News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I like this bit of flavor.

QuoteFor flavour, we have also made it so that duchy tier and above titles held by rulers of Iranian, Arabic and Turkish cultures are named after the ruling dynasty. For example, the Kingdom of Egypt automatically becomes the Fatimid Sultanate while the Fatimids are in power (though the original name is also used where appropriate.) In case the same dynasty holds several high rank titles, only the highest is named after the dynasty. Thus, we can have both a Seljuk Sultanate and a Sultanate of Rum, both ruled by the Seljuk dynasty. Randomly generated characters of these cultures automatically get a dynasty name suitable to name states after (ending with -id or -n, etc).

Actually this looks good to:
QuoteNext week I'll talk about polygamy, decadence, and strong and weak claims!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

That is nice.  Good to see the Muslims get more attention.  Hopefully they can finally balance Spain if they keep at it.

Not sure I like them adding more Africa in the next patch though.  The complete failure of modeling Ethiopia does not bode well.

Also I do not like Empires that are not like the current four Empires.  An Empire, in this era, should have a claim of Universality.  The Empire of Skandinavia just doesn't work....especially as Skandinavia did unite at the end of this era and no Emperors were crowned.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 08:30:30 AM
Not sure I like them adding more Africa though.  The complete failure of modeling Ethiopia does not bode well.

I guess it'll depend on how easily the Almoravids can get down there which the post seems to suggest it might not be (perhaps long travel times/attrition?).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Also I do not like Empires that are not like the current four Empires.  An Empire, in this era, should have a claim of Universality.  The Empire of Skandinavia just doesn't work....especially as Skandinavia did unite at the end of this era and no Emperors were crowned.

Agreed though for most part seems to be that you'll be able to ignore them as the AI shouldn't be creating them.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2012, 08:27:01 AM

Polygamy seems like cheating.  EASY MODE!!!11

Or...or....it could mean Muslims states have to fight a Civil War with every succession because the ruler had so many sons.

That reminds me Sultan is a Turkish term so the Fatamid State should not be called a 'Sultanate' right but the 'Fatamid Caliphate'?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 08:34:39 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2012, 08:27:01 AM

Polygamy seems like cheating.  EASY MODE!!!11

Or...or....it could mean Muslims states have to fight a Civil War with every succession because the ruler had so many sons.

That reminds me Sultan is a Turkish term so the Fatamid State should not be called a 'Sultanate' right but the 'Fatamid Caliphate'?

From the screenshot they had looks like on the map it just has the dynasty name (so Fatimid) and then in the character screen it shows the Fatimid ruler as Caliph al-Mustansir I.  So all good there.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 08:34:39 AM

Well considering that kinslaying now has no negative effects in the Muslim world could be some possibilities there.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2012, 08:33:49 AM
Agreed though for most part seems to be that you'll be able to ignore them as the AI shouldn't be creating them.

I don't know sometimes Norway blobs pretty well.  They only need 50% right?

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2012, 08:39:43 AM
From the screenshot they had looks like on the map it just has the dynasty name (so Fatimid) and then in the character screen it shows the Fatimid ruler as Caliph al-Mustansir I.  So all good there.

Ah good.  If it just says 'Fatamids' that will work great.

QuoteWell considering that kinslaying now has no negative effects in the Muslim world could be some possibilities there.

If it is true is should lead to the political fragmentation that seemed to plague the Muslim world in this era...until the Ottomans just tossed everybody into golden cages.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 08:42:43 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2012, 08:33:49 AM

I don't know sometimes Norway blobs pretty well.  They only need 50% right?

Doomie said 80% and certain additional conditions (he mentioned culture and then specifically for France needs a king title outside of France).

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2012, 08:52:15 AM
Doomie said 80% and certain additional conditions (he mentioned culture and then specifically for France needs a king title outside of France).

Ah missed that.  Ok that should work.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2012, 09:01:14 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2012, 08:52:15 AM

Ah missed that.  Ok that should work.

I think he said it later in the thread when someone asked.

Faeelin

That is nice.  Good to see the Muslims get more attention.  Hopefully they can finally balance Spain if they keep at it.

I have mixed thoughts on this, but overall it's a net positive. 

I think a French empire is needed if you're making Brittany, Aquitaine, and Burgundy kingdoms.  Obviously some of those realms could be as powerfula s the King of Denmark, but Capetians still stood above them.

Valmy

And at least there was at one point a Frankish Empire (sorta...) and the French King did make an effort at at least one point to become Emperor.  Still it should be a gauntlet tossed in the direction of the Holy Roman Emperor.

Tamas

Empires are like turning on easy mode for managing multiple kingdoms. Having two emperors was bad enough. Now we can have 10 more. Great.