News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

When I've seen the Fatimids pound on Seljuks, it is generally because the Seljuks are already so internally weak.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Cecil

2 out of 3 1.06 games the fatimids have Jihad the Bagdad area before the Seljuk-BYzantine war ends. The last soon after and that was because there was an early white peace. These Shia/Sunni holy war CBs seem like a bad idea or the piety costs needs to be scaled upwards something fierce.

And seriously even when I played the Byzantines and thus scaled them back they could still raise 65 thousand levies. I mean WTF?

garbon

Oh I'm not disagreeing that Fatimids are overpowered. They certainly are.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Also AI needs some help. Pope declared 2nd crusade for Sicily on me with both the Templars and Knights joining in.  Had some concerns that I was going to lose that kingdom when I saw 25,000 troops coming at me...however, the AI decided it would be a good idea to have the Holy Orders attach themselves to the Papal doomstack.  They sat around suffering attrition while I had 2 forces besieging the Papal states and another force that would sneak in every time the the crusaders would leave a province that they'd fully conquered.  I think they still had 17k troops when I forced a white peace with 75% warscore.

Faeelin

I'm glad whining about Spain got them help and the Byzantines continue to be curb stompers. Ah well.

Josquius

Is the patch saved game compatible?

I had the importal Sejuiks finally fall in my came, some no name dynasty with no history somehow toppled them.
The empire of course remained largely intact.
██████
██████
██████

katmai

So is the DLC with the Mooselimbs worth it?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on July 05, 2012, 07:03:18 PM
So is the DLC with the Mooselimbs worth it?

I'm enjoying it. Ran into one irritating bug, don't know if it is fixed in the latest patch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on July 05, 2012, 07:05:43 PM
Lesbian Zombies FTW!

I think they watched too much Thelma & Louise in Sweden.

Ed Anger

The Fatimids are hideously overpowered in the 1066 start also.

Grallon

My (and APG's) very own Magnate Lords, a building and economy overhaul mod for CKII is up - for all those interested.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?612028-MOD-Magnate-Lords

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Maybe if the mod didn't include swearing. :angry:

Tamas

I am getting the feeling that the game basically comes down as a HRE-Fatimid conflict, due to the massive OPness of these two, with the medium powers perhaps getting a say if the cards are right.

Fatimids and the Emperor must be nerfed

Martinus

So I got all the new DLCs and thinking of starting a new game, but probably as a Christian power, nonetheless.

So my question is: does any Christian country in Iberia have a surviving chance? I have always been fond of Barcelona, so thinking as starting as the Count ("Duke") of Barcelona, and either expanding into Iberia (with the ultimate goal of becoming Emperor of Spain) or into Western Med, and perhaps founding the Kingdom of Trinacria.