News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 02:45:24 PM
QuoteIs this some attempt at political correctness, ahistorically buffing the Muslim Seljuks and nerfing the Christian Greeks? This is just nuts.

I weep.

Literally the worst soruce! What about stormfront!

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on June 29, 2012, 06:29:55 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 02:45:24 PM
QuoteIs this some attempt at political correctness, ahistorically buffing the Muslim Seljuks and nerfing the Christian Greeks? This is just nuts.

I weep.

Literally the worst soruce! What about stormfront!

I'm just glad someone isn't afraid to take you to task about your posting style. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I have to say I was very tempted to start my game last in the century too so as to give us a weakened Byzantium. Trouble is it tends to give an uber sejuiks....which...is kind of even worse.

Definitely true on the christians leaving byzantines alone thing...maybe we need some events where the pope gets prissy about the byzantines? A bit ahistorical for quite why the Byzantines were attacked but then we can't really do it properly with the way the game works.
██████
██████
██████

Drakken

Quote from: PRC on June 29, 2012, 10:18:02 AM
I went to start a new 1066 game with SoI last night but I couldn't decide who to start as.  None of the Muslim rulers really intrigued me.

I'm having loads of fun as the Emirate of Granada.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 09:22:31 AM
Also it does seem that they need to work on getting the Muslim AI to actually care about decadence (i.e. know how to prevent it from increasing). Hard to see the Byzantines crushed when the Seljuks are on quick auto-collapse. :(
As Armenia, I got really tired of having to deal with a Seljuk Empire that is effectively eternal, with a long line of Brilliant Strategist Sultans.  These polities naturally fell apart. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

I don't know, man. African gold did play a major role in the Almovarid and Almohad empires, who are actually a big part of the game. India? Eh...
The Ghorids and Ghaznavids are in the game, and completely hobbled by their inability to expand east.  Also, wealth from sacked Hindu temples was hugely important in contemporary Muslim economies.  It was one of the greatest wealth transfers of all time. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

You put in India, they got to put in South east Asia, you put in south east Asia, you have to put in china, you put in china you have to have Japan.  Next thing you know there are Samaruri running round Germany.

This is one game I still haven bought yet.  Everyone seems to like it though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 11:49:01 PM
I'm just glad someone isn't afraid to take you to task about your posting style. :D

In my defense, they are idiots.

Queequeg

QuoteYou put in India, they got to put in South east Asia, you put in south east Asia, you have to put in china, you put in china you have to have Japan.
I don't think this is true.  You'd have to include the Kara Khitan Khanate, but direct Chinese Imperial presence in Central Asia during this period wasn't that great.  I don't think you would have to include all of South-East Asia, either, this period was mostly defined by Turkic conquest of India and the Middle-East, and by this time most of the involved Turkic peoples had already moved out of the Mongolian Steppe.  I think it is doable. 

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on June 30, 2012, 02:41:12 PM
The Ghorids and Ghaznavids are in the game, and completely hobbled by their inability to expand east.  Also, wealth from sacked Hindu temples was hugely important in contemporary Muslim economies.  It was one of the greatest wealth transfers of all time. 

That was one of my concerns about adding in the Muslims.  The map is designed for this to be a Catholic Europe based game. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

I converted my Emir to the Yazidi heresy by clicking the wrong button. I decided to go fully behind it and convert everyone to the True Faith(tm) by the sword.  :nelson:

Tamas

Being on the pointy end of a Crusade sucks.

I have been playing in Spain as a muslim. I already repelled two crusades. For the first I needed my neighbors' help, the second I repulsed myself (with a lot of mercenaries).

Now, I was the dominating force in Hispania, with the Mauritanians holding the southern edge, a north african muslim duke holdin the areas bordering Navarra (I helped him gain independence from Mauritania), and the HRE holding the Aragonese coast.

That's when the Pope called a crusade for the Kingdom of Andalusia. My neighbors, whom I warred recently, did not feel like helping, and altough I defeated several uberstacks with my own uberstack, the 12-18k stacks of the HRE just kept coming and coming and coming. Plus the other crusaders. And the holy orders. I couldnt be anywhere, while I kept defeating their main armies, lesser ones kept assaulting my forts and before I knew it, I was at -100% warscore, and like half my kingdom (sorry, sultanate) was ripped away. It doesnt help that OF COURSE, the HRE was the biggest contributor and hence got the whole thing.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on July 01, 2012, 12:22:26 PM
Being on the pointy end of a Crusade sucks.

I have been playing in Spain as a muslim. I already repelled two crusades. For the first I needed my neighbors' help, the second I repulsed myself (with a lot of mercenaries).

Now, I was the dominating force in Hispania, with the Mauritanians holding the southern edge, a north african muslim duke holdin the areas bordering Navarra (I helped him gain independence from Mauritania), and the HRE holding the Aragonese coast.

That's when the Pope called a crusade for the Kingdom of Andalusia. My neighbors, whom I warred recently, did not feel like helping, and altough I defeated several uberstacks with my own uberstack, the 12-18k stacks of the HRE just kept coming and coming and coming. Plus the other crusaders. And the holy orders. I couldnt be anywhere, while I kept defeating their main armies, lesser ones kept assaulting my forts and before I knew it, I was at -100% warscore, and like half my kingdom (sorry, sultanate) was ripped away. It doesnt help that OF COURSE, the HRE was the biggest contributor and hence got the whole thing.

I hate those auto-peace things when you're at 100% score (on the defeated side). I will decide when it's time to peace, not some computer.

Drakken

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 01, 2012, 01:03:24 PM
I hate those auto-peace things when you're at 100% score (on the defeated side). I will decide when it's time to peace, not some computer.

Then the player would never seek peace and keep fighting on and on and on and on.

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on July 01, 2012, 04:16:57 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 01, 2012, 01:03:24 PM

Then the player would never seek peace and keep fighting on and on and on and on.

Exactly. That'd be pretty gamey.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.