And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Octavian on July 18, 2012, 03:07:24 AM
Are you guys using any mods?

I'm using CK2+, but I tweaked it to put back in the health penalty for being in the oubliette.

I'm planning on checking out the CK2+ & GoT combo-mod.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Martinus

The ones I used before were:
- Better rebels (you don't get rebels raising as armies, but as a debuff to provinces which gets worse in time but you remove it via event if you send the Marshall there to supress rebellion) - this reduces the micromanaging a lot,
- Abdication mod,
- improved HRE mod (where the Holy Roman Emperor gets an option to ask the Pope to crown him - which makes his rule much more secure but without that he has much less authority etc.)

I am going to check any new ones.

I dislike massive changes mods as they are usually pretty arbitrary/championing the author's pet cause/theory.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on July 18, 2012, 08:37:25 AM
I dislike massive changes mods as they are usually pretty arbitrary/championing the author's pet cause/theory.

Yeah that's my other big problem. I'd prefer given how modular CK is - if mods were available piecemeal so that you could easily mix and match.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on July 18, 2012, 08:37:25 AM

The Byzantine Empire gets flame throwers...GREEK FIRE MAN IT IS HISTORICAL!!11
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

abdication ey...that sounds a bit gamey to me. If there's one thing that can be said about mad,old, incompetant kings its that they rarely realise how man, old and incompetant they are.

I tried the Game of Thrones mod today.
Seems pretty well developed.
██████
██████
██████

Octavian

Playing a game as Apulia/Sicily with CK+. It's 1095 and I like how the world looks. The byzantines have lost Armenia, part of anatolia and all of Syria. Alexios Cumonus gained the throne (after some civil wars) sometime in the 80'ties but is now a prisoner of some Emir. Alp Asslan lost his throne to a new dynasty of turkmen. Right now the Baghdad Caliph has called for a Jihad against Nicaea

All the christian realms are still going strong in Spain not having lost nor gained lands except for Aragon who joined with Barcelona and have taken some provinces from the Muslims.

HRE have been plaque by several civil wars. Several lords have become independent although the emperor is slowly regaining them.

Heinrich IV eventually lost his throne to his son when he became a lollard.

William the bastard (and Norway) failed in gaining England. She is going strong and has been very stable. William instead led a revolt against Philippe (a homosexual) of France in order to depose him. Anjou, Flanders and Aquitaine supported him. They succeeded and Hugh II Capet now rules France.

The Almoravids now controls southern Spain and large parts of north Africa....   :ph34r:
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Solmyr

garbon

Probably easiest if you look up the thread for that mod. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

The implied question was: Is it any good? :P

I tried playing with Balansegang and Domini et Terras, plus the mod that increases effects of martial skill (Lupus Agnum) and another that adds a bunch of other ambitions. Unfortunately, something in there broke the Pope, who was not listed as head of Catholic religion.

Octavian

Quote from: Solmyr on July 21, 2012, 03:23:16 PM
The implied question was: Is it any good? :P

I tried playing with Balansegang and Domini et Terras, plus the mod that increases effects of martial skill (Lupus Agnum) and another that adds a bunch of other ambitions. Unfortunately, something in there broke the Pope, who was not listed as head of Catholic religion.

So far I like it. But I don't really know if the world I see in my game is because of the mod, the patch or just random.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Octavian

Quote from: Octavian on July 21, 2012, 09:42:08 AM
Playing a game as Apulia/Sicily with CK+. It's 1095 and I like how the world looks. The byzantines have lost Armenia, part of anatolia and all of Syria. Alexios Cumonus gained the throne (after some civil wars) sometime in the 80'ties but is now a prisoner of some Emir. Alp Asslan lost his throne to a new dynasty of turkmen. Right now the Baghdad Caliph has called for a Jihad against Nicaea

All the christian realms are still going strong in Spain not having lost nor gained lands except for Aragon who joined with Barcelona and have taken some provinces from the Muslims.

HRE have been plaque by several civil wars. Several lords have become independent although the emperor is slowly regaining them.

Heinrich IV eventually lost his throne to his son when he became a lollard.

William the bastard (and Norway) failed in gaining England. She is going strong and has been very stable. William instead led a revolt against Philippe (a homosexual) of France in order to depose him. Anjou, Flanders and Aquitaine supported him. They succeeded and Hugh II Capet now rules France.

The Almoravids now controls southern Spain and large parts of north Africa....   :ph34r:

Well the Muslims managed to take Nicaea. All of western and central Anatolia is now the independent Sultanate of Nicaea. The rest belongs to the Turkmens of Persia. Only Armenia minor and Abydos province are controlled by the Byzantines. The still have all of their European provinces. Alexius remains a prisoner in Muscat. The real ruler is the regent Magistos Something Something of Armenia Minor.

There was a crusade for Jerusalem at one point but it ended quickly. I think the pope became a prisoner. Right now he is busy fighting the Pisans who became independent at the beginning of the game during the first Italian war.

Galicia was finally taken by Leon. I aided Leon late in the war by joining it and sending 1000 men. The Almoravids continue to scare me

- Eyal Yanilov.

- Bruce Lee

Solmyr

I tried playing CK2+ as Tuscany. There was a successful crusade for Jerusalem which France won, and a random Capet country cousin took over (screwing up the dynasty tree somewhat). Wonder if it's possible to give it to an existing member of the dynasty instead. There was a successful jihad for Nicaea too. Oh, and HRE military capabilities are decreased, which I like - when there were independence wars, the Emperor sent about 4k around the map at most, instead of 12k like in vanilla.

Octavian

Quote from: Solmyr on July 22, 2012, 04:56:34 AM
I tried playing CK2+ as Tuscany. There was a successful crusade for Jerusalem which France won, and a random Capet country cousin took over (screwing up the dynasty tree somewhat). Wonder if it's possible to give it to an existing member of the dynasty instead. There was a successful jihad for Nicaea too. Oh, and HRE military capabilities are decreased, which I like - when there were independence wars, the Emperor sent about 4k around the map at most, instead of 12k like in vanilla.

Yeah the HRE are definitely weaker without being to weak. He's still a formidable opponent if you go against him alone.

- Eyal Yanilov.

- Bruce Lee

HisMajestyBOB

I'm playing a game in CK2+ as Savoy, but all the interesting things are happening elsewhere: the Spanish kingdoms survived (with Castille inheriting Aragon and Portucale) and all converted to Catharism. Apulia, meanwhile, conquered most of Sicily and converted to Fraticelli. The HRE owns a single barony in the south of France (but the province itself still belongs to France, since they own the capital barony), and the Pope owns a single bishophric in northern England (again, England owns the barony and the province).

My duchess's son is in line to inherit Lombardia, so I should form the northern Italian kingdom eventually. If only I could get my dynasty to become Italian, not Frankish.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Solmyr

Continued my game as Tuscany. I've finally got my independence after the HRE got excommunicated and attacked by everyone. I've also gathered up the counties around me and now control the duchies of Ferrara and Ancona (Modena was already mine). The Pope usurped the Duchy of Spoleto from me but we've been friendly otherwise and I still hold the county. My neighbor Lombardy has also managed to become independent some time after me and now I'm eyeing it greedily. My other major neighbor Pisa is growing rather powerful, they've annexed Provence and half of southern Italy. I'll have to do something against them but they can raise quite a lot of troops. Luckily the Doge just got excommunicated so I might be able to snip something from him.

Meanwhile, my vassals rebelled occasionally but without success. At one point I had almost all my counts in prison. The funniest event was after the latest rebellion, after the child Countess of Lucca, who was betrothed to my son and heir, joined a rebellion against me. After crushing it I've become her guardian and imprisoned her - not sure yet if I'll break the betrothal as this situation feels rather flavorful. :menace: