News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Caliga on June 12, 2012, 09:54:48 PM
Ok, I just got done a do-over of the opening as William and I just finished the conquest.  You're right... I now personally have 58 titles  :wacko:

I guess I need to figure out how to hand those out now eh?

Keep in mind you can auto-generate vassals for free for all of the sub-county (barony baron, city mayor, bishopric bishop) holdings, and then auto-generate courtiers for cash for the county-level titles if you have to (right click on the sub-holding picture in the bottom left, IIRC).

And it's better to give out the county to the count, then generate vassals for the baronies and cities and bishoprics, then transfer those vassals to the new counts, than to generate the vassals and then give the county to the count with the sub-vassals, in terms of reputation boost (does require more clicking).

Caliga

Thanks for the advice.  Only thing now is that I'm broke as shit because in order to replace men I was losing through battle/attrition and counter a rejuvenated Saxon army, I was forced to hire a bunch of Eye-talian mercenaries to help me drive warscore over 100%.  Unfortunately, the mercs showed up in Rouen and my entire fleet wasn't big enough to move them across the Channel, so I also had to hire the Hanseatic League to move them. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Drakken

You can also use your titles to sneakily peel away talented councillors from your vassals, both weakening them and making them available in your court instead.

Caliga

Wow, there are.... a lot of decisions to make.  It's hard to be king. :(

I gave the County of Kent to one of my (underage) sons and the County of Sussex to the other, and made my incompetent heir Robert Curthose the Duke of Normandy... he's an idiot so he might lose it, but I don't care about Normandy because it's in France. :yuk:

I also made some random guy of the street Mayor of London but the sonofabitch refused to marry my daughter. :huh:  Then I tried to marry her off to the Duke of Transylvania but he rejected her too.  She must give really bad head or something. :weep:

I think I may murder my wife so I can marry some young chick and produce more sons. :)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on June 13, 2012, 07:42:52 PM

I think I may murder my wife so I can marry some young chick and produce more sons. :)

Have fun with the civil war when half of them try to grab the crown.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

This recently conquered tax penalty thing sucks.  I'm so fucking poor now I can't even create any Dukes. :mad:

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on June 14, 2012, 09:45:08 PM
This recently conquered tax penalty thing sucks.  I'm so fucking poor now I can't even create any Dukes. :mad:

Try to avoid having duchy titles at all costs. You might want to arrange it so that your demesne includes all the 2 county duchies so that it will take really long for your vassals to get themselves duchy titles. There will come a time when one of your vassals gets two or three duchy titles and will challenge for the crown.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Faeelin

Caliga

Quote from: Viking on June 14, 2012, 11:06:21 PM
Try to avoid having duchy titles at all costs. You might want to arrange it so that your demesne includes all the 2 county duchies so that it will take really long for your vassals to get themselves duchy titles. There will come a time when one of your vassals gets two or three duchy titles and will challenge for the crown.
Harold survived the war and remained as Duke of Bedford.  He just tried to revolt.  Revolt = unsuccessful.  I had him imprisoned and then quickly executed after the war, and his son (current Duke of Cornwall) is in jail now too. :)

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on June 15, 2012, 08:06:48 AM
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?614293-The-Sword-of-Islam-Dev-Diary-3

It looks great, but I like how they also decided the Byzantines needed MORE POWER.

Your last statement is misleading given that Doomie has now posted in the thread that they reduced Byzantine holdings/Seljuks are now more powerful/Caliphs are more likely to declare Jihads on them/but even then the Byz's are powerful so they are looking more into how to nerf them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

The most disappointing about the latest dev diary is that the promise a beta AAR for next week, ie. no release on the 19th :(

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on June 15, 2012, 08:23:39 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 14, 2012, 11:06:21 PM
Harold survived the war and remained as Duke of Bedford.  He just tried to revolt.  Revolt = unsuccessful.  I had him imprisoned and then quickly executed after the war, and his son (current Duke of Cornwall) is in jail now too. :)

As I said before don't make peace until you have occupied all english provinces, then there is no harold.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2012, 08:26:56 AM
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?614293-The-Sword-of-Islam-Dev-Diary-3

It looks great, but I like how they also decided the Byzantines needed MORE POWER.

Your last statement is misleading given that Doomie has now posted in the thread that they reduced Byzantine holdings/Seljuks are now more powerful/Caliphs are more likely to declare Jihads on them/but even then the Byz's are powerful so they are looking more into how to nerf them.

I'm glad they reduced them, but the ability to remove dukes without cause means anytime someone goes negative, just remove and replace for no hit. That's incredibly powerful.

Caliga

Quote from: Viking on June 15, 2012, 04:25:01 PM
As I said before don't make peace until you have occupied all english provinces, then there is no harold.
I was close to broke and dependent on mercenaries, and there were Norwegian dudes beseiging Rouen.  I didn't feel like I had a choice by then.  He was dead by my hand a few years later anyway.

Anyway, William just died and Robert the Retarded just became king.  His much smarter second son Richard, who I made Duke of Kent, revolted as soon as Robert ascended to the throne.  I would prefer Richard become king over Robert. :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on June 16, 2012, 08:28:57 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2012, 08:26:56 AM

I'm glad they reduced them, but the ability to remove dukes without cause means anytime someone goes negative, just remove and replace for no hit. That's incredibly powerful.

Can't they still refuse and revolt then bring in allies?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.