News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 17, 2012, 01:29:07 PM
I got one to ratchet down the Crown Laws of France as "Duke" of Toulouse.

I did at least like the Byzantine Governors being given the correct 'Doux' title.  It was sort of funny one of the few places on the map where it was accurate to use the term 'Dux' CK1 called them 'Prince'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2012, 05:05:54 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2012, 03:59:29 AM
Ultimately, I'm going to have to fight the HREmperor (because of a marriage, my cousins), aren't I?  I mean, if I want Lombary and Verona/Mantua/that northeastern area.

Are you his vassal? If yes (and unless the Crown Authority is medium or higher) then you can declare wars on other vassals of the HRE without getting the crown power on your ass. If you are not his vassal, then yes this means fighting the HRE for his vassals unless you get them to become independent somehow (I have been trying to do it by sowing discontent but to no avail so far).

Crown authority is higher.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2012, 10:05:39 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2012, 02:00:05 AM
Yeah, I understand that homosexuality as an identity didn't exist before the 2nd half of the 19th century. However doesn't that make the actions you're complaining about more understandable. If it's just "a vice" that people can choose to do, than treating it like any other vice (caused by satan, can be beat out of you) makes sense. After all I had the chance to be beat another vice out of my kid (greed I think).

That's lovely that they chose to represent the poor treatment and individual who had sexual relations with someone of their same gender would have received - we're in the modern era.  We know that beating doesn't actually cure someone of homosexual desires so while it might be defensible as an action choice, having that "cure" a ward is wrong.

Not if you're a behaviorist.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2012, 02:44:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2012, 10:05:39 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2012, 02:00:05 AM
Yeah, I understand that homosexuality as an identity didn't exist before the 2nd half of the 19th century. However doesn't that make the actions you're complaining about more understandable. If it's just "a vice" that people can choose to do, than treating it like any other vice (caused by satan, can be beat out of you) makes sense. After all I had the chance to be beat another vice out of my kid (greed I think).

That's lovely that they chose to represent the poor treatment and individual who had sexual relations with someone of their same gender would have received - we're in the modern era.  We know that beating doesn't actually cure someone of homosexual desires so while it might be defensible as an action choice, having that "cure" a ward is wrong.

Not if you're a behaviorist.

Not if you're a homophobe.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

You choose to be gay Garbon, deal with it!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on February 17, 2012, 03:27:47 PM
You choose to be gay Garbon, deal with it!

If only I'd been beaten before the age of 16. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Maybe we could make up for lost time.

katmai

Well with new update guessing I should restart my Navarre game. Just got interesting with the HRE dowing me because of inheriting the possessions in Italy.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Hmmmm I looked in the manuel and there is no descriptions for the buildings in each type of fief you can improve?  No corresponding tech?  Weird.  Is that info anywhere?  I would like to build and research a little smarter.  I know I figured it all out in CK1 but that system was alot more straightforward.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Maximus

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2012, 03:49:43 PM
Hmmmm I looked in the manuel and there is no descriptions for the buildings in each type of fief you can improve?  No corresponding tech?  Weird.  Is that info anywhere?  I would like to build and research a little smarter.  I know I figured it all out in CK1 but that system was alot more straightforward.
I think paradox usually relies on user-generated content to display that kind of information. Seemed pretty straightforward to me though.

Valmy

Quote from: Maximus on February 17, 2012, 03:54:52 PM
I think paradox usually relies on user-generated content to display that kind of information. Seemed pretty straightforward to me though.

Oh it will be eventually but it would be nice to know exactly how many upgrades each building can have at my current tech level for example.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2012, 03:56:27 PM
Quote from: Maximus on February 17, 2012, 03:54:52 PM

Oh it will be eventually but it would be nice to know exactly how many upgrades each building can have at my current tech level for example.

hover cursor over the roman numeral and you'll see a #/5, #/2, #/6, etc.

Valmy

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on February 17, 2012, 04:05:58 PM
hover cursor over the roman numeral and you'll see a #/5, #/2, #/6, etc.

Wow how did I miss that :blush:

Thanks!

Maximus

I accidentally inherited Aquitaine and now have the conquest penalties on my holdings there.

Sheilbh

I gave up on Apulia.  I managed to get a male heir who wasn't assassinated.  But he inherited Thessalonika first and came back Greek and Orthodox.  Which kind of ruined the fun <_<
Let's bomb Russia!