News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 06, 2012, 05:48:13 PM
There's a discussion thread about creating a My Little Pony mod.

Their units would be 100% cavalry.  That might be tough.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Lettow77

Ponies vs Touhou isn't a fair contest. Ponies have only a couple dieties to draw upon, while most all of the touhou cast are divinities.

And Cirno is the strongest.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josquius

Touhou? Wozzat? Do I want to know?
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

Does anyone know which file the unit upkeep/cost values are located in?  I've been clicking around in the CK2 folders, and can't seem to find it.  :hmm:

Nevermind.  Found it after looking through defines again.  Doh. 

garbon

Love it. New thread on p'dox:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?646264-Too-many-black-people-(per-usual)

QuoteToo many black people (per usual)

Now granted the actual complaint is fine but what a title...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

I played another game with CK2+ mod and the Byzantine Empire. I started with the Doukas emperor in 1066. Beat the Seljuks by mobilizing quicker than them and beating them before they could ever set foot into Armenia. Then went on to conquer first North Africa, then Armenia, the Levant, Balkans and at last Italy and Egypt.

When you create the Roman Empire, your color changes, you get a new trait, but that's about it.

The biggest problems seem to be civil wars as you quickly get so powerful with the Byzantines that no external foe stands a chance (well, perhaps the Mongols). Having several king level vassals makes civil wars interesting though as you can all of a sudden face a massive enemy.

Razgovory

Good things come to the Raz that waits.  Gamersgate is selling this game and all the odds and ends for 75% off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Razgovory on November 16, 2012, 03:54:45 AM
Good things come to the Raz that waits.  Gamersgate is selling this game and all the odds and ends for 75% off.
thanks for the heads up!!

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on November 15, 2012, 01:31:54 PM
Having several king level vassals makes civil wars interesting though as you can all of a sudden face a massive enemy.

Boy you are not kidding.  I played a Komnenus game awhile back and I finally defeated the RUmites after a long struggle and was breaking and kicking ass and taking names out only to see my Empire collapse into successor Kingdoms eventually.  King vassals are a bitch.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I started a game as Count of Telemark. An event pops up where I can ask my liege, King Harald Hardrada for a Duchy.

Me: "Yo, King, how about you make me a Duke?"
King: "Oops, sure, here you go!"
My new vassals: "WTF??? Asshole!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

So I went to war with my faction to install primogeniture and lower crown authority in Norway. Things were going rather swimmingly, till Sweden decided to be a total asshole. They declared war on Norway because the Norwegian king had been excommunicated. And they were also hostile to our faction, so they attacked/killed us, too, and stole our sieges because, well, fuck you. I had to go with a White Peace to get out of the mess. <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I dont understand succession, its really buggy sometimes. Should have standard eldest son stuff going on but for some reason some of my titles are set to go to my youngest not my oldest :s
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on November 17, 2012, 06:48:00 AM
I dont understand succession, its really buggy sometimes. Should have standard eldest son stuff going on but for some reason some of my titles are set to go to my youngest not my oldest :s

What's your succession law?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Cecil

Quote from: Tyr on November 17, 2012, 06:48:00 AM

Are you playing the byzzies?