News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.  My first CTD, and it repeats.  I can't get past July 1, 1116 in my latest (really fun) game as the King of Greece.

Are there any crash logs kept?

E: nm...I found the file error.txt.  It says this: "[texturehandler.cpp:169]: Couldn't find texture file: ."  a whole bunch of times.  Anyone know what this is referring to?  I assume it has something to do with the SWMH mod I'm running.

Tamas

yeah, the mod is fucked up probably.

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah, I removed it and big surprise everything worked again.  Of course, that game is lost.  Oh well.

MadBurgerMaker

Started a new game as the count of Desmond down there at the bottom:

:) A couple generations in, I have become King of Ireland.  I've got a claim on Innse Gall, the blue county on the left, but haven't gotten around to pressing it.  Also have one on Gowrie, the light blue county where the 85 dudes are hanging out which I just did press for my Duke of Moray.  Everything is all busted up because of the mod I'm using (Broken Kingdoms or some such) that, obviously, breaks kingdoms up into duchys.

E: The world that matters to me right now:

The commies Rus has been kicking everyone's ass.  I sent a daughter over there to make friends and all, and get called up in their wars every so often.  I don't bother assisting them, of course.  Offscreen, the largest kingdom is the Shia Caliphate, which runs from Egypt to Somalia on the west bank of the Persian Gulf.

E2:  Oh snap.  After killing the 18 guys Gowrie could call up, I'm now able to take the title of King of Scotland.  Also some lame Duchy I don't care about.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

So...with the newer patches, making duchies is good but making kingdoms bad?

And mercs dont seem to reinforce anymore?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on June 24, 2012, 03:42:53 AM

1.6 is out on Tuesday, expanding the map and shit (plus you can buy the Musselmen DLC), so don't bother starting games until then :P

jimmy olsen

Having a ton of duchies was always better than having a kingdom.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

QuoteHaving a ton of duchies was always better than having a kingdom.
Means you can't have dukes as underlings though. And the prestige and RP awesomeness of being a king.

Quote from: Tamas on June 24, 2012, 05:05:58 AM

1.6 is out on Tuesday, expanding the map and shit (plus you can buy the Musselmen DLC), so don't bother starting games until then :P
Gah, I'd just given up on waiting this weekend so put an hour or two into a Kiev game.
Think I may well get this moozlem dlc.
Map expansion? To where?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

garbon

So they posted the change log and I gotta say that it is a little odd that they are introducing plots to claim titles. Didn't they make a convincing case in the initial DDs that Crusader Kings had too many overlapping mechanisms that essentially did the same things?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on June 25, 2012, 08:06:33 AM
So they posted the change log and I gotta say that it is a little odd that they are introducing plots to claim titles. Didn't they make a convincing case in the initial DDs that Crusader Kings had too many overlapping mechanisms that essentially did the same things?

yeah I am not sure I like that one.

garbon

So everything patch and DLC is out. Looks like they also put out an African unit DLC (on map units) and more music for Muslim nations

Josquius

Expanding the map to Africa seems really weird and has potential to make the game very silly with crusaders rampaging down the west sahara.
It should be being expanded eastwards instead.
██████
██████
██████