News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

WTF? Why aren't they focusing on basic things like getting Fatimids not to run around like crazy in vanilla?  I guess their good run could only go so far.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Count

I think it's cool, it's like that old Orson Scott Card book Pastwatch
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

garbon

Actually I've noticed that they said it isn't affecting any of their other DLC efforts, yeah okay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Count on October 31, 2012, 10:19:57 AM
I think it's cool, it's like that old Orson Scott Card book Pastwatch

There's already enough oddness going on with the vanilla game. No need to take extra efforts to make it fantasy. :D

FunkMonk

Incan torpedo boats incoming
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

Well, I like it. It's so preposterous an idea, it's full of win on so many levels. I can already see the mods replacing it by Martians or Cthulhu waking up.

Plus human sacrifices, man. It will be pagan mods five minutes after the DLC gets out.

Seriously, it's only five bucks and Doomdark assured that it did not take any resource away from major DLCs. It's a fantasy what-if scenario, made as much in good fun than for trolling on their customer base. Don't like it, don't buy it, move on.

Tamas

Yeah right the cool guys like stuff like this. They can show how they are not square.

I won't lose any sleep over this, I will just simply not buy it, but "no extra resources used on it" is a ridiculous line. How about the guy working on it start tweaking the Fatimids? Maybe?

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Drakken

1.08 is scheduled to be out very soon, maybe the Fatimids are already to be tweaked.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on October 31, 2012, 10:40:37 AM
I won't lose any sleep over this, I will just simply not buy it, but "no extra resources used on it" is a ridiculous line. How about the guy working on it start tweaking the Fatimids? Maybe?

Yep and even if not that, they could have allocated those resources to cool things that happened in period - not this.

Fireblade

garbon

Tamas

no there is a petition for a Cthulhu DLC  :lol:

I don't think Paradox realized just what a major punch to their game's prestige this DLC is.

EDIT: what a major punch to the stomach of their game's prestige the DLC is. I was in a hurry :P

Faeelin

I mean, what I really don't get about this is that combat is the least fun part of CK2, at least to me. So why bother?