And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on March 08, 2012, 10:11:09 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 08, 2012, 06:55:18 PM
Made my 2nd son a Bishop so my 1st will inherit both the Duchies of Toscana and Parma. If my wife dies before me (King of Navarra & Aragon) will that make him a vassal of the HRE or have I prevented that by making him count of Barcelona? If he does become a HRE vassal what happens when he inherits the Kingdom? Will the Italian holdings become part of Navarra or will his vassalage to the Emperor remain?

In the game i had similar to that, those Duchies became part of Navarra and then HRE promptly declared war on me to regain them back, so watch out.
That's too bad, I wish I could just swear fealty to him to get him off my back.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

When you make a bethrohal to an AI girl holding a title, you usually receive a matrilinear marriage proposal when she comes of age, so make sure to not accept that, as the AI will stick to the deal and accept a regular marriage.

chipwich

How do I set a character as special interest?

jimmy olsen

I'm thinking of taking the HRE for a spin. What do you guys think the best plan for taking the Byzantine Empire is?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

:lmfao:

QuoteI decided to see how badly I could fuck up, so I cheated and added cash, then as the duchess of toscana I married, then made my husband an antipope, then claimed the papacy for my husband, then assassinated my husband, then declared war on the new pope to claim the papacy for myself.

And bam, female pope, no heirs due to open elective system, and I instantly got message events from all the leaders of europe asking the female usurper of the papcy for indulgences.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I don't understand why cheating was involved to do that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2012, 02:31:19 PM
I don't understand why cheating was involved to do that.

Probably just to make it easier to do quickly.

jimmy olsen

There seems to be an odd bug with regards to heirs in the new patch. My heir flipped back and forth between my oldest and 2nd son until I made the 2nd a bishop. Succession law is gavelkind not elective.

Also, it would be nice to be informed when your wife (Duchess of Toscana & Modena) rebels against the HRE. You think she'd at least invite the King of Poland into her plot, but no. I had to find out about it while scrolling over the map. What was worse is she was pregnant and was thrown in prison before giving birth. I had to ransom my new born daughter from jail. No option to do that for my wife though.

Gonna have to conquer a pagan county and make my 2nd son a bishop before my wife dies in prison so I don't lose any titles.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2012, 09:26:03 PM
Also, it would be nice to be informed when your wife (Duchess of Toscana & Modena) rebels against the HRE. You think she'd at least invite the King of Poland into her plot, but no. I had to find out about it while scrolling over the map. What was worse is she was pregnant and was thrown in prison before giving birth. I had to ransom my new born daughter from jail. No option to do that for my wife though.

I agree that if your wife is an ally and you are an independent realm, she should by default ask you to join her struggle.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Apparently Heinrich's mother was from Poitou and this gave him claims on Aquitaine and Poitou! :o

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

You know...I think I've got bored of the game.
It was possibly the mega HRE that did it. Really stops any room for much going on in Europe.
Russia turned into a giant blob, France and the HRE turned into giant blobs, the caliphate and the Byzantines are all giant blobs....
The game just got dull.
And starting again with a new game....I really feel I've seen it all already. On paper this game is awesome. But.....I dont know....

I'm really looking forward to the inevitable ASOIAF mod though. Hope its thorough with a properly developed timeline and choosable start dates.
Though I just know it won't work. The minute one house starts trouble with another the entire kingdom will come down on them. <_<
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

In my first 1.04 game as Sweden, (vanilla, except that you cant declare independence if you your liege is at peace and you don't have at least 50% of his strength), Byzantium has actually lost territories to Musselmen  :huh:

Cecil

Well they did get nerfed in the patch. The HRE was left untouched however which leads to HRE northern africa in 90% of my games.

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2012, 06:07:20 AM
Apparently Heinrich's mother was from Poitou and this gave him claims on Aquitaine and Poitou! :o

Happened in my Denmark game, too, except I peeled Ulm or Wurttemburg or whatever the duchy is called away from the HRE.  Take that, Kaiser!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

So I decided on a calm game after beig a vassal of the HRE for the whole duration on my previous game. I picked the count of Adgers in Norway, direct vassal of the king, and 16 year old/unmarried.

The Norwegian crown quickly descended into chaos, the Duke of Brunswick laid claim on the title and pulled a Weserübung 850 years early. It's 1100 and Norway is part of the HRE.  <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.