News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on March 07, 2012, 12:30:14 AM
Crown Authority being too low, I'm guessing.

It is at Medium.  I'm sorry, I can revoke titles but it will piss off my other vassals.  I thought you could always revoke at least one title from a rebellious vassal withoput pissing off the rest.

Viking

Quote from: sbr on March 07, 2012, 08:35:33 AM

It is at Medium.  I'm sorry, I can revoke titles but it will piss off my other vassals.  I thought you could always revoke at least one title from a rebellious vassal withoput pissing off the rest.

If revoking a title provokes a rebellion then it will not piss off other vassals and the plot the vassal is involved in ends.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

Quote from: sbr on March 07, 2012, 08:35:33 AM

Did you have a succession during the rebellion? I've had that happen. It's not truly treason if he rebelled against your father.

sbr

He revolted at succession, his cb wad to remove me as ruler.  If I can't punish him who can i?

jimmy olsen

How does AC Gavelkind work?

Navara has AC Primogeniture but Toscana has AC Gavelkind. I have two sons (and several daughters). Will the eldest get the Duchy and the younger a county(s), and thus still be in my domain?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2012, 09:50:42 AM
How does AC Gavelkind work?

Navara has AC Primogeniture but Toscana has AC Gavelkind. I have two sons (and several daughters). Will the eldest get the Duchy and the younger a county(s), and thus still be in my domain?

Yes.  But there should be a little icon at the top telling you what titles your future character's younger brother is going to get.  If all the boys die out then the titles get divided amongst the girls the same way.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

No answer on why I can't revoke a title from someone who rebelled without making my other vassals mad?

How about this one.  My King of Sicily, who is married to the Byzantine Emperor, seems to have recently inheritted Thrace and Byzantion.  I'm not sure when as I didn't see a message.  One of the holdings in Byzantion, specifically the Barony of Hieron which is the 3rd of 5 castles in the province, is occupied by the Emperor.  I am not at war with the Emperor.  Anyone have any idea of how this might happen legitimately?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on March 07, 2012, 08:53:17 PM
No answer on why I can't revoke a title from someone who rebelled without making my other vassals mad?

How about this one.  My King of Sicily, who is married to the Byzantine Emperor, seems to have recently inheritted Thrace and Byzantion.  I'm not sure when as I didn't see a message.  One of the holdings in Byzantion, specifically the Barony of Hieron which is the 3rd of 5 castles in the province, is occupied by the Emperor.  I am not at war with the Emperor.  Anyone have any idea of how this might happen legitimately?
Got to be the level of Crown Authority you have. It's important to remember that the levels do not grant equal rights in all countries. Just because Medium authority lets you do something in one kingdom doesn't mean it will let you do the same in another, though that usually is the case.

Who's the woman? The King or the Emperor?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2012, 09:03:15 PM
Quote from: sbr on March 07, 2012, 08:53:17 PM

Got to be the level of Crown Authority you have. It's important to remember that the levels do not grant equal rights in all countries. Just because Medium authority lets you do something in one kingdom doesn't mean it will let you do the same in another, though that usually is the case.

Who's the woman? The King or the Emperor?

Oops, forgot an important word.  My King is married to the daughter of the Byzantine Emperor.

And I have been able to revoke other titles from other people so I guess the other guy's crimes just weren't bad enough.

JonasSalk

What's the purpose of being king of multiple places? I own almost all of Sweden as the king of Norway. I can create the kingdom of Sweden. Why would I want to?
Yuman

JonasSalk

Wtf, I have medium crown authority and one of my Duchy vassals is declaring a holy war against somebody by herself?
Yuman

jimmy olsen

Quote from: JonasSalk on March 08, 2012, 12:38:11 AM
Wtf, I have medium crown authority and one of my Duchy vassals is declaring a holy war against somebody by herself?
Medium crown authority doesn't stop vassals from attacking states outside the realm, it just stops them from fighting your other vassals.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: JonasSalk on March 08, 2012, 12:38:11 AM

Wtf, you can't read?

Valmy

Quote from: JonasSalk on March 07, 2012, 10:54:37 PM
What's the purpose of being king of multiple places? I own almost all of Sweden as the king of Norway. I can create the kingdom of Sweden. Why would I want to?

Sometimes it is useful to have more de jure territory.  Also for the prestige.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Plus it prevents your vassals from creating the Kingdom themselves if they manage to get enough provinces (e.g. via inheritance).