News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Gain titles pre-recon quest CB, centralize authoriy, and generally they are powerful enough to conquer remainder of Kingdom on their own. I always set up ethnically Greek vassal despoties in Sicily and Croatia.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on November 03, 2012, 12:18:43 AM
i've decided to give the rome thingy a try and play byzantium (duh).
Whats the point in empires making kew kingdoms? :unsure:

Pretty much the same reason you keep Dukes rather than Counts as your vassals when being a King - having a smaller number of more powerful vassals means you can keep an eye on them more closely and intervene before things spiral out of control. Plus with the way levies work in 1.08, it makes it easier to combine your armies during wars.

Tamas

BTW, ever since vassals can plot to wage war against each other regardless of laws, it has become much harder to keep them under your thumb, as they can grow their demense regardless of how much authority you have.

garbon

Anyone with LoR, how is it going? When I'm reading around on the forums, I'm wondering if p'dox isn't introducing more bugs (like lieges always imprisoning powerful faction heads without cause) while adding new features.  Is that the case or is the DLC worth getting (and not trouble making)? :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

I am playing CK2+ with LoR and started with the The Alexiad start date (1081?) trying to restore the empire.

My Komnenian dynasty consists only of geniuses and those that aren't geniuses I can just kidnap and blind (why can I just do that to my son anyway?). Seems a bit easy to just pick a perfect successor that way.

Retinues seem to be ridiculously powerful. You have thousands of premobilized troops that can be right next to your victim when you declare war. And having thousands of heavy cavalry means that you will usually win against all opponents.

Whenever the Sultanate of Rum had internal troubles or their big brother in Persia was busy somewhere else, I reconquered a bit of Anatolia. I also destroyed the Fatimids early as they were quite weak (having lost all of the Levante to the Seljuks) and then went on to conquer the rest of the provinces I need for restoration of the empire. I currently miss Croatia (easy), Ferrara, Jerusalem and Antiochia (owned by HRE and Seljuks).

The mission to mend the schism seems fairly easy as far as the locations go, but you need 3000 piety. I am not sure how you should get that as ERE.

I pressed a weak claim on France for one of my kinsmen. Having France as vassal is very convenient as you can just insta-mobilize a 10000 men army. :)

Tamas

is it true that AI lieges just imprison strong faction members even without a valid reason thus trashing vassal opinion on them? I have my doubts, as the HRE, Byzantium, and Fatimids are as stable as ever, doesn't seem like they are getting -40 relation hits accross the board every two months.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on November 05, 2012, 03:15:08 PM
is it true that AI lieges just imprison strong faction members even without a valid reason thus trashing vassal opinion on them? I have my doubts, as the HRE, Byzantium, and Fatimids are as stable as ever, doesn't seem like they are getting -40 relation hits accross the board every two months.

Yeah that was my question. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2012, 03:16:11 PM

ah right :D

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on November 04, 2012, 02:12:37 PM
I am playing CK2+ with LoR and started with the The Alexiad start date (1081?) trying to restore the empire.

My Komnenian dynasty consists only of geniuses and those that aren't geniuses I can just kidnap and blind (why can I just do that to my son anyway?). Seems a bit easy to just pick a perfect successor that way.

Retinues seem to be ridiculously powerful. You have thousands of premobilized troops that can be right next to your victim when you declare war. And having thousands of heavy cavalry means that you will usually win against all opponents.

Whenever the Sultanate of Rum had internal troubles or their big brother in Persia was busy somewhere else, I reconquered a bit of Anatolia. I also destroyed the Fatimids early as they were quite weak (having lost all of the Levante to the Seljuks) and then went on to conquer the rest of the provinces I need for restoration of the empire. I currently miss Croatia (easy), Ferrara, Jerusalem and Antiochia (owned by HRE and Seljuks).

The mission to mend the schism seems fairly easy as far as the locations go, but you need 3000 piety. I am not sure how you should get that as ERE.

I pressed a weak claim on France for one of my kinsmen. Having France as vassal is very convenient as you can just insta-mobilize a 10000 men army. :)

This is sort of depressing to hear.  I did a start in 1081 as the Byzantines and had a long, fun, and pretty ferocious struggle with the Rumites.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on November 05, 2012, 03:38:38 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2012, 03:16:11 PM

ah right :D

Well must of been an issue as they confirmed it has been fixed for 1.08.

garbon

There's a discussion thread about creating a My Little Pony mod.

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on November 06, 2012, 05:48:13 PM

:bleeding:

Ed Anger

I better keep my kids away from my steam account then.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on November 06, 2012, 05:48:13 PM

I vote to combine that with the Aztec invasion and blood sacrifice DLC.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

QuoteI hope you guys go the "Equestria is an island somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean" route just so I can put Ponies and Touhous in the same mod and watch them fight.