News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on June 30, 2012, 08:31:52 PM
QuoteYou put in India, they got to put in South east Asia, you put in south east Asia, you have to put in china, you put in china you have to have Japan.
I don't think this is true.  You'd have to include the Kara Khitan Khanate, but direct Chinese Imperial presence in Central Asia during this period wasn't that great.  I don't think you would have to include all of South-East Asia, either, this period was mostly defined by Turkic conquest of India and the Middle-East, and by this time most of the involved Turkic peoples had already moved out of the Mongolian Steppe.  I think it is doable.

Just out of curiosity, how many languages do you know now?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on July 01, 2012, 10:56:58 PM
Quote from: Drakken on July 01, 2012, 04:16:57 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 01, 2012, 01:03:24 PM
I hate those auto-peace things when you're at 100% score (on the defeated side). I will decide when it's time to peace, not some computer.

Then the player would never seek peace and keep fighting on and on and on and on.

Exactly. That'd be pretty gamey.

Yeah.  I wish this sort of thing existed in EU3 and such to force the player to give up at some point.  There should be a line that would force the player's government/ruler to give up at some point or be completely overthrown.  Total war in anything but the WWI/II period is just silly, and even those had their limits.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

After gaining kingdom of Andalusia from me, the Emperor gave most of its counties to counts, but didn't bother with usurping the applicable dukal titles.

Said counts rebelled away when the HRE was in a shitty period, and me and Mauritania cherry-picked some of them before the HRE juggernaut arrived to beat the rest to the ground.

But, the HRE shitty period intensified, so I felt confindent enough to Invade back my kingdom. Which I did.

Then my northern Muslim neighbor invaded Kingdom of Aragon, and I felt compelled to help him, as that would had removed the HRE from Hispania. But we failed, and by now almost all of my northern neighbor is conquered by HRE, so I am in trouble. Altough I can muster around 50k troops when my vassals feel like it.

otherwise, I must say in mid 1200s I find the map sufficiently divided. King of Bohemia inherited Galich early on and was a HRE vassal so HRE was HUGE, but later King of Croatia (IIRC a  HRE vassal at that time for some reason) inherited the Bohemian crown with Galich, and recently, I don't know how, successfuly split away from the HRE and now a big kingdom separated in 3 different smallish parts.
A large portion of Italy is in the hands of independent republics. Muslim Armenia formed in mid- or late 1100s.
Neatly, country naming appears to be linked to culture not religion, because that kingdom was running under its Musselmen name until a Muslim Armenian took over, it's been named Armenia since. The muslim areas south of it are quite divided, but the Il Khanate is moving through them now, albeit slowly.
I'll show you a screenshot if I'll remember to take one.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on July 02, 2012, 01:54:48 AM
Neatly, country naming appears to be linked to culture not religion, because that kingdom was running under its Musselmen name until a Muslim Armenian took over, it's been named Armenia since. The muslim areas south of it are quite divided, but the Il Khanate is moving through them now, albeit slowly.

This has always been a case to a degree. E.g. only Muslims could form Kindgom of Andalusia and only Christians could form Kingdom of Galicia etc.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2012, 04:08:01 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 02, 2012, 01:54:48 AM

This has always been a case to a degree. E.g. only Muslims could form Kindgom of Andalusia and only Christians could form Kingdom of Galicia etc.

What I meant is that kingdom of Armenia was running under it's muslim ruling dynasty name as far as I could tell. But once an Armenian with muslim religion took over, it got renamed Armenia. Which is neat.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on July 02, 2012, 04:10:28 AM
What I meant is that kingdom of Armenia was running under it's muslim ruling dynasty name as far as I could tell. But once an Armenian with muslim religion took over, it got renamed Armenia. Which is neat.

Yeah they said it was a culture related thing. Otherwise you end up with a weird situation for the Il-Khans/Golden Horde if they convert.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

This is rather odd...

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?617949-Saga-Kings-Rise-of-%FEe-Angelcynn

QuoteThis is a personal mod project of mine, which I've no intention of officially releasing. However, seeing as a fair few people have been discussing Anglo-Saxon England mods, I thought I might start a thread to share my work. As I said, I'm not planning to release the mod; it's really just for my girlfriend and I to play. However, I'm more than happy to release the source files for anyone that'd like them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Is there any reason for the Fatimid Caliphate not to keep the Mamluks mobilized indefinitely and constantly attacking someone with them? They seem to be outrageously cheap for their capabilities.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zanza on July 03, 2012, 01:44:30 PM
Is there any reason for the Fatimid Caliphate not to keep the Mamluks mobilized indefinitely and constantly attacking someone with them? They seem to be outrageously cheap for their capabilities.

Only when every vassal is rebelling, they become a drain.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Drakken on June 30, 2012, 10:22:56 PM
I converted my Emir to the Yazidi heresy by clicking the wrong button. I decided to go fully behind it and convert everyone to the True Faith(tm) by the sword.  :nelson:
What is the Yazidi heresy?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Octavian

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 03, 2012, 11:44:21 PM
I converted my Emir to the Yazidi heresy by clicking the wrong button. I decided to go fully behind it and convert everyone to the True Faith(tm) by the sword.  :nelson:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Yazidi+heresy
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Octavian on July 04, 2012, 02:01:18 AM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Yazidi+heresy
I was hoping for a lengthy Spellus response.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

A mystical Kurdish sect, combining elements of Sufi Islam and Zoroastrianism, somewhat similar in its belief to gnostics. The central revered figure is similar to Lucipher in Judeochristian religions, being the first of archangels who refused to submit to Adam. To the Muslim mainstream, they were the Muslim equivalent of Satanists.

Tamas

There is a new patch.

They allegedly buffed the tech and wealth of Christian Iberia, and gave the Seljuks 0% starting decadence, so they don't fall into tiny pieces 5 minutes into the game.

Cecil

Funny thing about the Seljuks is that their problems has less to do with internal weakness or Byzantine strength. Real problem is the Fatimids who are so hilariously OP they go around curbstomping everyone in their general area which unfortunately includes the Seljuks. And "their general area" tends to be pretty frickin big considering even when I managed to weaken them they still managed to win a Jihad for Aragon in less than 12 months against fucking France who hadnt fallen to pieces and was stronger than usual.  <_<