News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Ancient Demon on June 09, 2012, 12:43:12 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 09, 2012, 03:33:40 AMI am almost ready to declare this the best Paradox game ever.

Better than EU 3? Let's not get carried away.

Out of the box, probably.  EU3 was very good after 2 full expansions and great after the third.  They aren't doing that style of expansion anymore (allegedly) but let's see where CK2 is after that much work.

Syt

It's 75% off on Steam today.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

:blink: :hmm: Stolen.  Never played CK, and never intended to, but for that price, I'm going to have to start.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on June 10, 2012, 05:32:33 PM
:blink: :hmm: Stolen.  Never played CK, and never intended to, but for that price, I'm going to have to start.

It's an awesome game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

I've been playing CK2 as Poland. Took many of the smaller regions north of Poland, Lithuania and northward. Just not sure what I'm supposed to be doing over all, what the game's objective is. Just conquest, get bigger and more powerful? Trying to keep all my vassels happy, marry off daughters to gain allies. But I seem to be missing something about the game, doesn't seem overly engaging to me.

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on June 11, 2012, 06:52:03 PM
I've been playing CK2 as Poland. Took many of the smaller regions north of Poland, Lithuania and northward. Just not sure what I'm supposed to be doing over all, what the game's objective is. Just conquest, get bigger and more powerful? Trying to keep all my vassels happy, marry off daughters to gain allies. But I seem to be missing something about the game, doesn't seem overly engaging to me.

It's largely whatever you want it to be about.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

I guess like EU2 or EU3. Yeah, it's pretty open ended. But has its limits in what you can do, especially the first years, which is where I'm at. I do like that there's no bad boy, and you can expand into areas of other religions and gain prestige. I'm getting some of the concepts, getting there slowly. Definitely liking it better than I did CK1, but that was more my fault than the game as I never really gave it a good chance.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

I messed around with William the Conqueror last night in his attempt to conquer England.  I found that no armies (neither Saxon nor Norwegian) could challenge me but despite conquering all of southern England I couldn't figure out what to do the end the war.  Then France invaded Normandy so I threw in the towel.  I was reading an AAR on another forum and it seems as soon as you take a county you can immediately give the title to someone else in this game? :hmm:  Is that just some special condition related to William's invasion or typical for the game?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on June 11, 2012, 09:30:42 PM
I messed around with William the Conqueror last night in his attempt to conquer England.  I found that no armies (neither Saxon nor Norwegian) could challenge me but despite conquering all of southern England I couldn't figure out what to do the end the war.  Then France invaded Normandy so I threw in the towel.  I was reading an AAR on another forum and it seems as soon as you take a county you can immediately give the title to someone else in this game? :hmm:  Is that just some special condition related to William's invasion or typical for the game?

1 - to win the war you need 100% warscore. So take all demesne land that should be enough.
2 - with the conquest CB you actually get all land you hold on peace. So if you take every single county you get every single county.

If you make peace with half the counties occupied then you get half the counties. (in addition to the title). So with the conquest what you want to do is to take every single county make peace and then hand the counties out to normans.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

So can you grant titles as soon as you conquer a county or only after the war is over?

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on June 12, 2012, 05:31:03 AM
So can you grant titles as soon as you conquer a county or only after the war is over?

With the conquest Casus Bellis yes. Everything you occupy is made personal demesne. Which you should give away immediately (pause and give) since having 50+ demesne size is really gonna piss off your vassals.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

I believe Cal what will happen is that once you smash England and make peace you'll get all those titles you've captured but then you'll need to fight Harald of Norway if he was still battling England.

Caliga

Ok, I just got done a do-over of the opening as William and I just finished the conquest.  You're right... I now personally have 58 titles  :wacko:

I guess I need to figure out how to hand those out now eh?  Also, you're also right about me now having to fight Harald, who has a substantial army in the north and occupies like 4-5 counties. :(