And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Faeelin on March 13, 2012, 12:39:25 AM
Quote from: sbr on March 12, 2012, 10:33:07 PM
I was having the same problem last week, there is definitely something going on with revoking titles from some rebellous vassals.

What authority do you have?

Medium.  I can revoke it just makes my vassals mad.

jimmy olsen

Built a nice Polish Italian Empire but my king is 57 and my only heir is a 1 year Grandson. My empire's fucked.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 13, 2012, 11:36:57 AM
Built a nice Polish Italian Empire but my king is 57 and my only heir is a 1 year Grandson. My empire's fucked.

It's a Polish Italian Empire, it wad fucked before it got off the ground.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on March 13, 2012, 01:58:00 AM
QuoteZeina the Great, lesbian queen of Abyssinia still rules at a ripe 78 years old (she was a hottie back in the day)...after just annexing the Nile delta region (as always, while the Caliphate was busy with rebels and crusaders).  She didn't even want Cyrenaica, but her son, the Duke of Alexandria decided he did.
How do you do that?
Doesn't declaring war on nations with rebellions always make the rebels give up and everyone concentrate on you instead?

Maybe it depends on what they are fighting for?  90% of the time, the rebels are fighting for independence (not just against ruler), and they do often seem to easily give in to a white peace (though that often happens whether I get involved or not).  Going after the rebels themselves never works, because they white-peace out too fast, and then the war (usually Holy from my side) just ends. 

But, in my cases, it was mostly a matter of building up my victory level fast enough before the Caliphate's doom stack comes down on me, or let it be distracted by other objectives (smashing rebels and/or crusaders). 

In the case of the Shiite Caliphate, I could often get this work by having one army seize the provinces around Mecca (the AI would often ignore that side of the Red Sea), while my other forces lured the doom stack into the desert to die of attrition (Nubia seems good for that) until I can pick it off and go after the Holy War target.  When I started going on Cairo/Nile region, I had developed my levy construction down in the home provinces enough that I could start to compete with the doom stack....and rebels/crusaders (and it is usually the crusaders) just made the job easier.

Josquius

I decided to abandon my old game and start a new game as the Duke of Barcelona.
I picked off one of my small muslim neighbours right away. Yey....But the country in Algeria keeps attacking me. Boo.
France is super quick off the mark too and is already carving out most of Spain for itself. The HRE seems to have taken practically all of Italy.

One big problem with the game- its so all or nothing. No, "Yeah, I said I wanted to take the whole of Barcelona but if you give me Valencia I'll leave you alone....honest....." bargaining as would be realistic. Just...."Surrender everything now!".
██████
██████
██████

PDH

So I got caught up in the "amass wealth" idea for one of my Sicilian kings...and now the old boy is 77 with a stewardship of 41...

Sure his son is now old and grey, but King Robert sure has built up the demesne...

Update - Old Bob is now 81 with a 44 stewardship.  His two great grandsons are married and having kids.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

So what's a good HRE duke to play?

Bohemia's an obvious choice because you can easily become a King, but who else?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

Start as Swabia January 1, 1079 (when Friedrich Hohenstauffen became Duke).  Make them into a power.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ideologue

God, this game's getting on my nerves.  LOL LET'S REBEL AND REBEL AND REBEL AND REBEL AND REBEL

I swear to God I would kill every last man, woman, and child in some of these counties.  You can't just imprison the nobles leading them.  You have to systematically eradicate every human being in every county you don't directly control.  I've had a statistically great king whose reign has been one uninterrupted fucking internal bloodbath.  Let's just go to the logical endpoint of this nonsense.

I can't find the "attack natives" button in this game.  Help plz.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Have you had a look at what causes your folks to rebel (hover over the relationship button). I find handing out the occasional honorary title, bit of worthless land or hard cash helps overcoming the worst.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

I demand blind obedience.

OK, here's a serious issue right here:

If you save up tons of cash and issue a petition for repentance or whatever it is, and the Pope grants it, it should be at least a few years before the fucking Pope can excommunicate you again.  I am super uncool with sending the pontiff 550 gold, receiving communion again, and then being thrown out of the church one week later.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on March 14, 2012, 12:00:40 AM
God, this game's getting on my nerves.  LOL LET'S REBEL AND REBEL AND REBEL AND REBEL AND REBEL

I swear to God I would kill every last man, woman, and child in some of these counties.  You can't just imprison the nobles leading them.  You have to systematically eradicate every human being in every county you don't directly control.  I've had a statistically great king whose reign has been one uninterrupted fucking internal bloodbath.  Let's just go to the logical endpoint of this nonsense.

I can't find the "attack natives" button in this game.  Help plz.
Try making your succession law Seniority. This will result in a bunch of old kings if your dynasty is large, however everyone but your eldest son will like it.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Also, I really don't like it when my character gets Syphilis when he hasn't been sleeping around and his wife doesn't have it. It makes no sense.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 14, 2012, 12:58:12 AM
Also, I really don't like it when my character gets Syphilis when he hasn't been sleeping around and his wife doesn't have it. It makes no sense.
Who knows what she has been up to....
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on March 14, 2012, 12:35:48 AM
I demand blind obedience.

OK, here's a serious issue right here:

If you save up tons of cash and issue a petition for repentance or whatever it is, and the Pope grants it, it should be at least a few years before the fucking Pope can excommunicate you again.  I am super uncool with sending the pontiff 550 gold, receiving communion again, and then being thrown out of the church one week later.

Create an anti-pope. Then attack the Papal states. I have the feeling Kaiser Adolf will end up having to do that in my game.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive