News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote- Muslim Jihads no longer possible before 1187

That seems like a big deal.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on October 22, 2012, 11:27:05 AM
Quote- Muslim Jihads no longer possible before 1187

That seems like a big deal.

Yes, though I'm not sure why they didn't do what CK2+ did

Quote- Jihads now once again work like Crusades, but with two differences: The AI is sharply limited in where it will call a Jihad (preferring using them against neighbours or as a countermeasure against Crusader states) and the top contributor will always hold on to the lands taken in a Jihad, rather than creating a new independent state.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

BEST. BUG. EVER.

Quote- William the Conquerer no longer set as mother of three Breton characters

:lol:

Queequeg

Quote from: Faeelin on October 21, 2012, 01:31:55 PM
What do you do?

I will say the Byzantine music is wonderful.
What's it like?  Choral?  I've never listened to any of the CK2 soundtrack.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Fate

Quote from: Drakken on October 21, 2012, 11:29:01 AM
I don't know why people complain about the factions system, I can manage it fine. And I play with France, with super-vassals that could destroy me and take my crown any time they want.

I think they just have the wrong implementation. Instead of making Independence the most common eventuality of the faction system, it should be a civil war to institute a new ruling family. Let's say half your empire joins the Indepenedence faction. If they win now there are a ton of independent duchies/counties. It just doesn't seem to make sense. The AI should try to form a contiguous splinter kingdom instead of turning the map into a balkanized mess.

Martinus

In my experience, Independence is the rarest form of Faction (and definitely the least popular among hangers-on).

When I played as France, lowering the Crown Authority and changing succession law seemed to be the big two. And when the King actually pissed off the entire realm by getting himself Excommunicated, the Dukes ran a succesful civil war to replace him with another claimant.

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on October 24, 2012, 09:50:49 AM
In my experience, Independence is the rarest form of Faction (and definitely the least popular among hangers-on).
If you play in the HRE, the Burgundian and Italian parts will immediately form an independence faction every game.

Fate

Independence is the only faction that seems to trigger for me when playing as the Byzantines. Especially with those guys you'd figure the dominant faction should push for regime change rather than independence.

Alcibiades

Are friends and rivals gone?  don't seem to have the events and its not on my character screens, am I missing it?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 24, 2012, 02:06:30 PM
Are friends and rivals gone?  don't seem to have the events and its not on my character screens, am I missing it?

CK2 doesn't have those.  It added a lover option but you can only see who someone's lover is via tooltips.

Alcibiades

Guess I played the ole one too much.   :hmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

There might be a few events that speak about a bitter enemy or something but as far as I know there isn't any real system for it.  That Game of Thrones mod added rivals and added a decision you can click on in plots window to see your rivals.