News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Also I wonder if the levy change warrants further cost-raising for the mercs.

What they MIGHT cause regarding mercs already is the AI actually using them. I remember spotting a war the HRE (or a duke within) having, against what I think was a pecheneg merc company.  So they hired them then failed to keep the payments going.

Grallon

Are you using the BGA mod Tamas or you've developed your own?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Tamas

Quote from: Grallon on February 24, 2012, 08:11:44 AM
Are you using the BGA mod Tamas or you've developed your own?

G.

I have taken some of the HRE-mod and added my own things of forbidding the HRE from leaving elective succession and minimal levy laws, plus reducing levy replenishment to the original's 10% when not in peace.

Martinus

Btw, have you guys tried playing as another Kingdom while having the HRE mod active? It changed my Kingdom of Poland to an elective monarchy.  :cool:

Ed Anger

I just wanted Tamas to know in 3 defensive wars against his beet brothers, my track suited Serbs whipped them every time.   :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Stupid fucking Castillians.  Mauretania controls two-thirds of fucking Iberia and whom do they attack?  Portugal.  The only semi-powerful Christian state left in the peninsula, and moreover one they have no chance of beating, but they can kill 50% of Portugal's levies and Portugal can kill 99% of theirs, while the Sultan watches and masturbates himself in anticipation of jihad for Lisboa.  GOOD WORK.

And 800 ducats in your war chest doesn't matter when the Moonmen come and all the Holy Orders are busy and merc companies are either hired or bled out already.  Is it so hard to just hire local bandits, peasants.  At this point I'd offer vassalage to the Sultan.  Can I do that?

Also, you know what would be a nice idea?  If having cavalry gave you some impression of troop movements beyond the too-late-to-react limit of neighboring provinces.  Or some sort of ability to avoid battle, or retreat when battle is joined.  If I see an army twice my size marching on me I think I'll consider lifting the siege.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

You need a 1337 start to help you have fun. You can go around raping folk with stacks of death.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

My king and his only son are dwarfs, the chicks aren't digging it.  Is there a midget fetish that lets a gal groove on making royal babies with a small person?

Ideologue

I still don't understand why you can't just have some guards hold her down.

Hey, a real game mechanic question: is there no looting in CK2?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on February 24, 2012, 10:38:00 PM

There is, but it's automatic.  You gain a certain amount of gold when you complete a siege against a holding.  It should be somewhere in the siege display, I think.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: sbr on February 24, 2012, 10:15:42 PM
My king and his only son are dwarfs, the chicks aren't digging it.  Is there a midget fetish that lets a gal groove on making royal babies with a small person?

My dwarf king had something like 8 children, so I think it's just your bigot of a queen.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on February 24, 2012, 11:46:43 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 24, 2012, 10:38:00 PM

There is, but it's automatic.  You gain a certain amount of gold when you complete a siege against a holding.  It should be somewhere in the siege display, I think.

It's a shame.  It'd be neat to pay mercenaries by letting them loot your vassals or allies.  Seems like that should be mercs' first resort rather than switching sides to your enemy who doesn't have any more money than you do.
Kinemalogue

Berkut

So I got married to some Norwegian Princess, and she promptly left Scotland to go back to Norway to rule there or something.

Seems like having kids is not going to be easy if she is in Norway.

Game is definitly a bit overwhelming, with a pretty poor tutorial.

What is a good country to start with?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PRC

Quote from: Berkut on February 25, 2012, 01:57:38 AM
What is a good country to start with?

Any one of the Irish counties / duchies is a pretty safe spot to start.  Probably a bit boring compared to someone on the mainland but that's what makes them a safe and easy spot to learn.

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on February 25, 2012, 01:57:38 AM
Seems like having kids is not going to be easy if she is in Norway.

Distance doesn't matter here. She'll still likely give you kids.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.