News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Yep - they'll write each other every week, and he has a veeeery long pen. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on February 25, 2012, 03:08:44 AM
heh, first transoceanic cable

sbr

Is there any where you can see who is next in line of succession after your primary heir?

EDIt: Nevermind

Martinus

Quote from: sbr on February 25, 2012, 04:34:17 AM
Is there any where you can see who is next in line of succession after your primary heir?

EDIt: Nevermind

Can you? I dont think it is possible (unless you mean the pretenders screen, which I think is something else.

Solmyr

You can, mouse over your nation CoA (anywhere you can see it, such as in your ruler's character screen). Or check in the laws screen. Both show two successors following your primary heir.

Anyway, I tried to start with the good old Apulia. Robert Guiscard was pretty successful, having whupped the Sicilian mooselimbs and withstood attacks from the North Africans, with the help of his Hungarian allies as well as a Byzantine doomstack, allied after he married one of his nieces to the Emperor's brother. Unfortunately, I changed succession to primogeniture and legitimized Bohemond, which may have been a mistake. After Robert died at the ripe old age of 80, Bohemond had to mollify some of his unhappy vassals, and his stewardship sucks so he has no money or levies, and no allies. And then all the North African bitches dowed me. I'm honestly not sure if I'll survive this. Maybe offering fealty to the Byzanteens could help (starting to feel like the real Bohemond here).

Fireblade

Quote from: Syt on February 25, 2012, 03:08:44 AM

No no no.. medieval Kings, much like dwarves, reproduce long distance via spores.

Martinus

Solmyr, that's not what I meant. It shows *your* alternative heirs if your primary heir dies before he can inherit. It doesn't show who will inherit after him.

Faeelin

Well, I suck at this game. I can't get a game without all of my vassals rising up and hating me, destroying whatever realm I have occupied.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on February 24, 2012, 06:12:41 AM
I wonder how these changes will affect the Mongol Hordes (tm).

Well......

The Il Khanate started out rather timid, which had me worried but they now occupy the Seljuk space like they usually do.

The Golden Horde swallowed the Rus and the Cumans without blinking, then came after my Hungary (before garbon gets all over this, of course I was going to test my mod with a country I played through already). I had to surrender, then when my later rebellion was also crushed, the AI did not fuck around and strip me of my ranks so I ended up with the splinter kingdom I created in Morocco. Except that almost-Spain muslim Sevilla just came and raped the everloving shit out of me right after I was completely depleted due to a just ended civil war.

:huh:

The Brain

I like how my baroness demanded Prima Noctae (sp) rights. A few years later I checked up on her and she had syphilis.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

I've had a 4 year old baroness demand Prima Noctae. I thought it was only right to imprison her regent.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

Also, the levy modding thing hasnt really changed much in terms of map setup. Muslim rebel states seem to fare unusually well, and Byzantium hasn't expanded, but nothing else.

So I guess I will abandon this for now, except for banning the HRE from going away from elective, because I think it can be made ridicoulously easy. Gonna' see if I can live with the default levy replenishment rate, and if not try a more meager decrease of it next time.

Viking

I squashed the Golden Horde as the Rus when it popped up. Yes, 80k of the most powerful psychotic mongols out there with my toltal levy as the Rus of 55k. 3 full mobilisations and 1000 ducats worth of mercenaries later we settled on a white peace with the golden horde only with 20k free psychopaths still standing.

A fully prepared well moneyed up Rus can squash the mongols when they pop up. Though, I did have to "lose" a few wars in the west to get rid of the mongols.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Why do you keep on living after being killed by the boar?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Quote from: The Brain on February 25, 2012, 10:11:38 AM
Why do you keep on living after being killed by the boar?

Your wife cuckolded you while your brothers both revolted; despite even teenage girls seeing that you are not legitimate you continue as your cuckold while you should have continued as your brother the lobster.

mmm... lobsters with onion broiled in a green flame....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.