

"My lord, you have sired a bastard."

"Uhh.."

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Finished my game as Blixen. Also, my opinion of the Aztec DLC: Meh. Pretty much does the same as Mongols: super strong invaders who build an empire that then falls apart later on. Only it strikes in the west, attacking the parts that are normally safe from the Mongols, so it evens the gameplay a bit.

Started as Count of Telemark, was awarded Duchy of Vestlandet by my king. Constant feuds with my vassals in Bergenshus. In the 12th century, Hungary and Norway formed a personal union. At one point, Hungary/Norway covered almost all of Scandinavia, plus Hungary, plus bits of the British Isles. Denmark/Norway broke loose, and us with them. Finland/parts of Sweden remained Hungarian.

Aztecs came, conquered Britain and Spain and large parts of France and Norway. For a while there were black French kings (they had blobbed from France through Iberia into Mail - Africa was all Frankish at the end of the game). When my bit of Norway was conquered I ended up playing as the Hungarified side of the family in Finnmark, i.e. North Cape. Not much happening there, but a faction in Hungary decided to make me Duke of Transylvania. During one of the many civil wars in Hungary (outsiders left Hungary alone) I had to give up the Duchy to my uncle and retire again to Finnmark. I got force-vassalized by Aztec Tröndelag (a bizarre mix of Norwegian culture and Aztec genetics/religion), before the HRE conquered Norway and kicked me out.

So I played as my uncle who I had been forced to abdicate for. He hadn't been idle, adding all kinds of claims, but stuck in unwinnable war for one of them. I ended the war and usurped an additional Duchy title. And i had to change the succession laws to agnatic to keep the family line alive. The exiled Finnmark-Count became my heir (kinda confusing switching twice between two characters).

In the end (1453) Hungary was once again locked in civil war. Poland was starting to blob into the remnants of the Ilkhanate. Byzantium had lost Anatolia (after reconquering from Seljuks) to the Timurids but had re-taken the Holy Land and Syria. The Aztecs were splintered and Muslims (Spain) and Europeans (Scandinavia/Britain/France) were starting to push them out.

I don't think I'll use the Aztec stuff much.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on November 25, 2012, 01:55:08 PM
a bizarre mix of Norwegian culture and Aztec genetics/religion

Bizarre how?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Playing the game I noticed that latin hymn "Non Nobis" was in it.  Made me think of that lavish production of Henry V.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I created an idealized version of myself to be Duke of Polotsk.  He is fat, lazy, stressed and Depressed, though rather clever.  He's now King of Lithuania, a curiously inspired leader, and legend has it he closed the gates of Hell.  My heir, Little Raz is a maimed sadist so I'm trying to figure out way to get rid of him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Josquius

The mongols failed to appear in my game :(
Anyone know a way to artificially trigger them?
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Btw, I made this post on Paradox:

QuoteThis is a relatively small request, which should be relatively easy to implement - plots related to imprisonment:

1. Kidnap plot. Could be started by any ruler and target anyone who cannot be normally imprisoned by that ruler. If the plot succeeds, the target becomes a prisoner of the originator (could be a great way to win wars  and get people you cannot normally imprison to stop plotting your demise).

2. Release plot. The opposite of a kidnap plot - freeing the target from imprisonment by another party.

3. Petition to release plot. Ask/pressure your liege to force a fellow vassal to release someone they hold in prison.

4. Arrest plot. Ask/pressure your liege to imprison someone he has power to imprison.

Plots 1 and 2 could work similar to the current assassination plots, with events triggering based on the strength of the plot etc. and have an "adventure" feel to it.

Plots 3 and 4 would work similar to "revoke title" and "see title X granted to new ruler" plots, so they can only target vassals of the same liege as yours and represent "working within the legal system".

Thoughts?

P.S. There could also be plots to put Heretics, Excommunicated Characters and Kinslayers on trial. 

Support the request if you think it is a good idea. :)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?649615-New-plot-ideas

garbon

So sounds like CK2+ is dead.

Quote from: WizSo guys, I have some news. Starting January 14th, I will be employed by Paradox as AI programmer. I got the offer partly on the merits of the work I've done on CK2+ and other mods, and it's a very exciting opportunity for me.

Undoubtedly this is going to have consequenses for my mods and CK2+ in particular. While Paradox doesn't forbid employees modding, I doubt I will have the same energy to spend all that time on modding what will be my day job. I've at least decided that I will not take down any mods, and will probably keep them up to date with patches, but development other than compatability updates and maybe bugfixes is going to be unlikely once I start working there. There isn't really a clear successor to the mod, and I'm leery about simply handing it over to the first person who asks. I will of course not mind if someone wants to continue the mod under another name, but I don't want someone I don't know taking it in a radically different direction under the same name.

For now, I am going to continue development as normally, but focus on bug fixing and polishing rather than new features, so that the mod is in top shape for whenever I stop active development.

Overall, I am extremely excited about getting this job, and very much looking forward to January!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Is it considered cheating to have one competent member of your family usurp the incompetent one you are playing and reload as the as competent one?

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2012, 05:34:29 PM
Is it considered cheating to have one competent member of your family usurp the incompetent one you are playing and reload as the as competent one?

yes

The Brain

Quote from: Viking on November 25, 2012, 07:48:50 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 25, 2012, 02:16:17 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 25, 2012, 01:55:08 PM
a bizarre mix of Norwegian culture and Aztec genetics/religion

Bizarre how?

That's the way I look when I'm out pimping on the Stockholm streets.

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2012, 05:34:29 PM

It's only cheating if she has an orgasm.