News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 01, 2012, 08:25:41 AM
Except that you *didn't* 'set up' a Kingdom, you usurped the current crown. In other words, you declared yourself the ruler of a Kingdom that already existed. And thus have to respect its laws.

That's silly semantics when the game won't let you setup a kingdom if a muslim dynasty holds it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on March 01, 2012, 08:49:05 AM
So, uh, I guess this game's worth buying, then?

Yes. Just look at all the grumpy ex-fanboi Languishites raving.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2012, 09:32:56 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2012, 07:45:55 AM
My overseas holdings seem to revolt every time the King dies, even states that will be doomed without my protection. <_<

Sounds like you aren't very good at this then.
I managed to usurp the 4 British crowns and keep those vassals in line without much problem.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2012, 07:45:55 AM
Is there any point to continuing to play as England after unifying the British isles?

My overseas holdings seem to revolt every time the King dies, even states that will be doomed without my protection. <_<

I guess I do not understand the question.  Is the only point in your playing to conquer more stuff?  If  it is you might want to conspire to get the Imperial Crown then.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

I like how the name generator got stuck and I ended up with 4 daughters with the same name. No way I actually type shit.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

ulmont

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 01, 2012, 08:25:41 AM
Quote from: ulmont on February 29, 2012, 01:42:49 PM
No.  If the King of Sicily has kicked the Muslims out of Mauretania and set up a Catholic Kingdom there, the idea that the King would for some godforesaken reason respect the Muslim Mauretanian succession policies, rather than using the policies that are working in Sicily, is dumb.

Except that you *didn't* 'set up' a Kingdom, you usurped the current crown. In other words, you declared yourself the ruler of a Kingdom that already existed. And thus have to respect its laws.

I'm fine with that for same-religion violence.  For usurping a cross-religion Kingdom, I think it's much more declaring myself the ruler of a new Kingdom that happens to occupy the same geographic area as the previous kingdom.

Zanza

Are there any good mods? BGA?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: ulmont on March 01, 2012, 11:55:42 AM
I'm fine with that for same-religion violence.  For usurping a cross-religion Kingdom, I think it's much more declaring myself the ruler of a new Kingdom that happens to occupy the same geographic area as the previous kingdom.

I have never liked the fact you have to eliminate the Muslim version of a Kingdom in order to proclaim yourself King.  I mean there was a Muslim Sultan of Rum and a Byzantine Emperor at the same time.  The Seljuks didn't have to burn Constantinople to the ground for them to be the Muslim Romans so why do we have to do so?  It just makes no sense for Muslim and Christian titles to be shared but eh...that has been a problem since the first game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tamas

I am now playing with modifications to kind of gimp the HRE (only elective, minimal levies from everyone), and that independence wars can only be declared if at least half the strength of liege OR liege is at war.

This has the nice side effect of independence-seekers timing their stuff better, altough it does not help that much - just recently the HRE had a homosexual heretic cruel slothful ruler (yeah, he does remember me someone). He ended up fighting 9 (nine) independence wars and England, and only yielded to England, then squashed all the independence-seekers.

Valmy

I actually prefer super HRE to CK1's version though.  The nuclear meltdown that the Empire would go through everytime you launched a game meant that if you played anybody in France or Poland or Hungary you just had to wait a few years and then swoop in for the goodies.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2012, 12:55:58 PM
I actually prefer super HRE to CK1's version though.  The nuclear meltdown that the Empire would go through everytime you launched a game meant that if you played anybody in France or Poland or Hungary you just had to wait a few years and then swoop in for the goodies.

No doubt. I just want it to be less agressive.

garbon

I love having it as an ally though. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

That Emperor is a follower of the Waldenian heresy. He has been making holy wars on it's account a couple of times, and have converted a crapload of people to it. Hell, my Habsburg court is choke full of these people. His heir is the same.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on March 02, 2012, 03:23:26 PM
That Emperor is a follower of the Waldenian heresy. He has been making holy wars on it's account a couple of times, and have converted a crapload of people to it. Hell, my Habsburg court is choke full of these people. His heir is the same.

I guess the pope shouldn't have pissed him off then...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.