Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 27, 2012, 07:45:44 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 27, 2012, 06:05:12 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on February 27, 2012, 05:28:14 AM
I hate you bastards, I have to wait another 8-9 months before I can play this.

Wtf why?

That's when I get back from Afghanistan.

What, the Internet doesn't deliver electrons to Afghanistan?

and, why oh why did you have to burn those korans?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martim Silva

Quote from: Habbaku on February 27, 2012, 01:03:24 AM
I've only seen mercenaries reinforce in the field.  Don't think it's possible for normal levies.

It is, but you need to be inside your own borders at the end of the month. And it is very slow.

Also, how do you people manage to play so fast? I usually use speeds 1 or (at peace) 2. I'd never try to go faster.

And the game is a killer. Even my mommy declared war on me when I was just an infant (she had an affair with my greatest rival).

Viking

Quote from: Martim Silva on February 27, 2012, 09:21:16 AM
I've only seen mercenaries reinforce in the field.  Don't think it's possible for normal levies.

And the game is a killer. Even my mommy declared war on me when I was just an infant (she had an affair with my greatest rival).

I manage speed by pausing constantly...

But, seriously, mommy declaring war on you tops my worst case where my step mom (my children would be her only grandchildren) first excommunicated me then declared war on me because she had a claim on one of my provinces.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on February 27, 2012, 09:24:54 AM

This. Game seems made for pausing given that there is no grace period when you acquire too many duchies or holdings.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2012, 10:09:47 AM

This. Game seems made for pausing given that there is no grace period when you acquire too many duchies or holdings.

I agree.  This problem actually worries me about how MP could play out; if you're waging a holy war and take over a duchy, you're practically guaranteed to blow your desmense limit by at least 5 holdings (possibly 10), causing practically all your vassals to move into instant revolt mode.  There'd be no choice but to pause everytime you won a war like that...

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on February 27, 2012, 10:16:00 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2012, 10:09:47 AM

I agree.  This problem actually worries me about how MP could play out; if you're waging a holy war and take over a duchy, you're practically guaranteed to blow your desmense limit by at least 5 holdings (possibly 10), causing practically all your vassals to move into instant revolt mode.  There'd be no choice but to pause everytime you won a war like that...

Yeah agreed. Does seem troubling for MP.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Quote from: Martim Silva on February 27, 2012, 09:21:16 AM

But, seriously, mommy declaring war on you tops my worst case where my step mom (my children would be her only grandchildren) first excommunicated me then declared war on me because she had a claim on one of my provinces.

Irene and Constantine VI come to mind.

Octavian

In my game as Byzantium it's 1088 and France is once again involved in a civil war.

Early on Philippe died and left the throne to his no good brother Hugh II who failed big time in his war in Spain. A civil war against Aquitaine broke out but he was able to win. Then he died or lost the throne. Suddenly Etienne I de Blois sat on the throne. Right now three factions are all fighting for the throne. De Blois and the De  Bourgogne (Capetians), who are supported by Toulouse, Flanders, Tours and some other counties. The final contender is the duke of Aquitaine.

My money is on the Bourgogne faction.

England was relatively early on won by the Normans. However she has suffered several revolts. Right now William is incapable and his son William II of Oxford-Evreaux (sp?) is leading a revolt to depose him.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Hansmeister

Quote from: Viking on February 27, 2012, 07:49:46 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on February 27, 2012, 07:45:44 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 27, 2012, 06:05:12 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on February 27, 2012, 05:28:14 AM
I hate you bastards, I have to wait another 8-9 months before I can play this.

Wtf why?

That's when I get back from Afghanistan.

What, the Internet doesn't deliver electrons to Afghanistan?

and, why oh why did you have to burn those korans?
At dial-up speeds it would take weeks to download.  And I don't have a PC.

That dumb-ass MP unit used to be in the same Reserve center as us.  I recruited everybody worth a damn away from them because their leadership was totally worthless.

Viking

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 27, 2012, 11:10:03 PM
At dial-up speeds it would take weeks to download.  And I don't have a PC.

That dumb-ass MP unit used to be in the same Reserve center as us.  I recruited everybody worth a damn away from them because their leadership was totally worthless.

Soo.. if you had left them with some competent servicemen then this lethal koranburning clusterfuck wouldn't have happened.

and isn't it really really poor opsec to tell us you used to be based in the same place as them?

Razgovory

Great, Hans has gone from firing officers to getting them killed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on February 28, 2012, 02:58:56 AM
Great, Hans has gone from firing officers to getting them killed.

Hans's new thread: "I fragged my own boss!"

Martinus

I guess the US military is scrapping at the bottom of the barrel, since they now send fatsos with squeaky voices to Afghanistan.

Tamas

Seems like somobody got off on the wrong toe this morning.

Razgovory

Marty always goes way to far.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017