News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

On the other hand, each new kingdom title multiplies the difficulty of keeping your realm in one piece.

Maximus

You have more control over the crown laws of a kingdom you own de jure.

jimmy olsen

Apparently the crown title of Armenia is Despot :menace:

However when I try to betroth my heir to the 17 year old Emperess one of her reasons for saying no (besides too young and base reluctance) is not high ranking enough. What the hell? I don't recall routine royal marriages between the HRE and Byzantium. A King controlling a full third of the Empire is as good as she's gonna get.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

ulmont

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 08, 2012, 09:37:51 AM
Apparently the crown title of Armenia is Despot :menace:

I think that's actually all Kingdom level titles for Greek-cultured rulers.

sbr

Yep, thanks to an unfortunate choice in mentors Sicily is now ruled by a despot.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on March 08, 2012, 04:50:11 AM
On the other hand, each new kingdom title multiplies the difficulty of keeping your realm in one piece.

Still not really seeing that. I mean sure there's that localized malus of them coveting that title but that's about it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2012, 10:09:25 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 08, 2012, 04:50:11 AM

Still not really seeing that. I mean sure there's that localized malus of them coveting that title but that's about it.

I agree there, a duke can hold all the ducal titles on the map without malus. The same with a king, he can hold as many titles as he might want without malus.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Made my 2nd son a Bishop so my 1st will inherit both the Duchies of Toscana and Parma. If my wife dies before me (King of Navarra & Aragon) will that make him a vassal of the HRE or have I prevented that by making him count of Barcelona? If he does become a HRE vassal what happens when he inherits the Kingdom? Will the Italian holdings become part of Navarra or will his vassalage to the Emperor remain?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I hate the way if you launch a war to install one of your vassals in a new position they will often defect from your kingdom with their land in your kingdom to become independant/part of this other kingdom where you've stole land from/whatever
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 08, 2012, 08:42:59 PM
I hate the way if you launch a war to install one of your vassals in a new position they will often defect from your kingdom with their land in your kingdom to become independant/part of this other kingdom where you've stole land from/whatever
If they're already your vassal that status should continue. They are in danger of declaring independence after your current king dies though.

1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 08, 2012, 06:55:18 PM
Made my 2nd son a Bishop so my 1st will inherit both the Duchies of Toscana and Parma. If my wife dies before me (King of Navarra & Aragon) will that make him a vassal of the HRE or have I prevented that by making him count of Barcelona? If he does become a HRE vassal what happens when he inherits the Kingdom? Will the Italian holdings become part of Navarra or will his vassalage to the Emperor remain?

In the game i had similar to that, those Duchies became part of Navarra and then HRE promptly declared war on me to regain them back, so watch out.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

My dude is the King of Ireland and he marries a girl who shortly thereafter becomes the Dutchess of Holland. They have a son, and the son is in her dynasty, not the king's. So the son will inherit Holland and Ireland's King now has no heir. What happened?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Did you agree to matrilineal marriage? well did ya?

MadImmortalMan

I set it up myself, and I would not have done that deliberately. But it does explain it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

I set up marriage before and had that question pop up in dialogue box before the final confirmation.