And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Faeelin on February 25, 2012, 01:30:35 PM
Gotcha, thanks.

I started a game as Scotland in 1187, which which has low crown authority and a king with only 2 demesne provinces. Does it make more sense to start revoking titles or building up crown authority?

revoking titles only gives you bad relations with your vassals. Revoking title actions which result in revolts gives you bad relations with nobody. What you should be doing is identifying the vassals which are going to be problems early one and provoking them into refusing to allow you to revoke their titles so they revolt when you are ready for a revolt rather than when their plot includes all your dukes and a neighboring king or two.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Hey sbr, how did you manage to get banned at Paradox?

Josquius

If you have this law where there oldest of  the dynasty inherits all- when you die do you then become this oldest guy of the dynasty or your son?
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

If you mean the seniorate succession, you become the old guy who inherits.

ulmont

Senior succession sounds like it would be a bad idea as you're turning titles over constantly and don't get to manage your ruler's traits much?

Razgovory

I really appreciate you guys beta testing this for me.  Sounds like a lot of fun.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on February 25, 2012, 11:42:38 PM
I really appreciate you guys beta testing this for me.  Sounds like a lot of fun.
:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

sbr

Quote from: Solmyr on February 25, 2012, 09:14:56 PM
Hey sbr, how did you manage to get banned at Paradox?

I'm not exactly sure but I think the techincal reason is accumulation of infractions, I have been on the edge of being banned since I told Castellon about how stupid and hypocritical some of their newer forum rules were.  He was not amused.

I was drinking and playing CK2 until about 4 in the morning, then went over to the Paradox forums before bed.  I vaguely remember reading the 'I'd pay $10 for this DLC' thread and someone posted a random "fags" after one of the dev's posts.  I think I replied with:   

If that did happen both posts were deleted and there is no public record.  If that didn't happen I have no idea what did happen.

Tamas

lol I didn't know that catching smallpox changes the character portrait. My poor sister :(

ulmont

So, is there any decision or event to change a ruler's culture and/or religion to match all his vassals?

My current heir in my Sicily game is a duke in the Byzantine Empire.  Either I change the laws to seniority (which I doubt I can pull off; I'm sure at least one vassal hates me), or I assassinate something like 6 heirs in a row (son, grandson, great-grandson, his brother), or I'm going to end up with a Greek Orthodox ruler of Norman Catholic vassals.

This seems....suboptimal.

garbon

I think you generally have to do said shaping when they are a child.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Giving them the correct-cultured tutor is important.

Also known as "how Toulouse became Lithuanian"

Seen

Few questions:

- How can you easily see what duchies/counties someone controls on the map? None of the modifiers seems to do it for me.
- Can one lower crown authority if one doesn't have the plot option?
- Can one change succession laws in counties not directly under his/her control?

Thanks!

ulmont

Quote from: Maximus on February 26, 2012, 01:50:17 PM
Giving them the correct-cultured tutor is important.

Also known as "how Toulouse became Lithuanian"

Yeah.  This kind of sucks; I had thought inheriting counties and duchies in Byzantium was a good thing, but apparently not.

ulmont

Quote from: Seen on February 26, 2012, 01:52:23 PM
How can you easily see what duchies/counties someone controls on the map? None of the modifiers seems to do it for me.

I've only been able to see this through the diplomatic mode and clicking on a county I know is controlled by that person; their remaining counties will show up in a lighter green than the rest of their realm.  I find it's often easier to click on the person to open their character window and just look at their titles there.