And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: garbon on February 25, 2012, 04:23:38 PM
Quote from: Jaron on February 25, 2012, 04:20:01 PM
The only thing was the duke's wife became duchess of Iceland and the eldest became heir to Iceland, and I'm not sure why that would disinherit him from receiving Anjou as well. It didn't all consolidate until the time of his grandson, who inherited everything.

Well this could be based on the level of crown authority. At some point, titles can't be inherited out of the realm.

That makes sense. Thanks. :)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

PDH

So as the King of Sicily I threw my wife into the donjon, then later on I came to me with the request to release my wife if I paid me some gold.  I took the gold, and got richer, but I could have thrown myself into jail for attempting to bribe such an upright ruler.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

Same thing happened to me the other night. Nice to see the game models multiple-personality disorder.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maximus

Quote from: Habbaku on February 25, 2012, 02:26:21 PM
My Duchy of Apulia -> Kingdom of Sicily game had a significant level of stability.  Yes, there'd be a ducal revolt every so often, but they were always rather easily crushed and their titles assigned to someone more trustworthy.
Yea, same with my Barcelona/Aragon game. Sometimes it's just as well to not reassign the titles, but hold Dad in prison until his less ambitious son succeeds him. It usually doesn't take long(Although my uncle the Duke of Castille has been in the dungeon for over 10 years now. ).

Habbaku

Quote from: Maximus on February 25, 2012, 05:37:35 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on February 25, 2012, 02:26:21 PM
My Duchy of Apulia -> Kingdom of Sicily game had a significant level of stability.  Yes, there'd be a ducal revolt every so often, but they were always rather easily crushed and their titles assigned to someone more trustworthy.
Yea, same with my Barcelona/Aragon game. Sometimes it's just as well to not reassign the titles, but hold Dad in prison until his less ambitious son succeeds him. It usually doesn't take long(Although my uncle the Duke of Castille has been in the dungeon for over 10 years now. ).

:yes:

Keeping the rebellious shits in jail until you can find a better alternative is often the best answer.  Even if you can't find a better alternative, it's still better than keeping them roaming around, starting plots on you.

I've played ~150 years of a Castille -> Leon game (Castillan king was assassinated by his brother within a month of game-start, so...I got to play the new King of Leon-Castille!).  Even with the Kinslayer trait and plenty of other negatives, the Reconquista has proceeded swimmingly with very minor hiccups.  The solution?  Crown Authority.  Hard to get a superduke vassal when they can't pick off their weak neighbors.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

I was able to banish all the rebellious shits in my Croatia game. ALL YOUR TITLES AND GOLD ARE MINE. Then they patched the game and couldn't find out how it went after that.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Having my regents embezzle gold from the treasury is a fucking drag.  :mad:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Beating up on neighboring duke that is rebelling against their liege and losing my gains because they made nice nice is being to PISS ME OFF.

Ed Anger

I also just assassinated the English language in my previous post.

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 25, 2012, 07:47:33 PM

Your vassals aren't going to like that.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Darth Wagtaros

What's the learning curve on this? Hoping to have some play time Monday night.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on February 25, 2012, 07:49:20 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 25, 2012, 07:47:33 PM

Your vassals aren't going to like that.

:lol:

garbon

Well it is a bit late (1205) but my King Gerbert IV's heir is poised to also inherit the Duchy of Aquitaine which comprises about half of France. :D

I also have to say I'm curious about all this supposed impossible rebelliousness. As the King of England, Leon, Portugal and Wales - it isn't very hard to keep everyone in line. Am I missing something? (I may soon spin Portugal off as the muslims on the continent have been sufficiently weakened.)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 25, 2012, 08:18:43 PM
What's the learning curve on this? Hoping to have some play time Monday night.

I don't think it is too bad, as long as you don't start as a bloated Kingdom or Empire. Polacks and Bohemia seem like good starters. Or Croatia.

Viking

Quote from: katmai on February 25, 2012, 03:09:19 PM
So if Viking sucks at game it's broken? :unsure:

Naturally, me being otherwise perfect, obviously it follows that any game that I dont perform spectacularly well at is broken  ;)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.