News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

My 'Enforce Demands' button issue resolved itself. I'm an idiot.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 11:37:32 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2012, 11:00:56 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 07:51:12 PM
On the east, a Nubian monophysite state still exists between the Fatimids and Abyssinia. The latter of which took out the sultanate in Somali and rules all of Ethiopia.

I've also noticed that the crusades are progressing fairly well with an 80% war score for the Kingdom of Jerusalem.

That a fact?  I always wanted to play the Ethiopians are they viable now?  If so that is fantastic.

Yeah, I'll have to load up a game as an Eastern christian and see what happens. Hopefully not a fluke. :D

In my game as a Muslim, Ethiopia was crushed quickly. Mali still exists but got taken over by Timbuktu.

As the sheik that starts in Palermo formed Sultanate of Sicily. When first ruler died, used my legion of siblings to build alliances with all the nearby Muslim states. Good thing as they were a decent bit of assistance when Pope launched an abortive crusade against me. Now that same Pope has a +45 opinion of me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Also it does seem that they need to work on getting the Muslim AI to actually care about decadence (i.e. know how to prevent it from increasing). Hard to see the Byzantines crushed when the Seljuks are on quick auto-collapse. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2012, 07:45:27 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 28, 2012, 06:49:39 AM
yes. "why is st. peter not in then?"

Because no noble dynasties based their power on blood descent from St. Peter?

Crap.  You made me answer.

Is Jesus in for Merovingians?  :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 09:22:31 AM
Also it does seem that they need to work on getting the Muslim AI to actually care about decadence (i.e. know how to prevent it from increasing). Hard to see the Byzantines crushed when the Seljuks are on quick auto-collapse. :(

This is why I generally start my games 1 Jan 1081.  No super Byzantium making the whole Crusading era unlikely.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on June 29, 2012, 09:26:29 AM

What titles did the Merovingians hold in 1066 exactly?

Besides I think it would have been heretical for them to publicly claim that...and Big Mos descendents are at least historically factual people  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2012, 09:27:36 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 09:22:31 AM

This is why I generally start my games 1 Jan 1081.  No super Byzantium making the whole Crusading era unlikely.

Well I actually haven't seen the Byzantines in either of my 2 games expanding. Almost like they are afraid of the maelstrom that is the Seljuk mess. :D

What is weird though is all the people who either want the Byzantines strengthened or think the balance is great - on the p'dox forums...

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 10:02:04 AM
What is weird though is all the people who either want the Byzantines strengthened or think the balance is great - on the p'dox forums...

I'm trying to change my status over there so I can put

QuoteStop repeating Faeelin's lies.
as my sig.

PRC

I went to start a new 1066 game with SoI last night but I couldn't decide who to start as.  None of the Muslim rulers really intrigued me. 

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2012, 09:28:56 AM

King of the Illuminati.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PRC on June 29, 2012, 10:18:02 AM
I went to start a new 1066 game with SoI last night but I couldn't decide who to start as.  None of the Muslim rulers really intrigued me. 

Start in Spain.

garbon

QuoteIs this some attempt at political correctness, ahistorically buffing the Muslim Seljuks and nerfing the Christian Greeks? This is just nuts.

I weep.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2012, 09:28:56 AM

Le Grand Maitre de la Prieure de Sion.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 02:45:24 PM
QuoteIs this some attempt at political correctness, ahistorically buffing the Muslim Seljuks and nerfing the Christian Greeks? This is just nuts.

I weep.

Huh?  Unless you are a total moron you can easily steer the Byzantines into crushing the Turks.  Unlike History the Christians and Cumans in CK2 leave you alone and your hands are free to defeat your enemies one at a time.  Even Michael Dukas could have won in that situation.  I don't get the Byzanteens.  What do they think the 12th century Byzantine Empire is the 19th Century British Empire or something?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on June 29, 2012, 02:50:12 PM
Le Grand Maitre de la Prieure de Sion.

:lol:

They also need to add occult powers to the Templar Order.