News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on June 27, 2012, 08:28:12 PM
Why does he get chaste? An entire Sura is him telling his wives to shut up and that he can fuck whatever Egyptian slave he wants to.

Damn it is good to be the Prophet.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 07:51:12 PM
On the east, a Nubian monophysite state still exists between the Fatimids and Abyssinia. The latter of which took out the sultanate in Somali and rules all of Ethiopia.

I've also noticed that the crusades are progressing fairly well with an 80% war score for the Kingdom of Jerusalem.

That a fact?  I always wanted to play the Ethiopians are they viable now?  If so that is fantastic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2012, 11:00:56 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 07:51:12 PM
On the east, a Nubian monophysite state still exists between the Fatimids and Abyssinia. The latter of which took out the sultanate in Somali and rules all of Ethiopia.

I've also noticed that the crusades are progressing fairly well with an 80% war score for the Kingdom of Jerusalem.

That a fact?  I always wanted to play the Ethiopians are they viable now?  If so that is fantastic.

Yeah, I'll have to load up a game as an Eastern christian and see what happens. Hopefully not a fluke. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Anyone who bothers with the paradox forums; has there been any reaction to Muhammad in the game?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2012, 06:24:27 AM
Anyone who bothers with the paradox forums; has there been any reaction to Muhammad in the game?

yes. "why is st. peter not in then?"

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on June 28, 2012, 06:49:39 AM

Because no noble dynasties based their power on blood descent from St. Peter?

Crap.  You made me answer.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2012, 07:45:27 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 28, 2012, 06:49:39 AM

Because no noble dynasties based their power on blood descent from St. Peter?

Crap.  You made me answer.

:lol:

That forum is a sad, sad place.

Faeelin

I'd just you guys to remember that the western backwaters suck compared to Byzantium.

QuoteAnd while I would vigorously defend the cultural honour of Constantinople, with its schools, baths, water supply, libraries, laws, etc against backward Western Europe, with kings and queens who thought owning 20 books (romances or hours) made them well-read, who lacked running water, threw their filth into the streets with impunity (even if that wasn't the first choice), where there were open sewers, had forgotten the Greek and Roman heritage, I am glad if it has been militarily nerfed.

Fuck this shit.  Thomas Aquinas? Francis Bacon? THEY DIDNT' HAVE A HIPPODROME.

Sheilbh

:bleeding:

My Medieval literature fannishness is coming out.  Don't they know Chanson de Roland, Marie de France, El Cid, Gawain?  :ultra:
Let's bomb Russia!

Faeelin

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 28, 2012, 08:11:14 AM
:bleeding:

My Medieval literature fannishness is coming out.  Don't they know Chanson de Roland, Marie de France, El Cid, Gawain?  :ultra:

Those are just romances. I guess?

But yea, this was when tons of classical works were translated. And the bathing thing is just stupid, since bath houses were very common in medieval Europe..

Oh Good Lord. "Thomas Aquinas was writing fanfic."

garbon

Theology is fanfiction? Interesting. Sounds like a nice motto. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Also, Fae, why you such a byzanphobe? Or whatever the word was that was used? :P

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2012, 09:45:37 AM
Also, Fae, why you such a byzanphobe? Or whatever the word was that was used? :P

I don't respect cultures whose capitals are sacked by blind octogenarians.

I've decided to start calling them Greeks, just to be a dick.

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on June 28, 2012, 08:01:45 AM
Fuck this shit.  Thomas Aquinas? Francis Bacon? THEY DIDNT' HAVE A HIPPODROME.

It is for some reason fashionable whenever you are a fan of someplace in Asia or Eastern Europe to spend all your time pointing out how superior to Western Europe that place was at whatever time it may be justifiable to do so.  It is rather peculiar.  It is like they are trying to win an argument with late 19th century racist historians.  And Niall Ferguson

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on June 28, 2012, 09:52:47 AM
I don't respect cultures whose capitals are sacked by blind octogenarians.

I've decided to start calling them Greeks, just to be a dick.

Isn't that sort of like saying Japan sucks because Tokyo got firebombed by a paralyzed dude with congested heart failure?

Anyway claims of Byzantine cultural superiority during most of this era is a little shakey as during the Macedonian and Comnenus Dynasties the place was a thoroughly militarized state of religious fanatics.  It was only later when resistance was futile did they remember they used to be civilized people.