News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

:lol:

Tuesday 9AM CET if they keep to their usual schedule.

Or maybe the Islam DLC came out on a Wednesday?  :hmm:

Fireblade

Well, Paradox didn't release their patch notes today. I guess I'll have to begin masturbating at work tomorrow.

Martinus

It's out! And I'm at work... :(

Tamas

The patch isn't out yet. Maybe they are waiting for the Steam release?

Martinus

Do you need the patch to play the DLC? Or does the DLC also include the patch?

Either way, I'm completely switched to gamersgate now (had to repurchase the previous content I got from Steam but it's not that expensive) and pretty happy about it.

There are five new DLCs on Gamersgate right now. Besides the Legacy of Rome, there is a Byzantine music one, a Byzantine units one, an African portraits one and a one with new dynastic shields.

I gotta say I like Paradox's approach to things - if you buy all new stuff (which I am going to do), it adds up to 13 euro which is a decent price for a new expansion pack. But you are also free to pick and choose stuff you like.

Martinus

By the way, I hope they change the graphics of blinded people to an eye-band/patch as these gaping eye sockets look creepy.

Tamas

some of the stuff:

Quote- Faction System
- Characters can have both a Plot and an Ambition
- Retinue System support for the Legacy of Rome DLC
- Orthodox and related religions have Autocephalous Patriarchs and the Pentarchy
- Rebalanced Combat, with more focus on leaders and their traits. More leader traits.
- Liege levies. You only raise levies from your direct vassals, and they are not directly connected to Holdings.
- A number of self improvement Ambitions for characters
- New religions: Miaphysite, Nestorian, Monothelite
- Two new Bookmarks: The Alexiad and The Latin Empire
- AI: Improved military AI
- Made the Seljuks pre-mobilized in 1066, like the English contenders
- Added "Foreign Conqueror" opinion modifier
-Crushing a major revolt now gives all direct vassal rulers a +25 opinion modifier of you for 10 years
-When you White Peace revolters, they now get a 'Spared after Rebellion' opinion modifier of you, +25 for 10 years
- AI: Vassals will no longer spontaneously declare war on their liege to depose him or take a title off him (these things are now faction based.) The only time they might declare war on their own is to create a succession crisis.

*FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP*

Razgovory

I'll buy Crusader Kings and it's expansions next month.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Octavian

Quote from: Razgovory on October 16, 2012, 04:03:56 AM

In my opinion it's the best game Paradox has ever made.

Fun, lots of content and a map that not only doesn't suck but is actually pretty.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Martinus

- The liege is now imprisoned when losing his or her primary title in a claimant war
- The loser in an invasion CB is now imprisoned by the winner if he becomes a vassal of the winner

Fun.  :ph34r:

Martinus

- Crushing a major revolt now gives all direct vassal rulers a +25 opinion modifier of you for 10 years
- When you White Peace revolters, they now get a 'Spared after Rebellion' opinion modifier of you, +25 for 10 years

No more whackamole.

sbr

What comes in the dlc that I wouldn't get in the free patch?

garbon

Quote from: sbr on October 16, 2012, 08:17:10 AM

The alt-history Byzantine stuff.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Octavian

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2012, 09:13:33 AM
Quote from: sbr on October 16, 2012, 08:17:10 AM

The alt-history Byzantine stuff.

Plus the new retinue system
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on October 16, 2012, 04:03:56 AM

Steam winter sale. Smart lad.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive