News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Why would I want to help kingdoms when I just let them die and then later take their land from the Muslims who currently occupy it? :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Maximus

If you don't want their land.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Maximus on March 17, 2012, 03:02:52 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 17, 2012, 01:09:52 PM
Is it me, or is "Defending the Faith" a pointless casus belli?  Knock the muslims around for a while and get nothing for it but some petty prestige?
It enables you to come to the aid of beleaguered Iberian kingdoms. It's not that effective though. As soon as your ruler dies the war ends, you abandon all the holdings you've taken, and you have to send all your levies home and disband them before you can re-enter the war.

The thing is though, is that I seized many of the territories that were highlighted by the war goals, and then battered them enough that I got the 100% to win.  Declaring victory just gave me some prestige, and all the territory when back to the muslims.  Seemed pointless...even from a benevolent "help Iberian Christians" point of view.

Maximus

I think the point is that you keep hitting them until the beleaguered Iberian christians win their war, not that you have specific war goals.

Tonitrus

Hmm, when I did it, there weren't really any Christians left.  :hmm:

Well, besides what little the French and HRE had.

JonasSalk

Yeah, I'm always a little annoyed at how France and the HRE get ahold of large segments (or small segments) of Iberia every single game.
Yuman

Tonitrus

And while I am whining today, why the fuck is there a relationship penalty for holding too many elector titles, when it doesn't mean anything anyway?  The three duchies that my ruler of Ireland holds seem to all count for only one vote total, while all the other unheld duchies each count as one vote apiece.

garbon

Anyone have any odd experiences with Agnatic-Cognatic Gavelkind?  Playing in the latest patch as Poland and I had at one point where my son (who had been heir), stopped being my heir and instead my sister was for about a good year.  Then later when I had 7 sons, after a war saw me take out the Lithuanians, my one son was my only heir for about 6 months before the game finally parceled out the inheritances between my sons, per gavelkind inheritance.

I quickly doubled in size as Poland because while the Principality of Turov was fighting Novgorod, I snuck in and annexed Turov. Kiev has now rejoined the faith of Rome. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on March 18, 2012, 06:51:35 PM
Anyone have any odd experiences with Agnatic-Cognatic Gavelkind?  Playing in the latest patch as Poland and I had at one point where my son (who had been heir), stopped being my heir and instead my sister was for about a good year.  Then later when I had 7 sons, after a war saw me take out the Lithuanians, my one son was my only heir for about 6 months before the game finally parceled out the inheritances between my sons, per gavelkind inheritance.

I quickly doubled in size as Poland because while the Principality of Turov was fighting Novgorod, I snuck in and annexed Turov. Kiev has now rejoined the faith of Rome. :)
Yeah, the heir's flipping around has happened to me as well.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

The game seems to have problems with half-brothers and inheritance at times too.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

is it just me whose french kings keep being irish?
██████
██████
██████

Grallon

I spent 2 weeks working on a new building system which IMO is quite an improvement on the vanilla one.  And no one - not a single soul is interested in it.  I suppose they'd rather have more useless fantasy empires instead of a detailed revamped building mod.  Talk about pearls thrown to swines.  <_< 

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

ulmont

Quote from: Tyr on March 19, 2012, 05:12:21 AM
is it just me whose french kings keep being irish?

Whenever you go to send a child to a tutor, look 3 times at the culture / religion of the tutor.  That's the culture / religion that child's going to be when they grow up. 

Always verify your tutors, and for the same reason don't give counties away to your heir until they grow up.

Josquius

I don't think thats it. It happens every game. And the name and dynasty is Irish too.
██████
██████
██████