News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Btw, I kinda agree with one of the modders that assassination should be removed from the game and completely replaced with plots to kill someon (and the plots should be targetted better). The way it is done now, the assassination button is overpowered for a human player, especially when people cheat by doing a save/reload.

sbr

I only that once and it was a test game, i swear.

HisMajestyBOB

I've just got two CTDs back-to-back, one at the month's end and another when clicking on a province. Maybe just random chance, but it kinda killed the fun for the evening.

CK2  = broken? :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Tamas

HisMajestyBOB

My computer is pretty much right on the minimum specs.
The first CTD came after I added some music to the game (the CK1 soundtrack). The second CTD came after I disabled trees. The game ran noticably better with trees disabled, so I'll try again.
Apparently my driver is out of date, too - I have the 1-8-2011 version, and the latest is 1-18-2011.
I'll try installing that and seeing if it helps.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 16, 2012, 09:21:36 AM
Btw, I kinda agree with one of the modders that assassination should be removed from the game and completely replaced with plots to kill someon (and the plots should be targetted better). The way it is done now, the assassination button is overpowered for a human player, especially when people cheat by doing a save/reload.

I was just thinking about this while walking into work as it does feel like though they were smart to combine all those different concepts into opinion (loyalty, stability, relations, etc.) that they have ended up now with assassinations and plots overlapping.  Seems like it'd be best to yeah just remove the former and allow for more targeted assassinations (like that first heir of yours that you don't want).  Another could be related to raise rebellion as the chancellor action is rather uninspired.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I haven't had a CTD on the full game yet but I had two CTDs on the demo.

Josquius

I would have divided oppinion into current and long term though. A bit more realistic that way, the two should certainly impact each other but should be kind of seperate.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

I've had one CTD so far. Seemed completely random.

My Kingdom of Sicily as of about two hours ago. King Torf has since added Tripolitania to his domains. My heir, Abelard, is the Duke of Achaia (I had betrothed him to the young Duchess who, after spitting out two sweet babes, promptly died while pregnant with another  :menace:). Interestingly, Abelard is culturally German. Is culture supposed to skip a generation? His grandma was Havoise, Geman princess of the HRE, but Torf and Busilla were both Norman.

Do I dare live the dream of becoming a German king lording over Italians, Arabs, and Greeks??? :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Viking

This game hasn't solved the basic problems from CK:DV. It has in fact added a few more.

Having started two games as Normandie invading England I have realized a few things.

1. Harold Godwinson becomes my "loyal" vassall if I win. Note that if he is free he will revolt, but if I remove his title or execute him my Norman allies will be all pissed off.

2. I can take his dukal title but not his county. WTF. 

3. 5 generations of Godwinsons have lived in the game and they have all rebelled and I have not able to remove them without hitting my loyalty.

4. Each of the following 4 generations revolted immediately the day after their father died in prison, which was the only way to keep their father from revolting.

5. I still don't understand why my entire kingdom yields 2000 feudal levies and my demesne yeilds 300 feudal levies but when 3 province Duchy of Kent revolts raises 500 per province without using mercenaries. After the kent levies have already been fighting for years putting down the revolving revolters and are reduced to next to nothing they manage this.

I'm just baffled at how to keep anybody loyal.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

Quote from: Viking on February 16, 2012, 10:51:13 AM
I'm just baffled at how to keep anybody loyal.

I'm pretty sure that almost by design, you can't please all of the vassals all of the time.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

I used to be king of England but then I took an arrow to the eye.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on February 16, 2012, 10:51:13 AM
5. I still don't understand why my entire kingdom yields 2000 feudal levies and my demesne yeilds 300 feudal levies but when 3 province Duchy of Kent revolts raises 500 per province without using mercenaries. After the kent levies have already been fighting for years putting down the revolving revolters and are reduced to next to nothing they manage this.

500 doesn't seem much for a duchy and after all vassals can raise more than you can get out of them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Had a fun game as William the Bastard.  My timing for the invasion was bang on as Harold was busy fighting the Norweenies.  When he finally turned south to fight me I had landed my full army, which was a bit of a pain, and crushed him.  From that point on it was just a matter of laying seige to each province.  The Norweenies had been pretty badly beaten up by Harold and so they were pretty easy to defeat on the Island.  Plus they kept sending invasion forces to conquer Normandy which were easily defeated and increased my war score without much effort.

By the time of William's death I had a relatively peaceful prosperous Kingdom going on.  I had usurped Anjou and I was trying to figure out how to get the Vexin.

The Robert became king and everyone and their dog revolted. I am going to have to learn a bit more about how to ensure a more stable transfer of power from generation to generation.