And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 03, 2012, 03:57:33 AM
First goal is to keep what I have, second goal is to get more land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeNDzbFv2f8

What's your goal?

Well that completely depends on who I am playing ;)

Generally it is to get my dynasty to hold as many titles as possible.  It always gives me warm fuzzies when I can find a way for one of my daughters to be Queen of France or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Do you play as King of France? :x

Queequeg

lol can i be: armenian empire?

Seriously, so this is really worth getting?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tonitrus

If it means anything...I am having fun with it, and I had pretty much quit Paradox games after EU2 (I did by the original Vicky and HoI, but shelved those pretty quick).

garbon

I hate lazy people who see a one hundred page thread on a game and wonder if people like it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on March 03, 2012, 07:59:42 PM
I hate lazy people who see a one hundred page thread on a game and wonder if people like it.
well to be fair most of our threads on paradox games are bitch fests :P

Also, stupid republics. Being the king of Africa gets annoying with the "wrong type of goverment" penalties from having doges as vassals.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on March 03, 2012, 08:02:02 PM

Also, stupid republics. Being the king of Africa gets annoying with the "wrong type of goverment" penalties from having doges as vassals.

Just hand the cities to barons from other provinces.

edit: looks like my n key had gotten stuck!

Faeelin

Eh... the game is fun, but the HRE doomstacks make it lose some of its appeal. Why bother when you know doom follows?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Queequeg on March 03, 2012, 04:39:42 PM
lol can i be: armenian empire?

Seriously, so this is really worth getting?
You can become king of Armenia. :contract:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: Faeelin on March 03, 2012, 08:39:54 PM
Eh... the game is fun, but the HRE doomstacks make it lose some of its appeal. Why bother when you know doom follows?

My Kingdom of Sicily beat the HRE in two seperate wars in the mis 1200's.  The first time I helped win Polish independance, the second time a very small minor rebeled and we had the Emperor licked but the rebelling Duke suddenly died as our war score approached 100 and the war ended inconclusively. :mad:

The Brain

I like how my successor simply opens the prison doors when I die. Sigh.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on March 02, 2012, 12:25:20 PM
just recently the HRE had a homosexual heretic cruel slothful ruler (yeah, he does remember me someone).

WTF I'm not slothful. Now if he was arbitrary and/or wroth...

Btw, the correct expression is "reminds me of someone".

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 03, 2012, 08:07:28 PM
Quote from: HVC on March 03, 2012, 08:02:02 PM

Just hand the cities to barons from other provinces.

edit: looks like my n key had gotten stuck!

You don't need to do even this. On minor holdings (i.e. non-county capitals) you can right click on the picture of the holding and there is an icon allowing you to create a new mayor, bishop or baron out of blue - you don't need to have these people in the court to do so.