News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on June 01, 2012, 11:14:06 AM
Empires are like turning on easy mode for managing multiple kingdoms. Having two emperors was bad enough. Now we can have 10 more. Great.

I agree, one per religion. As I said before, though, we might want to remove de jure effects of empires.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Faeelin

Empires are like turning on easy mode for managing multiple kingdoms. Having two emperors was bad enough. Now we can have 10 more. Great.

I mean, don't make one?

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on June 01, 2012, 01:38:31 PM
I mean, don't make one?

As I found out playing Denmark I am incapable of not creating titles I can create no matter how disastrous it would be to create them :blush:

Freaking Lithuania and Finland kept electing different kings :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 01:59:45 PM
I mean, don't make one?

As I found out playing Denmark I am incapable of not creating titles I can create no matter how disastrous it would be to create them :blush:

Freaking Lithuania and Finland kept electing different kings :weep:

You have to unify the laws dude. UNified laws make for a happy kingdom(s).

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on June 01, 2012, 02:28:50 PM

The laws were the same just the de jure lands each voted for their own kings.  That was not always the same guy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 02:46:11 PM

The laws were the same just the de jure lands each voted for their own kings.  That was not always the same guy.

I have a hard time understanding why anybody would voluntarily have elective monarchy. I know it makes the vassals happy, but they tend to give the kingdom away to people who are not me.

KRonn

I mean, don't make one?
Are you guys saying that you can change your nation to an Empire? Is it in name/label, or is it because you get so big? I just started playing, starting to have some fun, but still trying to figure a lot of things out.

Fireblade

Quote from: KRonn on June 01, 2012, 06:06:55 PM

I mean, don't make one?
Are you guys saying that you can change your nation to an Empire? Is it in name/label, or is it because you get so big? I just started playing, starting to have some fun, but still trying to figure a lot of things out.

Yeah, in the the new patch coming out soon, Spain, Britain, Scandinavia, and France will have easily formable (for a human) empires.

-Inherit/conquer Burgundy (Provence + Savoie/Upper Burgundy/Dauphine, doesn't matter)
-Get some gold and spam indulgence for 200 piety
-LOL I AM NAPOLEON LOL I AM EMPEROR OF FRANCIA

garbon

Quote from: Viking on June 01, 2012, 04:18:48 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 02:46:11 PM

I have a hard time understanding why anybody would voluntarily have elective monarchy. I know it makes the vassals happy, but they tend to give the kingdom away to people who are not me.

Maybe because you don't understand how to manage an elective monarchy? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Fireblade on June 01, 2012, 11:12:29 PM
Quote from: KRonn on June 01, 2012, 06:06:55 PM

I mean, don't make one?

Yeah, in the the new patch coming out soon, Spain, Britain, Scandinavia, and France will have easily formable (for a human) empires.

-Inherit/conquer Burgundy (Provence + Savoie/Upper Burgundy/Dauphine, doesn't matter)
-Get some gold and spam indulgence for 200 piety
-LOL I AM NAPOLEON LOL I AM EMPEROR OF FRANCIA

Maybe its just me but I'd rather give people the option to do things if they want. Not like thee is any harm.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

They can't be that set on that policy however, since there is no Grand Catholic Empire option. Nor there are Unicorn Cavalries.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on June 02, 2012, 01:44:38 PM
They can't be that set on that policy however, since there is no Grand Catholic Empire option. Nor there are Unicorn Cavalries.

I know the HRE was neither holy nor roman nor an empire but at least it claimed to be the Grand Catholic Empire; in name at least.

garbon

That Game of Thrones mod seems fun though rebellions seem nigh on impossible.

Started in the North and eventually consigned Robert to his fate in prison after nearly 2(3?) decades of warfare. The deaths of both the Mad King and Rhaegar didn't prevent Robert from continuing his mad struggle for the Iron Throne (nor oddly enough did their deaths assist him).  Not sure why but imprisoned Lyanna was transferred to my dungeon once the rebellion stalled out. I married her off to John Arryn who had been left a widower.

Cersei was married off to fat Lord Hoster and died at age 25 of syphilis. Don't remember how Lord Tywin died but with Jamie ineligible for the lordship, Tyrion took charge of the Rock.  He proceeded to have several spawn who were either hunchbacked and/or of diminutive stature. :D

I banished Roose Bolton to the Wall for some sort of treason (and granted the Dreadfort to my dear brother Benjen) but it didn't seem to work right.  Though he took the Black, he ended up hiding out in a holding belong to the Bastard of Bolton.

During the course of the rebellion, both Lord Hoster and Edmure had died, so Catelyn and I marched on her young nephew for control of the Riverlands. When Eddard died, his son, Kirk, had both the Riverlands and the North.  Eddard's other son, Rickard, had converted to some Eastern faith under the direction of a Tyroshi swordsman which resulted in him being ineligible for marriage. Shortly there after, he choose to take the black and went to the Wall.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on June 01, 2012, 04:18:48 PM

Denmark starts with an elective monarchy and since you have a zillion family members it is no big deal since a member of the dynasty will almost always be King.  It also takes alot of time and effort to make it something that is not an elective monarchy (or gavelkind).  Ergo even though it was a stupid stupid idea to get additional King titles, meaning that even though all the titles stayed in the family they went to different members of the family.

I just cannot resist creating the titles.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on June 02, 2012, 03:09:23 PM
I know the HRE was neither holy nor roman nor an empire but at least it claimed to be the Grand Catholic Empire; in name at least.

It was pretty Holy and Empirish when the Ottonians were in charge.