News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

hah, I was wrong! With great sacrifice and release of unruly vassals from prison (which is bound to bite back I am sure), I managed to switch to Seniority and that looks to have saved the dynasty: the count of Eu line is alive and well!

Duchy of Seville, btw, got under HRE control due to my brother's grandchild being a HRE noble. Damn

Ed Anger

I hope you annihilated that Greek fuckers family, root and branch. They send one of yours to the morgue, you send all of theirs to the morgue.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on July 08, 2012, 09:24:30 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2012, 07:58:07 PM
Christians have had invasion CBs since the beginning (it's the Bastard's war is). You have to get permission from the Pope.

You can only invade a nation larger than you, right?

I believe it is based on demesne - you can invade a kingdom if its ruler has a larger personal demesne than your own.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

You gotta love Paradox games:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?619788-Mass-Muslim-Lesbian-Suicide

Apparently, when you play a Muslim and have two or more lesbian wives, they fall in love with each other and start to fuck. You can then either turn a blind eye or execute them (or force them to commit suicide).

Only in a Paradox game...  :lmfao:

Solmyr

Well those harem girls had to do something with all their time.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

I had that happen in my game. Of course, it was bugged and the event kept triggering. Dead Lesbians run off over and over again.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Queequeg

I really hope the next DLC is combined trade-republics-naval combat.  The lack of a trade economy is really hurting the game. 

Take my latest game as Lithuania-Ruthenia.  Started as Galich, conquered Moldavia, Lithuania and the Baltics.  I'm a direct commercial link between the future Hansa cities and Byzantium.  And I just inherited the throne of Poland from my mother Swiatoslava (or something) the Great.  I should be shitting ambergris.  Memel should have been colonized almost instantly by Russian traders.  Instead, all of the Baltic coast is still a pagan shithole, and Belgorod is languishing a technologically backwards Vlach city. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

in a 100 years you have more money you can spend anyway. Last thing we need is more money.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on July 12, 2012, 12:21:26 PM
in a 100 years you have more money you can spend anyway. Last thing we need is more money.

Agreed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I really like the new assassination plots with their own events, and weak claims. It makes the game much more roleplaying-like.

I started a new game as a Count of Vermandois of the Carolingian line.

Through plotting, I managed to orchestrate the assassination of my father in law (took me four botched attempts - one with poisonous wine, one with a faulty balcony railing, one with a hunting accident - finally, what got him was being shot on the road by a unit of bowmen - I guess I don't do subtle :D - of course by that time he and his family hated my guts, as some co-conspirator always croaked), and then my brother-in-law (his wife, who also was his spymaster, joined my plot - I guess he was shitty in bed) count of Vexin and Amiens, and march into his female heir's lands, pressing the weak claims for my wife.

When I was trying to find a way to secure all my counties going to a single heir (having Gavelkind and not willing to switch to Elective), my Count got assassinated during a road trip, by staying at an inn that got blown up (IT'S A TRAP!). It turned out the culprit was his possessed first born, Herbert, who I earlier imprisoned for plotting and who just wanted to speed up his inheritance, I guess. As he started his reign as a possessed kinslayer (and also married to the daughter of the Duke of Burgundy, with his own daughter betrothed to the young King of France), I decided to roll with it.

But that left Amiens and Vexin in the hands of his younger brothers, both unmarried children. So again, the armies of Vermandois marched into their lands - the first brother grew of age during the war and managed to call up his rag tag armies - he died during the battle, leaving his lands to me. The second brother choked on his oatmeal.

That left the possessions of the Carolingian line firmly in Herbert the Devil's hands - but he did not live long to enjoy it, as he himself plunged to his doom while leaning on a faulty railing in his castle (turns out this was his uncle, the Spymaster of Vermandois). The uncle promptly took regency of Herbert's only heir, a girl of 10, betrothed to the underage King of France (guess I will have to break that)... only to be assassinated in a plot of the new Countess's mother, who took over the Regency.

I'm loving it. :D

jimmy olsen

After a couple of months of being burned out, I fired this back up. Tried to buy a bunch of DLC and was denied. No doubt because of the IP address issue. The automatic system that deals with that must reset every couple of months. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

What are the relative advantages of creating a title versus letting it become part of an existing title? I just inherited Poland, and I am considering destroying the title so no one could aspire to take it from me.  #polackproblems

jimmy olsen

My first impression of the 1.6/The Sword of Islam is that the Muslims in the East are much stronger now.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Queequeg on July 14, 2012, 08:20:17 PM
What are the relative advantages of creating a title versus letting it become part of an existing title? I just inherited Poland, and I am considering destroying the title so no one could aspire to take it from me.  #polackproblems

If you are not an emperor, none that I can think of (unless you want for some reason to have two separate sets of laws for two parts of your realm), except for the extra prestige. That's why it is not a neutral decision, as destroying a title costs prestige and pisses your vassals off immensely. Plus I think that if you destroy a title someone can create this and it's easier than usurping it (unless I'm wrong anyone with a claim on a non-existant title can create it?)