News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: JonasSalk on March 05, 2012, 06:29:44 PM
Makes sense, but then I have a lot of City/Bishophric vassals. Bleh.

Okay, wtf is the deal. Why can't I change my generals when I'm doing a siege? I've noticed a lot of small UI problems like this and it's starting to get really annoying. If somebody attacks my siege, I want the 15+ Martial skill generals, not whatever random crap they throw in.

Because the boots are already on the ground? Would be a bit hard to suddenly just swap someone out. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Okay, wtf is the deal. Why can't I change my generals when I'm doing a siege? I've noticed a lot of small UI problems like this and it's starting to get really annoying. If somebody attacks my siege, I want the 15+ Martial skill generals, not whatever random crap they throw in.

Here's an idea : after mustering your army, change the general to the guy you want leading the campaign.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on March 05, 2012, 08:16:32 PM

Here's an idea : after mustering your army, change the general to the guy you want leading the campaign.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on March 05, 2012, 08:18:42 PM

Hah, I didn't even know you could do that.  :P

Ed Anger

The Welf's in Saxony in 1170.  :wub:

Breed some tiny Welf's and you'll have half of the HRE under your greasy German thumbs before long.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

ulmont

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 05, 2012, 09:31:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 05, 2012, 08:18:42 PM

Hah, I didn't even know you could do that.  :P

I only figured it out after looking at what options the various crown authority levels gave and took away...one of which is the ability to appoint army commanders.

Habbaku

That's actually the way I found out how to change generals.  :lol:

Saw that it was part of the Law change, got curious, mustered an army and...hey!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on March 05, 2012, 09:58:26 PM
That's actually the way I found out how to change generals.  :lol:

Saw that it was part of the Law change, got curious, mustered an army and...hey!

Same.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 05, 2012, 09:53:58 PM
The Welf's in Saxony in 1170.  :wub:

Breed some tiny Welf's and you'll have half of the HRE under your greasy German thumbs before long.
Greasy?  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Weird. My vassals, after ages saying no despite awesome relations, suddenly all at once decided to back my authority increase.
Soon my monarch shall have been 10 years on the throne and I'll be able to be rid of this stupid seniority and set to work reclaiming Africa and Portugal from my cousin (who is really the real heir I suppose....or was....but stuff went wrong with them).
██████
██████
██████

Syt

In my game (s.a.) the usurper Kaiser's son has offed the current Kaiser (who dethroned his daddy) and taken the crown again. He was quickly bitchslapped by the next Salian Kaiser. :lol:

Though that guy in turn got bumped down by the nw Flemish Kaiser. Meanwhile, the Duchess of Cologne/Verona/Siena etc. has successfully gained her independence. Way to go, mom! If only she was still part of my house and I in line for inheriting her titles. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

One small problem I've noticed....so damn many kings getting called "the cruel", many of which never having done much particularly bad.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

What do you have to click to change a general, anyway?

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on March 06, 2012, 05:10:39 AM
What do you have to click to change a general, anyway?

the current one's name on it's flank

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 05, 2012, 06:49:12 PM
In my Duke of Mesopotamia game an Austrian count (of Bohemian ethnicity) inherited a strong Kingdom of Poland and has stayed loyal to the Emperor. The HRE which has been quite stable this game is an absolute beast and is currently fighting the Cumans for Crimea.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point