News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I'm running on a Windows 7 system, via steam. I'd like to mod some events but I can't find them. :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on February 20, 2012, 03:18:21 AM
Btw, I found that dealing with France was the most difficult. Thankfully they chose to press their claims to Normandy while the Conqueror was around and I had enough money to raise lots of mercs. Still was pretty tiresome.

I guess I was lucky as I havent had a single problem with France and my only war on the continent was when I pressed a Ducal claim to Vexin (which was at the time independent). In my game France seems to be constantly torn by internal wars and rebellions, with one Duke holding Aquitaine, Burgundy and Flanders.

The French King also owns the Duchy of Barcelona and this seems to occupy him enough.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on February 20, 2012, 03:05:51 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 20, 2012, 02:56:06 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 20, 2012, 02:33:23 AM
Transition from William the Conqueror to Richard I was peaceful for me. I beheaded wretched Robert when I caught him trying to kill Richard's heir Gerbert.  Bad news it that it looks like I'll soon be ruled by Gerbert I. :weep:

Also the Saxon north has been very quiet...too quiet?
Lancaster is probably to busy trying too assassinate Northumberland's ruler and heirs to care about you.

Oh they rebelled once while William was still around (I think it was a conglom of duke of Hereford/York/Gloucester/Northumberland) but then after that imprisoned duke died and the one of Lancaster, everyone started getting along peachy.

I don't allow my Dukes to hold more than one Ducal title. If someone does, it's "You-re-now-a-court-jester-and-your-levies-are-off-to-Norway" time. :P

I got Mortimers in Norfolk, de Crepons in Gloucester, de Normandie (my cousins) in Lancaster and Cornwall and Blounts in Oxford.

Ideologue

I don't know why, but my Modena game is fucked beyond belief.  I did manage to unite Savoy and Modena free and clear of the HRE (my son DOWed the Emperor when I did, after about three duchies started tearing Germany apart--the only hard part was securing enough territory to make the Emperor conede, which took so long my war chest was near depletion due to merc maintenance).  So that was good.

Unfortunately, every pissant count in Modena-Savoy decided to declare independence shortly after the union because my Savoyard son apparently spent his time as a duke in Chambery learning how to be a fucking cunt.

And all I've got is the tiny merc company I can afford to keep and my personal levies, which are depleted and even though they're bigger than anyone else's still kind of shit.  (There are only 1500-2500 people in Modena, Firenze, and Siena capable of bearing arms? :( )

Actually, I think the problem, or part of the problem, is that in becoming Savoy it changes the inheritance law from seniority (which was, frankly, fine), to primogeniture.  Do you think if I immediately changed it back, it would make people happy?  Actually, I doubt I even could, because they're already unhappy, so even though going back would be a concession, they wouldn't let me do that, would they? :hmm:  How do I make these people happy?

Man, it's time to play as Poland or something, because I can't hack Italy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Incidentally, having several holdings in one county (as opposed to having one holding in each county) has an additional advantage of all of them benefiting from the Steward if you set him to do his business there. I usually have my Steward set to collect taxes and when he succeeds, the extra cash he gets is around 100 gold.

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on February 20, 2012, 04:33:15 AM
Incidentally, having several holdings in one county (as opposed to having one holding in each county) has an additional advantage of all of them benefiting from the Steward if you set him to do his business there. I usually have my Steward set to collect taxes and when he succeeds, the extra cash he gets is around 100 gold.

Are you guys holding cities/baronies directly?  I never have the holding limit to do that and maintain control over my ducal core (lol).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

I do yes, and only castles. I prefer to give up a county elsewhere and hold an extra castle in my capital instead.

Martinus

"Homosexual vassals rebel because you are ugly".

Best. Thread. Title. Ever.

And also, only in a Paradox game.  :lol:

Tamas

Raised the topic of levy replacements on Paradox. Not very popular, gay-rage is much more important to gameplay apparently. :P

I did receive info on what to mod to affect this:

QuoteGo to ...Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\common . Edit the file define.lua with wordpad. The line REINFORCE_RATE = .... is what you want. ;D
I have mine at 0.1, which is 1/5 of the default. Then I go to the text file static_modifier in the same folder and add REINFORCE_RATE = 0.5 at the Realm static modifier Peace =....
Happy modding

Octavian

Quote from: Tamas on February 20, 2012, 07:05:15 AM
Raised the topic of levy replacements on Paradox. Not very popular, gay-rage is much more important to gameplay apparently. :P

I did receive info on what to mod to affect this:

QuoteGo to ...Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\common . Edit the file define.lua with wordpad. The line REINFORCE_RATE = .... is what you want. ;D
I have mine at 0.1, which is 1/5 of the default. Then I go to the text file static_modifier in the same folder and add REINFORCE_RATE = 0.5 at the Realm static modifier Peace =....
Happy modding

Remember to post your modding results here like you did with Victoria 2 :)
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Tamas

I am not yet sure what to do with it. I would like some serious decrease to it, basically, one set of levies for one war, but drastic reduction would mean quick and successive realm collapses and conquests as the weak-ass realm, out of reserves, gets raped by its neighbors.

EDIT: hold on, just remembered that the guy told me how to raise peace-time replacement rate. Cool. Will finish off my current game as is, then try something.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 20, 2012, 03:24:36 AM
I'm running on a Windows 7 system, via steam. I'd like to mod some events but I can't find them. :unsure:
There's a Crusader Kings II file in My Documents for some reason. I only see subfiles for gfx, logs, save games and screenshots though.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Tim, it should be somewhere under your main steam directory (a leve or two down the tree)

jimmy olsen

I've gone through every file and don't see it.

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 20, 2012, 08:29:26 AM
I've gone through every file and don't see it.

Steam/steamapps/common/Paradox ...

Stop installing shit in your Program Files folder.