News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Can someone post the "beating the gay away event" in its entirety?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Drakken on February 17, 2012, 09:47:16 AM
No more stupid matrilinear marriages to steal off councillors and genius courtiers.  I can already taste the forum's posters' tears. :nelson:

So, only women rulers can initiate matrilinear marriages now then?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: HVC on February 17, 2012, 10:34:09 AM
That should tell you something :P

That Marti's hypocritical is not surprising. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2012, 10:53:03 AM

So if you only have a daughter you have to wait for her to inherit first?  Tricky...what if your ruler lives so long your daughter is past her optimal child bearing years?  Not particularly crazy about that but on the other hand I do not recall those kinds of marriages being all that common.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2012, 10:55:37 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2012, 10:53:03 AM

So if you only have a daughter you have to wait for her to inherit first?  Tricky...what if your ruler lives so long your daughter is past her optimal child bearing years?  Not particularly crazy about that but on the other hand I do not recall those kinds of marriages being all that common.

I mean I think the point of the option was to allow players to have female rulers (which wasn't possible in part 1)...but yeah I'm interested on how it works as it seems like rulers/heirs should still have the ability.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2012, 10:59:00 AM
I mean I think the point of the option was to allow players to have female rulers (which wasn't possible in part 1)...but yeah I'm interested on how it works as it seems like rulers/heirs should still have the ability.

Officially, matrilinear marriages was introduced only to allow female rulers or heiresses to marry and have heirs of her dynasty to prevent a game over.

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on February 17, 2012, 11:01:04 AM
Officially, matrilinear marriages was introduced only to allow female rulers or heiresses to marry and have heirs of her dynasty to prevent a game over.

Well it worked for the Habsburgs :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Quote from: sbr on February 17, 2012, 12:59:19 AM
Goddammit is Robert d'Hautevilles oldest legitimate kid always this bad?

Hunchback, cruel, greedy, wroth,arbitrary...

He destroyed my realm then died in battle leaving his 2 year old kid in charge, who everyone hates too.

Hmm... if this is the same dude I'm thinking about in my Apulia-Sicily game he smote Sicilian Muslims by the truck load and created the Duchy of Sicily. He was the greatest of my hunchbacks. :pope:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2012, 10:49:11 AM
Can someone post the "beating the gay away event" in its entirety?

Can't as I don't have access to it at work but it is basically an event that fires for a guardian if their ward is a homosexual.  I forget the first option, last option is like It'll pass and then middle option is like "Try to beat the gay away". I think there's then a % chance that your ward stops being gay/is angry at you.

Martinus

Won't you still be able to marry matrilineally two courtiers of your own court?

Drakken

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2012, 11:17:33 AM

Own court should be fine. It's shopping genial courtiers away in other people's courts that was an issue.

Liep

This is going to take my time away like deus vult, almost missed worked because my hunchback king was killing muslims.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

FUCKING STEAM! :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

Piece of shit patches automatically. Are the save games even compatible? Another year, two at most and I would have had enough money to absolutely crush Harold and put myself on the throne.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

You know, you can disable that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Quote from: Drakken on February 17, 2012, 11:19:01 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2012, 11:17:33 AM

Own court should be fine. It's shopping genial courtiers away in other people's courts that was an issue.

Ok, so no problem with making sure your daughters can have children while they are not rulers themselves yet.