News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So, my father, King of Italy, died of syphilis and I inherited the crown. My wife is a Countess of Verona (and still a vassal of the Duke of Verona who is not my vassal).

I'm Homosexual.

Now, we have one son but then I take a look at my wife's screen and it turns out she has two sons, not one. I go wtf... and it turned out her other son is a legitimized bastard she had (after already being married to me) with the Duke of Verona (who also happens to be my brother in law).

What. The. Fuck.

Why didn't I get an option to imprison or execute her?  :mad:

Martim Silva

Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2012, 07:12:37 AM
I'm Homosexual.

Yes, but the thread is about CK2.

Quote from: Martinus
Now, we have one son but then I take a look at my wife's screen and it turns out she has two sons, not one. I go wtf... and it turned out her other son is a legitimized bastard she had (after already being married to me) with the Duke of Verona (who also happens to be my brother in law).

Who can blame her? I mean, she's married to you. Also, I wouldn't be too sure about the paternity of your son...

You have. Go to her diplomatic options, and click on "imprison". After that, just execute her.

You'll get a big penalty for being a gay tyrant, but isn't that what you are?  ;)

You can also start a plot to kill her.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

So I took out the line making the Kingdom of Khazaria non-formable, but it just seemed silly.  Then again, nobody is really sure if the Khazars existed after 970, so I guess it is silly all around.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on April 15, 2012, 09:12:16 AM
Alongside the patch comes the "Character Editor" http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/2012/3/crusader-kings-ii-ruler-designer-dlc-announced for 5$! :w00t:

G.

Yes, we already had that uninspired piece of news. I don't really understand an editor in the scenario screen (not really useful for modding) nor is it really any different in single player from cheating to change characters in the scenarios/or saves to have them be like how you "wanted".  Only sort of makes sense in multiplayer but then again you are only balancing the characters (and not relative power imbalances via state size) and it isn't clear that those changes would stick unless there is some secreted save feature (I guess you could make everyone play off a game saved on day one).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Bahh you're such a pissant sometimes.  Crafting a character and inserting it in the initial setup is a great boon for RPG and re-playability.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on April 15, 2012, 09:33:17 AM
Bahh you're such a pissant sometimes.  Crafting a character and inserting it in the initial setup is a great boon for RPG and re-playability.

G.

I thought that's why you could start with numerous characters at any time during the period...not what if William the Bastard had been a homosexual! :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on April 15, 2012, 09:27:55 AM
Quote from: Grallon on April 15, 2012, 09:12:16 AM
Alongside the patch comes the "Character Editor" http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/2012/3/crusader-kings-ii-ruler-designer-dlc-announced for 5$! :w00t:

G.

Yes, we already had that uninspired piece of news. I don't really understand an editor in the scenario screen (not really useful for modding) nor is it really any different in single player from cheating to change characters in the scenarios/or saves to have them be like how you "wanted".  Only sort of makes sense in multiplayer but then again you are only balancing the characters (and not relative power imbalances via state size) and it isn't clear that those changes would stick unless there is some secreted save feature (I guess you could make everyone play off a game saved on day one).

Most of the starting characters are not that historical (e.g. all counts start with random traits, as far as I am aware), so there is nothing wrong with giving them traits you want imo.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on April 15, 2012, 09:38:45 AM
Quote from: Grallon on April 15, 2012, 09:33:17 AM

G.

I thought that's why you could start with numerous characters at any time during the period...not what if William the Bastard had been a homosexual! :w00t:

Uhm, this game is an immense what-if (and yes, in the thread you yourself fucking quoted, William the Bastard did turn homosexual) so I don't really see your point, other than to bitch. Same goes for looks of a character or the dynasty's shield (which is random except for major dynasties).

Plus people may want to start as someone from their family being some random count or something (e.g. I may start as a Count of Plock as someone with my last name for the fun of it :P).

Frankly, I don't understand your bitching about this at all - this seems like a perfect DLC concept - something that people who think it is useful may buy and people who don't find it useful won't have their gameplay affected either.

Drakken

It's Languish policy to bitch and moan about Paradox, even when they do the right thing and their map doesn't suck.

Martinus

Quote from: Martim Silva on April 15, 2012, 07:58:48 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2012, 07:12:37 AM
I'm Homosexual.

Yes, but the thread is about CK2.

Who can blame her? I mean, she's married to you. Also, I wouldn't be too sure about the paternity of your son...

You have. Go to her diplomatic options, and click on "imprison". After that, just execute her.

You'll get a big penalty for being a gay tyrant, but isn't that what you are?  ;)

You can also start a plot to kill her.

Can't imprison her. She is not my vassal.

I eventually caught them in my bed and made a scene. And the bitch legitimized the bastard so he now stands to inherit Verona ahead of my son.

And the fucking Pope excommunicated me. So I created an Anti-Pope. Divorced my wife. And marched on Rome.

It's a very bad decision for a Pope to fuck with a Cynical Wroth Homosexual King of Italy and Sicily.  <_<

Drakken

I admit that a CB to seize someone plotting your death, at the cost of Prestige and relations, would be a good idea.

That's the sort of things you call onto your Liege to intervene, for great justice.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2012, 10:13:42 AM
Frankly, I don't understand your bitching about this at all - this seems like a perfect DLC concept - something that people who think it is useful may buy and people who don't find it useful won't have their gameplay affected either.

I've thought about this and I think I dislike it because they are charging for something so completely useless. It's like they took the shitty scenario editor from EU2, weakened and then said have at it for 5 bucks.  Now that right there is something I could get behind. 5-10 buck DLC that let you edit characters and title ownerships + save it down as a scenario start.

That said, the shield bit is something novel as pretty much everything else in the dlc can already be easily handled. I think it would have been difficult for p'dox to make the character files more transparent. :D

sbr