News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I tried the Byzantium in 1100 game also. What a mess. Fun calling up 10K troops though. Too bad you have to spend all that time pissing on fires.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Too distracted to put the time into my ARR game, so for fun, am playing that one count under the Pope in a "How much can I enlarge the Papal States through underhanded claims and Crusades against the local Muslims" game.

So far I got half of Sardinia, most of Sicily, and "liberated" Salerno from the Devil/Moon God.

garbon

As England, I'm about ready to release newly minted Portugal and the reboot of Leon. Been a pain waiting to get the provinces ready so that my foolish descendants won't immediately fall to the muslims.  Actually had my half brother as Duke of Badajoz try and take the throne of Leon. He failed miserably as his 3 provinces had been recently conquered and he could call up 0 troops.  Thankfully he did manage to lose Badajoz to the Emir Of Seville while independent. <_< 

Also, my demesne in Spain has as many English provinces as I have in England. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: ulmont on February 20, 2012, 02:56:13 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2012, 02:24:08 PM
The reconquista is fun.  Looking ahead, is there an event which unifies the crowns into Spain, or is this all about holding the various Crowns against all comers?

As I understand it, for now it's just the various crowns.  There's a mod in the works by Wiz - who did good work on Rome, as I understand it, that adds new Empires such as Spain:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?587854-WizCK2-Balance-improvements-more-kingdoms-and-empires-more-ambitions-and-plots

I normally like Wiz's mods, but I don't like all the goofy new Kingdoms and Empires. Empire of Franconia instead of Kingdom of France? Kingdom of Brittany, Empire of Danubia? It's like a bad alt-history book.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

Does seem like a poorly executed vision.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 20, 2012, 11:49:46 PM
Quote from: ulmont on February 20, 2012, 02:56:13 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2012, 02:24:08 PM
The reconquista is fun.  Looking ahead, is there an event which unifies the crowns into Spain, or is this all about holding the various Crowns against all comers?

As I understand it, for now it's just the various crowns.  There's a mod in the works by Wiz - who did good work on Rome, as I understand it, that adds new Empires such as Spain:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?587854-WizCK2-Balance-improvements-more-kingdoms-and-empires-more-ambitions-and-plots

I normally like Wiz's mods, but I don't like all the goofy new Kingdoms and Empires. Empire of Franconia instead of Kingdom of France? Kingdom of Brittany, Empire of Danubia? It's like a bad alt-history book.
I certainly think that you should be able to form a Spanish Empire if you gain the crowns of Castile, Leon and Aragon. Also, you should be able to crown yourself High King of Britain. Not so sure about what other Empires might be a good idea.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Why should the game encourage you to keep such...anachronisms together?

sbr

My plot to regain the throne of Sicily worked, it might have had something to do with the King dying and havign a 0 year old heir.  8 years after Silvester stole my crown his new born son surrendered it without a fight. :menace:

Drakken

I'm playing with GAGA's mod right now, and I'm having loads of fun. To me it's the best so far, and the most promising in the future. It has updates almost daily, and GAGA seems committed to his mod.

The only problem is that GAGA has implemented the hotfix which removes Holy War CBs to anyone besides neighbors. That has the consequence of preventing Denmark from bashing Pagans around the Baltic sea, and condemns it to non-expansion unless it gets claims on Sweden (which is Catholic) or Lubeck (which would allow to expand in Mecklemburg).

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on February 21, 2012, 12:28:38 AM
It has updates almost daily, and GAGA seems committed to his mod.

These are early days.

sbr

What do you all do with your spy master? Mine spends 99% of his time uncovering plots in my capitol.  Should he be put in the provinces finding other threats?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on February 21, 2012, 01:02:09 AM
What do you all do with your spy master? Mine spends 99% of his time uncovering plots in my capitol.  Should he be put in the provinces finding other threats?
Unless you need to assassinate someone that's his best use.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: sbr on February 21, 2012, 01:02:09 AM

Try to have them be allowed as scribes.

HisMajestyBOB

Fuck the mega-duke of Aquitaine. I hope he gets fucked by Iberian muslims in every game because of him kicking my Duke of Anjou's ass all the damn time.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point