And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2012, 02:43:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 28, 2012, 02:41:48 PM
My favourite way to play CK1 was the Third Crusade scenario.  Seems like it'd be almost too easy to play after the First Crusade.

Eh the Fatamids are not the pushovers in the game that they were in the actual event.  Play it and you will see.  Remember to start right after the Kingdom of Jerusalem is created.

The KoJ would only be created upon the completion of the First Crusade though, no?  You wouldnt actually start at war.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on February 28, 2012, 02:44:45 PM
The KoJ would only be created upon the completion of the First Crusade though, no?  You wouldnt actually start at war.

Yes but before then there is nobody to actually start as unless you want to be the Edessa or something.

But you didn't actually start at war in the third crusade scenario.

Come on don't you want to play the entire Crusader States period?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Fireblade

Quote from: Barrister on February 28, 2012, 02:29:25 PM
Been having fun with my Latin Empire game.

But the whole "start at any date you want" is quite enticing.  Can anyone suggest a few specific dates or countries that might also be interesting?

1260, Aleppo. Your ruler is a Mongol Nestorian. :)

Valmy

Quote from: Fireblade on February 28, 2012, 04:26:12 PM
1260, Aleppo. Your ruler is a Mongol Nestorian. :)

Oooooooh.  Good one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Pedrito

But the whole "start at any date you want" is quite enticing.  Can anyone suggest a few specific dates or countries that might also be interesting?
Mathilda, duchess of Canossa (Parma) in 1070-1073 could be a fun start. In the middle of a conflict between the Emperor and the Pope. You could try any date between 1066 and the turn of the century.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

garbon

Quote from: Pedrito on February 28, 2012, 06:09:07 PM

Mathilda, duchess of Canossa (Parma) in 1070-1073 could be a fun start. In the middle of a conflict between the Emperor and the Pope. You could try any date between 1066 and the turn of the century.

L.

P'dox did single her out for a start in the demo.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I always liked playing as that Russian guy who was a werewolf. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Liep on February 25, 2012, 09:57:32 AM
I've had a 4 year old baroness demand Prima Noctae. I thought it was only right to imprison her regent.
:lmfao: I laughed really hard at this for some reason.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Crown authority is medium, but my vassals still seem to start wars against each other.  :huh:

Is it because one Duke is Welsh and the other a Duke in England? (I'm king of England, Wales and Ireland)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Yes, Tim, that is likely why.  Each kingdom title has different Crown Laws--Crown Authority included.  Click the Laws tab, then click the appropriate shield to see what laws are in place in your other kingdoms.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

In my Denmark game elective monarchy hasn't been so bad so far. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on February 29, 2012, 01:55:55 AM
Yes, Tim, that is likely why.  Each kingdom title has different Crown Laws--Crown Authority included.  Click the Laws tab, then click the appropriate shield to see what laws are in place in your other kingdoms.
When I raise crown authority in one kingdom, does it affect the opinion of vassals in my other kingdoms?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Not that I'm aware of, no.  It might affect them if they have holdings in both kingdoms, of course.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Pedrito

Quote from: garbon on February 28, 2012, 06:14:56 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on February 28, 2012, 06:09:07 PM

L.

P'dox did single her out for a start in the demo.
:cool: Didn't know it, I only bought the full game once it came out. My very first try with the game was with Mathilda, but I abandoned after 4 or 5 years.

I am, by the way, considering starting an AAR of my first long game, because I feel completely clueless about a lot of the features of the game, and the manual is pretty obscure in some parts.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Solmyr

If you start any time after 1220 or so (when the Golden Horde is already formed), you'll have Genghis Khan with uber stats ruling it. For extra fun, start as one of the Rus in that period (Galich-Volhynia might be interesting).