Fireblade

Quote from: Tyr on June 27, 2012, 08:46:46 AM
:lol:
Took a while to click what that was.
No wives?.....DOUBLE HERESY.

lol, they should have added his 5 year old wife

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on June 27, 2012, 08:11:57 AM
Oh good lord. "I used to be able to exploit mechanics to become a Muslim, but now the game ends. And so if my Muslim liege demands I convert, I either have to end the game or lose to him in a war :(."

Wipe them out. All of them.

That is a pretty dreadful thread. Time for me to stop visiting the CK2 forums. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I have to admit it made me die a bit inside to see those new Timmy-esque Empires they added in the new patch.  Along with new parts of Africa when having Ethiopia was such a failure...eh.

Haven't gotten the Sword of Islam thing though but I really like the more accurately named Islamic states around.  Seeing 'Fatamids' in big letters made me happy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2012, 10:17:49 AM
I have to admit it made me die a bit inside to see those new Timmy-esque Empires they added in the new patch.  Along with new parts of Africa when having Ethiopia was such a failure...eh.

In my first game so far, all of West Africa has been united under the Kingdom of Mali. Doesn't look particularly threatened by the Almoravids.

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2012, 10:17:49 AMHaven't gotten the Sword of Islam thing though but I really like the more accurately named Islamic states around.  Seeing 'Fatamids' in big letters made me happy.

Same. I remember trying to fight against them being renamed Egypt in the CK open beta.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Valmy

Fine.  F-A-T-I-M-I-D-S

FFS
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 10:25:07 AM
In my first game so far, all of West Africa has been united under the Kingdom of Mali. Doesn't look particularly threatened by the Almoravids.

Well it seems to me either they will just sit there doing nothing or give risk free conquests to whomever happens to control the Northwest of Africa.  That does not seem to add much to me.  But I guess being Muslim they cannot do too much damage.  It just strikes me as expanding the map for the sake of expanding the map. 

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2012, 10:39:26 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 10:25:07 AM

Well it seems to me either they will just sit there doing nothing or give risk free conquests to whomever happens to control the Northwest of Africa.  That does not seem to add much to me.  But I guess being Muslim they cannot do too much damage.  It just strikes me as expanding the map for the sake of expanding the map. 

Well as Fae pointed out, they do serve to interact with Almoravids. Might make the later less dangerous than they can become in Spain/North Africa.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 10:53:17 AM
Well as Fae pointed out, they do serve to interact with Almoravids. Might make the later less dangerous than they can become in Spain/North Africa.

Ah yeah?  Hrm...are they really that strong?  I guess Egypt is so rich it can crush the Ethiopians with two hands tied behind its back, but maybe the Almoravids being that much weaker and perhaps the West Africans are a bit more formidable it can serve as a bit of a distraction from Spain.  Well I hope you are right I will keep an open mind about it. 

Tamas

well, I initially though that tihs decadence thing wasnt a big deal - you send the young males to prison and there you go, problem solved. If they flee, all the better.

However I was lucky because my rulers died young and I only had to deal with brothers, whom you can imprison with no reprecussions apart from their parents who of course (the father, who matters) tends to be dead already.

But now I have an old ruler with two sons alive beside the heir, which really isnt that much if you think about it. But with my one-third worth of Spain as realm, I already had to give a count title if I wanted their decadence-raising to be zero.

And decadence affects income and troops morale, and I understand around 100% you get game-overed by some event or whatever.

Martinus

Quote from: Fireblade on June 27, 2012, 08:44:59 AM

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT ISLAM

:D

Is Johann getting fire-bombed?

garbon

QuoteEquating PDox content with fecal matter is absurd. You don't like their business model. Ok, we understand that. You're angry, ok, we understand that. If you continue to post in the same vein, how can we take you seriously? You've said that you're not buying their games any more - that is your right. Perhaps PDox will be sorry to hear that, perhaps not. But please keep it above the belt here - we're all trying to be responsible, fair-minded people. (Trolls excepted - you trolls know who you are)

When I'm sold an 8mb "expansion pack" for $10, that is fecal matter. The content itself is not fecal matter, but the business model is. Apparently you like the taste of fecal matter, or rather can ignore it because of all the other good tasting stuff around it. I, unfortunately, can't ignore it, mainly because I've seen this happen before. They start sneaking in bits of fecal matter into your sandwich, and it keeps getting more and more pronounced, until the entire sandwich is fecal matter. And it's been such a gradual change you don't notice you're eating a fecal sandwich.

Too bad we can say shit here or else we could have fecal sandwiches too...

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2012, 10:57:56 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 10:53:17 AM

Ah yeah?  Hrm...are they really that strong?  I guess Egypt is so rich it can crush the Ethiopians with two hands tied behind its back, but maybe the Almoravids being that much weaker and perhaps the West Africans are a bit more formidable it can serve as a bit of a distraction from Spain.  Well I hope you are right I will keep an open mind about it. 

Hey so in my current game (30 years in), Almoravids had control of all the passes towards the large Kingdom of Mali. Recently all of those border states have declared their independence and the Almoravids are locked in civil war with a large portion of southern Morocco.

On the east, a Nubian monophysite state still exists between the Fatimids and Abyssinia. The latter of which took out the sultanate in Somali and rules all of Ethiopia.

I've also noticed that the crusades are progressing fairly well with an 80% war score for the Kingdom of Jerusalem.

Queequeg

Why does he get chaste? An entire Sura is him telling his wives to shut up and that he can fuck whatever Egyptian slave he wants to.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Habbaku

Probably random stats and attributes.

Sort of like how the Koran was written, actually.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien