News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 14, 2012, 12:58:12 AM
Also, I really don't like it when my character gets Syphilis when he hasn't been sleeping around and his wife doesn't have it. It makes no sense.

Especially considering that Syphilis probably didn't arrive in Europe until after Columbus.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

There was likely a related form in Europe pre-Columbian, but the new virulent strain seems to have come about from contact.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 14, 2012, 02:58:27 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 14, 2012, 12:58:12 AM
Also, I really don't like it when my character gets Syphilis when he hasn't been sleeping around and his wife doesn't have it. It makes no sense.
Who knows what she has been up to....
I thought about that, but I checked her character sheet and she doesn't have it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martim Silva

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2012, 09:00:20 AM
Create an anti-pope. Then attack the Papal states. I have the feeling Kaiser Adolf will end up having to do that in my game.

That's very historical.

After all, the Kaiser Heinrich IV (the guy that starts as Emperor of the HRE in 1066) humiliated himself to the Pope at Canossa in 1077 to get his excommunication lifeted, a then new Pope came up in 1080 and BAM - excommunicated him again. Heinrich thus got really pissed and set up an anti-Pope while invading Italy.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 14, 2012, 11:39:51 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2012, 09:00:20 AM
Create an anti-pope. Then attack the Papal states. I have the feeling Kaiser Adolf will end up having to do that in my game.

That's very historical.

After all, the Kaiser Heinrich IV (the guy that starts as Emperor of the HRE in 1066) humiliated himself to the Pope at Canossa in 1077 to get his excommunication lifeted, a then new Pope came up in 1080 and BAM - excommunicated him again. Heinrich thus got really pissed and set up an anti-Pope while invading Italy.

I would have done the same thing.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PDH

Henry IV didn't really humiliate himself, his going to Canossa was a masterful ploy to force the Pope to forgive him. 

And it was the same Pope that excommunicated him the 2nd time (and Henry had him "removed").
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

After overthrowing a pope, it is deeply satisfying. I wish I knew that if the anti-pope is of the same dynasty as your dude, The Papal States become your vassal.

I have a pontiff boner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

The problem with setting up your own Pope in Rome (when he does not become your vassal at least), is that the motherfucker steals the holding he had and adds it to the Papal States. So make sure you make your anti Pope someone holding a bishopric you won't miss - certainly not a Prince Bishop or anyone above that.

Pedrito

So, please help a noob and tell me what is wrong:

I'm playing as Duchess of York; my titles are: duchy of York, County of york, County of Northampton; I have two vassals, one my first son and heir who is Count of Leicester, and another guy who's Count of Lincoln.
Succession Law is Agnatic Cognatic Gavelkind, and my toon has three sons and a daughter, every one of them already married and with kids.

I'm receiving messages about "Title loss on succession", regarding the County of Northampton, because with gavelkind the title would go to my second son instead of being assigned to my heir, while I want to preserve the integrity of my realm.

I've identified some possible outcomes:
- assassinate my second son (and third, and fourth): not viable, my pretty stable game would end in a tragic bloodbath;
- assign the county of Northampton to my heir, but I think this wouldn't change the fact that when I'll die Northampton will pass to my second son; or not?
- switch to primogeniture, but in this case the game hammers me with the "Unlanded Sons" alarm:  is this of unlanded sons a big issue? What happens, should I keep them unlanded?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Pedrito on March 15, 2012, 05:58:43 PM
So, please help a noob and tell me what is wrong:

I'm playing as Duchess of York; my titles are: duchy of York, County of york, County of Northampton; I have two vassals, one my first son and heir who is Count of Leicester, and another guy who's Count of Lincoln.
Succession Law is Agnatic Cognatic Gavelkind, and my toon has three sons and a daughter, every one of them already married and with kids.

I'm receiving messages about "Title loss on succession", regarding the County of Northampton, because with gavelkind the title would go to my second son instead of being assigned to my heir, while I want to preserve the integrity of my realm.

I've identified some possible outcomes:
- assassinate my second son (and third, and fourth): not viable, my pretty stable game would end in a tragic bloodbath;
- assign the county of Northampton to my heir, but I think this wouldn't change the fact that when I'll die Northampton will pass to my second son; or not?
- switch to primogeniture, but in this case the game hammers me with the "Unlanded Sons" alarm:  is this of unlanded sons a big issue? What happens, should I keep them unlanded?

L.
Not a big deal. Betroth and then marry the unlanded sons to reigning Duchesses or Countesses.  It will spread your dynasty and once they're out of your court you won't get that penalty.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Pedrito

Oh,and another thing: is there a way to scroll sideways the realm and dynasty trees? I'm getting mad

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Pedrito

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2012, 06:07:05 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on March 15, 2012, 05:58:43 PM

Not a big deal. Betroth and then marry the unlanded sons to reigning Duchesses or Countesses.  It will spread your dynasty and once they're out of your court you won't get that penalty.

:contract:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Tonitrus

Couldn't he also toss the second son into a bishopric?

Pedrito

Problem almost solved: my heir probably assassinated my second son  :cry:

Now the third son is starting to tremble  :lol:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Ed Anger

Quote from: Pedrito on March 15, 2012, 06:31:00 PM
Problem almost solved: my heir probably assassinated my second son  :cry:

Now the third son is starting to tremble  :lol:

L.

Just wait until one wipes out his entire family. Hilarious.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive