News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on February 29, 2012, 02:14:51 AM
Not that I'm aware of, no.  It might affect them if they have holdings in both kingdoms, of course.

Though when I changed succession laws in one Kingdom, everyone got pissed off...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on February 29, 2012, 01:57:30 AM
In my Denmark game elective monarchy hasn't been so bad so far. :hmm:

It works amazing in small Kingdoms like Denmark and especially since most major vassals are dynasty members.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2012, 04:26:40 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on February 28, 2012, 04:26:12 PM
1260, Aleppo. Your ruler is a Mongol Nestorian. :)

Oooooooh.  Good one.

Ok so I tried it last night.  Aleppo is a really big and strong duchy so you have that going for you (you just need three provinces to create the Kingdom of Syria) but it does not take long before the Ilkhan converts to Islam which kind of screws you.  I am thinking next time I try Aleppo out I will declare independence shortly after the game starts, right when alot of the Muslims ones do, and that might work out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 29, 2012, 01:58:48 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on February 29, 2012, 01:55:55 AM
Yes, Tim, that is likely why.  Each kingdom title has different Crown Laws--Crown Authority included.  Click the Laws tab, then click the appropriate shield to see what laws are in place in your other kingdoms.
When I raise crown authority in one kingdom, does it affect the opinion of vassals in my other kingdoms?

I think it doesn't give you the absolute negative modifier that is associated with the Crown Authority but I think it does give you a temporary modifier for "Raised crown authority".

ulmont

One thing that completely sucks - while creating a Kingdom title gives you at least the same succession law of your primary title, *usurping* a Kingdom title locks you into the succession law that Kingdom had previously.  This can be problematic.

Martinus

Quote from: ulmont on February 29, 2012, 01:02:22 PM
One thing that completely sucks - while creating a Kingdom title gives you at least the same succession law of your primary title, *usurping* a Kingdom title locks you into the succession law that Kingdom had previously.  This can be problematic.

That's pretty sensible, no?

ulmont

Quote from: Martinus on February 29, 2012, 01:09:47 PM
Quote from: ulmont on February 29, 2012, 01:02:22 PM

That's pretty sensible, no?

No.  If the King of Sicily has kicked the Muslims out of Mauretania and set up a Catholic Kingdom there, the idea that the King would for some godforesaken reason respect the Muslim Mauretanian succession policies, rather than using the policies that are working in Sicily, is dumb.

Josquius

I don't think the mongols are coming in my game. I got the message about them ages ago but no sight :(
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on March 01, 2012, 02:52:37 AM
I don't think the mongols are coming in my game. I got the message about them ages ago but no sight :(

Ninjas.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Does anyone know of a cheat to make the invasion happen? I really want to see it in this game
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Is there any point to continuing to play as England after unifying the British isles?

My overseas holdings seem to revolt every time the King dies, even states that will be doomed without my protection. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martim Silva

In my game, I had decided to invade Ireland, to bring them civilization and muffins. But due to complications in France, I limited myself to two duchies, Meath and Leinster.

After my old King died, the two sons of the new King came of age. So I decided to give them those duchies, to avoid excessive duchy penalties.

Gave Meath to the eldest, who also included the County of Kildare [with an Irish lord whose father I had subjugated and let to rot to death in jail], and the two counties of Leinster to the youngest.

After the deed was done, I THEN remembered that, while the eldest son had been born of a marriage with a Scottish princess of the royal family, she had died at age 24 of all possible diseases, having given birth to only the first son.

I ALSO recalled then that the second son had been the offspring of a marriage my then-free-to-decide character had decided to have with... the daughter of the Earl of Kildare.

So, I had just put my heir in an area with 4 counties, one of them was his own, two were of his half-brother and the third, his vassal and supposed backing, was actually also his half-brother's grandfather...

and the young one wanted BOTH titles. As my crown laws were minimal... I think you can guess what happened next.

I have to admit, the game reflects human atittudes quite well.

Quote from: ulmont on February 29, 2012, 01:42:49 PM
No.  If the King of Sicily has kicked the Muslims out of Mauretania and set up a Catholic Kingdom there, the idea that the King would for some godforesaken reason respect the Muslim Mauretanian succession policies, rather than using the policies that are working in Sicily, is dumb.

Except that you *didn't* 'set up' a Kingdom, you usurped the current crown. In other words, you declared yourself the ruler of a Kingdom that already existed. And thus have to respect its laws.

Quote from: Tyr
I don't think the mongols are coming in my game. I got the message about them ages ago but no sight  :(

You're warned about 10 years earlier or so, around the 1210s.

But note that the map extends beyond Samarkand, so the Mongols actually 'arrive' when Genghis Khan invades the Empire of Kawarazim, by the Aral Sea. And first they siege the muslims, so you won't see them in Europe (Rus) before the 1240s at the earliest.

Quote from: Timmay
Is there any point to continuing to play as England after unifying the British isles?

My overseas holdings seem to revolt every time the King dies, even states that will be doomed without my protection.  :glare:

You're not playing as *England*, you are playing as a character in a dynasty. If the British Isles bore you, keep the titles in the mainland, grant the English crown to a cousin and continue playing as a continental european.

Josquius

QuoteBut note that the map extends beyond Samarkand, so the Mongols actually 'arrive' when Genghis Khan invades the Empire of Kawarazim, by the Aral Sea. And first they siege the muslims, so you won't see them in Europe (Rus) before the 1240s at the earliest./quote]

There's an invisible map beyond the one we see?
I'm beyond the 1240s now IIRC and am getting a bit worried.
██████
██████
██████

Camerus

So, uh, I guess this game's worth buying, then?

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2012, 07:45:55 AM
My overseas holdings seem to revolt every time the King dies, even states that will be doomed without my protection. <_<

Sounds like you aren't very good at this then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.