News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 19, 2012, 11:00:08 PM
I don't think thats it. It happens every game. And the name and dynasty is Irish too.
I don't think I've ever seen the Capets fall.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Grallon on March 19, 2012, 07:14:11 AM
I spent 2 weeks working on a new building system which IMO is quite an improvement on the vanilla one.  And no one - not a single soul is interested in it.  I suppose they'd rather have more useless fantasy empires instead of a detailed revamped building mod.  Talk about pearls thrown to swines.  <_< 

G.

link?

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martim Silva

Quote from: jimmy olsen

I've seem them lose France to the Valois. It was pretty cool.

And as I was inheriting large chunks of France, the Valois replied by inheriting most of Ireland. That was fun.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 20, 2012, 01:24:51 AM

They have little crown land and a few super vassals.  I have seen them be forced to go elective law before (and of course they die out with no heirs more frequently as well with their purely agnatic succession law).

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

whats with forced peace?
Sometimes when I've still plenty of fight in me I just get a message saying I've accepted peace and given the enemies what they want :s
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

So I have been playing a sort of sandbox game meaning I cheated myself to infinite cash and used a lot of mercenaries.

Starting as the Holy Roman Emperor, I managed to incorporate all of Spain, Italy, Jerusalem, Poland, Hungary, France, the British Isles (except Ireland) and Denmark into my empire. I then married my son and heir apparent to some minor Byzantine princess.

Lo and behold I get a message some time later that my son left my court for Byzantium... as Emperor-Consort of Byzantium. Once he succeeds me, the couple will rule both Empires.  :cool:

The rub? They have a son - who stands to be the first emperor in centuries to rule both imperial crowns - who happens to be Cruel, Wroth, Lustful and Slow. He is also Greek but Catholic. It's going to be fun. :P

Drakken

Quote from: Tyr on March 21, 2012, 03:28:49 AM
whats with forced peace?
Sometimes when I've still plenty of fight in me I just get a message saying I've accepted peace and given the enemies what they want :s

Reached -100% warscore? Your character Lord got captured in combat?

HVC

in my Poland game the HRE inhereted the fully formed Rus Kingdom. Plus side the keep the Golden Horde at bay, downside is i'm waiting for the steel trap to slam shut.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Pedrito

:lol: this game is fun:

my current char became duke of york at the age of 2. When it's time for him to get a guardian, I decide for a reckless move and nominate his half-sister as his ward: the same half sister that was bound to hereditate the full duchy and lower titles, that already has a married son, if only the Old Duke wouldn't have fallen in love with a spanish lass that pumped out two kids in three years, one of them the much desired male heir.

So, i'm expecting that the boy's life will be short and full of pain.

The half-sister takes her role very seriously, and is having a very, very close eye on my duke' development:

duke: I am Wroth!
Sis: whack!
Duke: ok, i lose the wroth trait, and become Patient

duke: I've become shy!
Sis: whack! Whack!
Duke: *loses the trait shy, gains gregarious*

and this happened 4 or 5 times, so that now my still underage duke is becoming a paragon of the seven cardinal virtues, and other assorted good traits :lol:

...and the Pope granted him a claim on the kingdom of England, out of the blue

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Martinus

:D

Having a guardian with good stats can be a boon to a ruling brat. And not everyone in this game is a bloodthirsty maniac - if the sis didn't have too many stats like Cruel, Deceitful and Ambitious, she will not go even for the low hanging fruit.

ulmont

Quote from: Drakken on March 21, 2012, 06:56:18 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 21, 2012, 03:28:49 AM
whats with forced peace?

Reached -100% warscore? Your character Lord got captured in combat?

To expand on the -100% warscore, for most war aims there's a change in warscore over time.  Usually, for an offensive war to take territory, if you don't actually control any territory in the target region, the defender's warscore will just increase steadily with each passing month.  When the defender's warscore reaches +100, they win.  It works both ways; if the attacker controls  all of the target region, then their warscore increases steadily with each passing month.  This is, I think, one of the better items Paradox put in in CK 2, because it stops the prior neverending wars...

Josquius

hmm, could have been that, was busy fighting one war and letting some other attackers nibble at the edge of the kingdom.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Started out the Duke of Saxony and recently the current character's father usurped the Kingdom of Denmark. The inheritance law of Denmark is AC Primogeniture. My heir will inherit the Duchy of Luxemburg from my wife as well.

However the Dukedom of Koln is huge and the current Duchess hates my guts (as will any ruler since I have some of their de jure land). Should I roll the dice on inheriting that land by turning my inheritance law to Seniority at the next opportunity?

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

The Duke of Koln finally inherited Denmark and crowned himself King of Germany. Time to rebel and usurp the HRE right?

Nope. You see Bohemia was attempting to usurp the throne of France and as an HRE patriot I wanted him to win and so have postponed my plans for Civil War. He did but he's still at war with a French Duke who was waging a concurrent usurpation war of his own. Furthermore the Muslims are taking advantage to overrun southern France. Next time I load up I will immediately launch a Holy War for Aquitaine.  Most ominously I got a warning about the Great Khan a few months ago.

1 Karma Chameleon point