News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I thought he had a stroke.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2012, 01:21:37 PM
I thought he had a stroke.

He had both, though the stroke killed him.  The heart thing merely made him bed ridden.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2012, 10:05:07 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on June 28, 2012, 09:52:47 AM
I don't respect cultures whose capitals are sacked by blind octogenarians.
Isn't that sort of like saying Japan sucks because Tokyo got firebombed by a paralyzed dude with congested heart failure?

As he wasn't actually in one of the bombers, not quite the same thing.

Ed Anger

I've noticed that I now can't enforce my demands on the peace screen. I have to wait until the schlub offers to surrender.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 28, 2012, 01:36:55 PM
I've noticed that I now can't enforce my demands on the peace screen. I have to wait until the schlub offers to surrender.

I could ask for an enforce peace just fine.

Ed Anger

I can't. It hasn't been a problem yet, as the people I'm pulverizing are gnats.

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on June 28, 2012, 01:35:31 PM
As he wasn't actually in one of the bombers, not quite the same thing.

If it had been the Middle Ages they would have wheeled him out to do basically the same thing.  Stand there and say 'get 'im boys'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

The option isn't there? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2012, 02:04:02 PM

The button isn't lit up. Won't let me click it.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 28, 2012, 02:44:30 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2012, 02:04:02 PM

The button isn't lit up. Won't let me click it.

I think you can't select it unless they would agree to make peace.

Sort of like how you can't make marriage offers that wouldn't be accepted.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Giving Sword of Islam a pop- dammit, no marrying 8 year old girls allowed!

And I wish wargoals could be added, sucks you can't use their failed invasion of you and your counter attack to take an enemy's land
██████
██████
██████

Faeelin

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2012, 10:05:07 AM
[Isn't that sort of like saying Japan sucks because Tokyo got firebombed by a paralyzed dude with congested heart failure?

It absolutely did suck in the WW2 era. Observe how its cities got firebombed and nuked while its people starved while the US fought another war on the other side of the planet, and still didn't mobilize anywhere as much as Japan or the USSR had to.

QuoteAnyway claims of Byzantine cultural superiority during most of this era is a little shakey as during the Macedonian and Comnenus Dynasties the place was a thoroughly militarized state of religious fanatics.  It was only later when resistance was futile did they remember they used to be civilized people.

Just FYI, Aquinas is a fanfiction writer.

Josquius

I wish you could play pagans...are there any pagan conversion events? I note the Alans for some reason in my game have gone orthodox
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2012, 05:11:29 PM
Giving Sword of Islam a pop- dammit, no marrying 8 year old girls allowed!

And I wish wargoals could be added, sucks you can't use their failed invasion of you and your counter attack to take an enemy's land

Yes though if that was allowed, lands would change hands in every war (or whatever your aim is about).

garbon

Btw, sort of odd but I played the plot to make the King of France adopt Elective succession.  Event text said he wouldn't forgive me but unfortunately there was no relation modifier so my liege still has positive feelings for me.