News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

A viking game would be a good thing to have, would have to be rather different to CK I think though.
Like the Ancient Greek city states game I want I doubt paradox's coloured maps focus would work.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on November 23, 2012, 03:07:00 AM
A viking game would be a good thing to have, would have to be rather different to CK I think though.
Like the Ancient Greek city states game I want I doubt paradox's coloured maps focus would work.

You really only need four colors for any map.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

So I've played as William the Conqueror a few times now and while I've mastered the Conquest (i.e. complete it with 100% of the holdings occupied and thus mine to reassign as I see fit), as soon as William dies all hell breaks loose and it seems to be a permanent state of things due to this goddamned faction mechanic.

As William, should I just assassinate all of my sons except for the non-shitty one (William Jr. IIRC)?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Fireblade

Quote from: Caliga on November 23, 2012, 07:47:13 AM
So I've played as William the Conqueror a few times now and while I've mastered the Conquest (i.e. complete it with 100% of the holdings occupied and thus mine to reassign as I see fit), as soon as William dies all hell breaks loose and it seems to be a permanent state of things due to this goddamned faction mechanic.

As William, should I just assassinate all of my sons except for the non-shitty one (William Jr. IIRC)?

I'm 99% sure England has free investiture, you could always make them bishops. Keeps them alive and removes them from succession. :)

Caliga

Sneaky. :cool:

I guess I could try doing what happened historically, wherein William said to Robert "you're a fucking idiot" and took him out of the LoS for England... you need to change to elective succession or something for that, right?

Martinus

Actually, in one of the recent patches they removed the possibility of making your eldest living son a bishop, thus removing him from succession.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on November 23, 2012, 08:38:32 AM
Sneaky. :cool:

I guess I could try doing what happened historically, wherein William said to Robert "you're a fucking idiot" and took him out of the LoS for England... you need to change to elective succession or something for that, right?

Yeah. That being said, I usually play historically and do not try to "game" the succession laws, however I take "in character" opportunities to take out idiot eldest sons. The best justification, imo, roleplaying-wise if they plot against you and you imprison them. Then you could just throw them into the oubliette the first moment they complain and wait for them to waste away.

Maximus

I just started up the game for the first time in a while. I'm playing as a minor Italian Count, so not much has happened so far. However I just checked around to see what was happening in other parts of Europe and noticed that the war for England is over. Harold of Godwin, Duke of Bedford is imprisoned by Duke William 'the Conqueror' of Kent, who is imprisoned by King Eadgar II, grandson of Eadmund Ironside, who in turn is imprisoned by King Harald of Norway.

It's not something I've noticed before, nobles remaining imprisoned long after the war is over.

Josquius

The aztec thing sounds stupid. How are they even attempting to explain that one alternate historically? Makes no sense...
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

Wait till you read the events about the Aztec empire being menaced by incans with guns to the south.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Queequeg

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 24, 2012, 01:00:55 AM
Wait till you read the events about the Aztec empire being menaced by incans with guns to the south.
Jesus fuck.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

My Norwegian Duke game is in 1180. France has blobbed and controls almost all of Iberia (there's also a medium sized kingdom of Navarra). Fatimids and Seljuks have crumbled and other dynasties have taken their place. Ireland has unified, Scotland and England are independent. HRE is remarkably stable. Byzantium has lost most of Anatolia, but took back the Holy Land. They also hold bits of Southern Italy. There's regular civil wars in the Empire. The Sardinian Republic has been around for 70+ years now.

Norway itself includes Denmark, Finland, Iceland and large chunks of Sweden. The heir to the Norwegian/Danish throne is already king of Hungary, too (a Norwegian catholic on the Hungarian throne? Why not!). He's pretty old by now - his dad is 78 and still going to war against pagans. Poland is smallish, and the Cumans dominate the East like a giant.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Queequeg on November 24, 2012, 02:31:27 AM
Jesus fuck.
He jests right? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Wait till you read the events about the Aztec empire being menaced by incans with gunboats to the south.
Fixed.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on November 24, 2012, 08:11:40 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on November 24, 2012, 02:31:27 AM
Jesus fuck.
He jests right? :unsure:

They already had screenshots of it on pdox or one of the reviews.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.